Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Ipswich match thread (FT 0-0, third clean sheet in a row but lacking goals...)

Comments

• From a shape and system perspective that's the best half of our pre-season.

The worry though, is that we're being forced to play long to Nicky Ajose against Christoph Berra.
  • Are u lot still awake ?
  • WSS said:
    Have they had the temerity to ask for seat cleaners
  • ross1 said:

cafc4life said:

We have absolute zilch attacking threat. Been in there box 0 times . Not even a corner

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 11m11 minutes ago
    #cafc doing alright here. Without actually creating chances. If that makes sense.
    Even if we draw every league game 0-0, we will still be relegated
    No we wouldnt... Doncaster (-16) / Blackpool (-23) would still have gone down ahead of us on Goal Difference last season as ours would have been 0
    Don't forget we would only get 44 points though. People are forgetting we lose to Millwall twice.
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

cafc4life said:

We have absolute zilch attacking threat. Been in there box 0 times . Not even a corner

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 11m11 minutes ago
    #cafc doing alright here. Without actually creating chances. If that makes sense.
    Even if we draw every league game 0-0, we will still be relegated
    No we wouldnt... Doncaster (-16) / Blackpool (-23) would still have gone down ahead of us on Goal Difference last season as ours would have been 0
    I will get one right tonight
    I'll give you that one then @Ross on that basis that we'll lose twice to Millwall and so be relegated ;)
  • Is Pinocchio there tonight ?

Yes turned up about 25 mins in. Suitcase on her so I'm guessing she's just got back from her 4 month stay in Dubai
  • Foley and Crofts are younger versions of Jackson.
    Konsa plays like Gomez and looks a real talent. Johnson and Slade swearing at each other.
    Slade is cutting an angry and frustrated figure and seems to have developed a Tourette's like twitch. Has liked nothing we have done so far.

Harriott looking ok as does Holmes when he has the ball and is running at them.

Ajose hardly a sniff against top quality Championship centre backs.

All our subs are academy plus Ba.

We certainly need those 5 or 6 new players at least.

But other than that it's ok?

• Defence looks ok , nothing to shout about...
    Midfield looks almost pedestrian and had zilch creativity to excite or prose any threat!
    Attack ... What attack? Hardly anything going forward , we struggled to score goals last season and I think this season could be worse!

Tactics don't seem too clear, nothing to suggest we're going for counter attacking etc!
    Have a few finesse players who have a tricks but they're going to get kicked about for fun!
  • Foley and Crofts are younger versions of Jackson.
    Konsa plays like Gomez and looks a real talent. Johnson and Slade swearing at each other.
    Slade is cutting an angry and frustrated figure and seems to have developed a Tourette's like twitch. Has liked nothing we have done so far.

Harriott looking ok as does Holmes when he has the ball and is running at them.

Ajose hardly a sniff against top quality Championship centre backs.

All our subs are academy plus Ba.

We certainly need those 5 or 6 new players at least.

I've thought that too, given his ability on the ball, but haven't seen enough of him to know how good he is at defending.

That said, let's all agree to talk him down until at least 1 September lest Burnley come sniffing.
  • Absolutely heaving.

It is big nights like tonight, packed into the valley all the hustle bustle of the crowd, trying to get to the bar for a shandy or three, moaning at the youngsters who can't find a seat, so have decided to stand on the stairs, elbowing me in all the excitement of the drama unfolding under the floodlights. Never knowing at what moment the ball will go in the back of the net so we can all go mental!

Yes life doesn't get better than being a football fan under the duchatelet regime!

Thanks Roland you truly are a god of this fine sport!

• ross1 said:

It would help to keep playing like this, perhaps RD and KM may, just may, realise how inadequate this squad is

Or they will say "you held a championship side 0 - 0 so you don't need more players"
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

Is Pinocchio there tonight ?

Yes turned up about 25 mins in. Suitcase on her so I'm guessing she's just got back from her 4 month stay in Dubai
    I trust our Security searched her suitcase thoroughly.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 36s37 seconds ago
    HT 0-0. In breaking news...LouisMend has told me he now has a cat called Zaha.

Surely following Charlton, it should be called HaHa
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    46' Ipswich get the ball rolling for the second half. #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 10s10 seconds ago
    49' Ipswich win a corner. Douglas takes, Crofts heads clear. #cafc
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 36s37 seconds ago
    HT 0-0. In breaking news...LouisMend has told me he now has a cat called Solly.

Dodgy knees?
  • No one has answered the most important question of the night - is Natalie Sawyer there?
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 2m2 minutes ago
    Here is Solly. And LouisMend's legs.

Is that nail polish? Not on the cat.
  • I'm just glad his legs are crossed
  • Sponsored links:

Seems like anice cat. Not a patch on mine though.
  • Can we have more pussy pics please this game is boring!

Looks like he likes making fairy cakes as well.
    As he heard of a Henry or Dyson ?
  • Reports on twitter that the sofa has gone

Shame the regime ain't
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Can we have more pussy pics please this game is boring!

I wouldnt do a Google Image search on "Pussy Pics" if your at work right now!!
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 39s40 seconds ago
    56' Triple sub for Town: Sears, Bishop and Stewart replace McGoldrick, Dozzell and Lamah. #cafc