Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Savings and Investments thread

Comments

• £25 for me.
  • Nothing for me in March  :(
  • 2 x 25 for me.
    1st time I've got more than one
  • £50 each for me and the missus, £50 for my Mum, £25 for the late mother in law.
  • 2 X £25 for me
  • Nothing for me, £25 for Mr F
  • And how did @Rob7Lee 's father in law do?

Always makes me chuckle that he has won every month for as long as I can remember!
  • £25 for me, 2x£25 for junior and 3x£25 for Mrs Chaz so can’t complain. I see there was a Cheshire winner of £1m. Anybody heard from @bobmunro ? ;)
  • 3x£25. Then get a letter though post £615 overpayment from last job fuck sake 💪
  • Sponsored links:

• Maxed out on PBs.  Zero this year....!
  • Going to be tricky having the balls to throw 20k into the markets in April. So much uncertainty that may mean drip feeding is a better ploy this year (for me).
  • edited March 2022
    mendonca said:
    Going to be tricky having the balls to throw 20k into the markets in April. So much uncertainty that may mean drip feeding is a better ploy this year (for me).
    Stick it in a decent ISA, by decent I mean not a high street bank one.
  • Froggy66 said:
    Long time lurker on this thread. Just considering my ISA options for the new upcoming tax year. Interested in any experience on IFISA's in particular views on the Kuflink offering
     Bumping this for you seeing as I have no clue what you mean. Googling Kuflink gives me a Peer-to-Peer lender in Gravesend and googling IF ISA's gives me Innovative Finance ISA's. Not something I have knowledge on or licence to advise on.

I will say though, if its your first foray into investing it might be best to go down the standard ISA route.
     No its not my first foray and yes those are the things I was asking about but note your skepticism accordingly, especially as you are an experienced voice around here. Thanks
  • And how did @Rob7Lee 's father in law do?

Always makes me chuckle that he has won every month for as long as I can remember!
    He had a blank in Jan (first time in about 3 years) - but back on form was 2x £25 this month.

£25 each for me, Mrs R7L and youngest daughter also, eldest nothing.
  • mendonca said:
    Going to be tricky having the balls to throw 20k into the markets in April. So much uncertainty that may mean drip feeding is a better ploy this year (for me).
    Personally I'd almost always drip feed anyway, spreads the risk.
  • £25. Doesn't quite make up for the losses on my other investments this year though!
  • id be interested to know how peoples portfolios have done since the NY . In the sprit of transparency mine is down just under 4%
  • holyjo said:
    id be interested to know how peoples portfolios have done since the NY . In the sprit of transparency mine is down just under 4%
    That's very good. Mines down around 8% since 5th January, but I'm on a 65/35 split between Equities and Bonds/property. 
  • Pension down about 3-4%, isa down about 7%
  • Sponsored links:

• Pension down around 5%, ISA 7%. Pension less mainly as I sold out of a couple of funds about a month ago so I have around 15% of my fund currently sitting in cash (and no I didn't have any foresight into what was going to happen, just born lucky :-) )

Half is set to reinvest on the 18th and I've just bought some easyJet shares and Lloyds bank.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Pension down around 5%, ISA 7%. Pension less mainly as I sold out of a couple of funds about a month ago so I have around 15% of my fund currently sitting in cash (and no I didn't have any foresight into what was going to happen, just born lucky :-) )

Half is set to reinvest on the 18th and I've just bought some easyJet shares and Lloyds bank.
    Lloyds were trading at over 52p just before Putin went mad.
    In just over a week they are now trading at 42p.
    A good time to buy.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Pension down around 5%, ISA 7%. Pension less mainly as I sold out of a couple of funds about a month ago so I have around 15% of my fund currently sitting in cash (and no I didn't have any foresight into what was going to happen, just born lucky :-) )

A good time to buy.
    Agreed, I bought some a while ago for 43p and sold at 51p so felt a good time to buy them back!
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

A good time to buy.
    Agreed, I bought some a while ago for 43p and sold at 51p so felt a good time to buy them back!
    Unfortunately I bought mine about 7 years ago at 73p.
    In for the long haul now.
  • Any reason you are specifically looking at Lloyds shares? 
  • mendonca said:
    Any reason you are specifically looking at Lloyds shares? 
    None other than I have some. 
  • Well this is one contest I can probably win quite comfortably - down about 11 per cent since 31 December. Too much tech and even my UK smaller companies funds have been pretty poor performers.

Frankly, I'm amazed the FTSE is still holding its 7000 level with all the threats flying around. When it eventually falls through this level it will be interesting to see what the floor is. 

• USD around 6%
    GBP around 10%, 2 Ballie Gifford funds being the major drop. EFFs have held up reasonably well.

Had an email today confirming that one of the funds in my pension pot is now officially worthless and removed from the portfolio.

No panic. I made an error in selling too late when covid hit. Things will improve but perhaps it'll take longer than usual.

• Well another day looked to be heading for disaster turned around in the afternoon. FTSE100 down to 6792 at one point came back to close at 6959. However, since my December valuation my stock/fund portfolio is down by 7%. An that’s with me holding decent positions in oil, mining, and BAE which have seen decent rises. Lloyds hit an intra day low of 38.80p before coming back to 41.25p. 

Who knows where this is going…… 
  • Well another day looked to be heading for disaster turned around in the afternoon. FTSE100 down to 6792 at one point came back to close at 6959. However, since my December valuation my stock/fund portfolio is down by 7%. An that’s with me holding decent positions in oil, mining, and BAE which have seen decent rises. Lloyds hit an intra day low of 38.80p before coming back to 41.25p. 

Who knows where this is going…… 
    The FTSE100 touched 7000 very briefly this afternoon before profit taking (sorry, late selling) brought it back down again. 

The sooner the West pull their finger out & help Ukraine the better. Putin is all talk. Impose a no fly zone & bomb his tank convoy & it will all be over in days. Funny that we never had a problem coming to Kuwait's aid when Saddam Hussain invaded in 1990......but then again Kuwait has oil.