Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Savings and Investments thread

Comments

• Getting interesting on the contest front!
    Pah! About as interesting as a Charlton corner😉
  • Also a quick look at my SIPP & I reckon I'm up by approx 7.5% this year. Virtually all of that over the past 2 months. 
    11.5% for me.  About two thirds of that in the last quarter.
  • Well my crypto is up about 120% on the 12 months. But that is still in recovery mode as I'm about £1700 down from investment outlay, as the £2000 in Alts have matured to a healthy £300. The devil is in the detail. 
  • I have 7733.24 as the close?
  • My SIPP up 7.6% over the last quarter.
  • I think I came 8th.
    Pleased with that as 7702 was a great guess. 
  • The last couple of months have really helped the pension.  Up 7.28% for the 12 months, but most of that is in the last 2 months, where it is up 8.04%. It’s been a poor time, investment wise, since I started the pension (coming out of my work scheme in order to retire early) in July 2021, but we’re getting there now 😮‍💨😉
  • That's 3rd place for me following winning this competition the time before last.
    It's nice to finish above so many people with more knowledge than me.
    Well done Lonelynorthern addick.

Great fun this competition thanks for doing it Rob7Lee
  • TelMc32 said:
    The last couple of months have really helped the pension.  Up 7.28% for the 12 months, but most of that is in the last 2 months, where it is up 8.04%. It’s been a poor time, investment wise, since I started the pension (coming out of my work scheme in order to retire early) in July 2021, but we’re getting there now 😮‍💨😉
    It certainly has been a great couple of months. My gain in December just beat Novembers which was already the best month since I switched providers 18 months ago. 

That's 3rd place for me following winning this competition the time before last.
    It's nice to finish above so many people with more knowledge than me.
    Well done Lonelynorthern addick.

Great fun this competition thanks for doing it Rob7Lee
    Yes very well done, also to everyone really, it's only fun but to see so many people within a percent or two of the outcome is impressive!

I'll do it again for 30th June, but will come back on here in the new year to officially do.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s that time - £250 for me, £300 for my wife, £100 for my Mum.

Happy New Year !!
  • £200 for me. 
  • £350 to start the year following £0 last month 
  • £125 for Victor, £325 for Margaret 
  • £100 for me this month.
  • £350 for me.
  • edited January 3
    1 x 25
    1 x 50
    £75 to start the year off.
  • £100 for me 😀
  • £50 for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Bad start to the year with a big fat zero for me; £200 for the missus.
  • 1 x 25
    1 x 50
  • nothing again, of course, but Im not due another win for about 2 years
  • Only just saw I won the FTSE competition :open_mouth: If only I had this foresight in the rest of my investments!
  • cafcpolo said:
    £1200 here.

First month of the year and I've almost equalled my entire 2023 return. £250 for the missus.
    …out of interest, what was the breakdown of the superb £1200 win?
  • meldrew66 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    £1200 here.

First month of the year and I've almost equalled my entire 2023 return. £250 for the missus.
    …out of interest, what was the breakdown of the superb £1200 win?
    £1k and 4 x £50.
  • Two blank months on the bounce for me. 
  • Second in the FTSE forecast comp. However won £175 in the Railway Tavern Bexley Xmas bonus ball comp.
  • £125 for me and £300 for Mrs Chaz on PBs. Nothing for junior but he has had to reduce his holding to £10k since buying his flat.