Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Savings and Investments thread

Comments

• edited January 2022
    7730 please.
  • I did state a figure but someone already has that in the list so can I have 

7510    Thanks 
  • edited January 2022
    I'm thinking the over-valuation of everything continues "a bit longer". The steady sleepwalking into mass defaulting of loans continues "a bit longer". Then a final trigger point and we get a global crash.

So I have two figures in mind. 8,250 - if "a bit longer" is more than 6 months. 5,000 - if it's less than 6 months.

I'm thinking "a bit longer" may have a few more props thrown at it before it runs its' course. So, for my entry, I'll go with 8,250.
  • So latest entries updated:

NameLevel
    Thread Killer7437
    meldrew667337
    Pedro457297
    StrikerFirmani7510
    MrOneLung7270
    PragueAddick7533
    LargeAddick7547
    Fortune 82nd Minute7250
    Gary Poole7574
    holyjo7594
    Rob7Lee7605
    @TelMc327621
    WishIdStayedInThe Pub7634
    Addick Addict7652
    TheGhostofTomHovi7666
    fat man on a moped7675
    Bangkokaddick7686
    thecat7690
    Hoof_it_up_to_benty7100
    RalphMilne7702
    Daarrrzzettbum7717
    Covered End7721
    golfaddick7730
    Housty7747
    Salad7750
    IdleHans7777
    CAFCWest7799
    valleynick667801
    Lonelynorthernaddick7845
    CharltonKerry7860
    blackpool727880
    HardyAddick7892
    bobmunro7897
    gunnessaddick7936
    wwaddick8002
    oohaahmortimer6789
    Er_Be_Ab_Pl_Wo_Wo_Ch 8250
  • I'm thinking the over-valuation of everything continues "a bit longer". The steady sleepwalking into mass defaulting of loans continues "a bit longer". Then a final trigger point and we get a global crash.

So I have two figures in mind. 8,250 - if "a bit longer" is more than 6 months. 5,000 - if it's less than 6 months.

I'm thinking "a bit longer" may have a few more props thrown at it before it runs its' course. So, for my entry, I'll go with 8,250.
    Historically only the US is "over valued". The UK market is very much "under valued" when compared to previous PE's and general market capitalisation.
  • I'm thinking the over-valuation of everything continues "a bit longer". The steady sleepwalking into mass defaulting of loans continues "a bit longer". Then a final trigger point and we get a global crash.

Historically only the US is "over valued". The UK market is very much "under valued" when compared to previous PE's and general market capitalisation.
    Relative value of stocks, yes of course, the US is bonkers. A US stock crash might or might not be the trigger, though I'm considering other asset types in the crash scenario.

Relative value of stocks, yes of course, the US is bonkers. A US stock crash might or might not be the trigger, though I'm considering other asset types in the crash scenario.

I would be interested to know what those other asset types might be.
  • Has anyone invested in whisky? I've been considering it. I've done some reading and although there are firms out there quoting ridiculous potential earnings, the reality is a much lower ROI but possibly higher and safer than stocks and shares. Interested in any thoughts.
  • Has anyone invested in whisky? I've been considering it. I've done some reading and although there are firms out there quoting ridiculous potential earnings, the reality is a much lower ROI but possibly higher and safer than stocks and shares. Interested in any thoughts.
    Caveat emptor. 

https://www.masterofmalt.com/blog/post/a-warning-about-whisky-investment.aspx

• @golfaddick, what are your preferred funds for investing in, lets say the UK markets (not limited to ftse 100)? 
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    Has anyone invested in whisky? I've been considering it. I've done some reading and although there are firms out there quoting ridiculous potential earnings, the reality is a much lower ROI but possibly higher and safer than stocks and shares. Interested in any thoughts.
    Caveat emptor. 

https://www.masterofmalt.com/blog/post/a-warning-about-whisky-investment.aspx

Thanks for that. I've read articles pro and con. I'm probably taking more notice of articles like this one over the pro articles which are often written by those with vested interests.
  • Premium Bonds - £25 each for myself, wife and two daughters. £25 for father in law.
    Thousands on good single malts, but nothing left to sell other than empties.......hic!
  • £25 PB for me this time.
  • mendonca said:
    @golfaddick, what are your preferred funds for investing in, lets say the UK markets (not limited to ftse 100)? 
    Ones not limited to the FTSE then probably the 2 Slater funds (Growth and Recovery), otherwise Artemis Smart GARP and the Jupiter Special Situations, which are heavily into the FTSE100 which (as we know) is not tech heavy and contains a lot of "value" companies such as Banks and Consumables. 
  • £25 pb this month 
  • £25 for me, £75 for the wife, £25 for the late mother in law
  • £25 each for me and the wife from PBs. Junior picked up £100 (4x25).

About time one of us CL PB investors was picking up one of the bigger prizes  :/
  • Sponsored links:

You've still got her money invested !!  Fraud if ever I saw it.....😄
  • edited February 2022
    Chaz Hill said:
    £25 each for me and the wife from PBs. Junior picked up £100 (4x25).

About time one of us CL PB investors was picking up one of the bigger prizes  :/
    They probably have but they're not going to telling all on here....

I'm just off to The Bahamas for a few weeks.....😉
    Lol. No, NS&I have been informed, paperwork sent to them by the Solicitors dealing with probate, and online account has been closed. I’m assuming that until they pay out the bond numbers remain in the draw.
    Lol. No, NS&I have been informed, paperwork sent to them by the Solicitors dealing with probate, and online account has been closed. I’m assuming that until they pay out the bond numbers remain in the draw.
    After someone dies the estate used to be able to keep them in the drawer for up to 6 months but they extended that in recent years to up to 12 months.
  • 2 x £25 here
  • Interest rates up again, to 0.5%.