Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

El Hadji Ba

Comments

• Options
    Thierry Racon was limited, he had tricks but no footballing sense and as a result he ended up at Portsmouth in L2.

He has since fallen down to the 6th (SIXTH) division in France.

I think the issues were more in his head than on the pitch.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Thierry Racon was limited, he had tricks but no footballing sense and as a result he ended up at Portsmouth in L2.

We finished 4th in league 1 with him, Semedo and Bailey. I think we'd take that this season
  • Options
    Kashi made him look good last season, after kashi got injured/disappeared off the face of the Earth ba's mistakes became more and more obvious and costly.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

We finished 4th in league 1 with him, Semedo and Bailey. I think we'd take that this season
    Jeez - comparing our current central midfield players (for the foreseeable future) with those that came 4th and 1st in this league just shows how far off we are:

Bailey, Racon, Semedo

Stephens, Hollands, Pritchard

Jackson (now), Crofts, Ba

I guess if you add Kashi and Diarra that is a slightly rosier picture, but I would imagine we can't rely on seeing either before Christmas.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Kashi is expected back in august. Intel could have been wrong there. Bauer/Kashi easy mistake... :lol:
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Kashi is expected back in august.

Back from his holiday or his injury. We were told he was out for four months, 3 weeks ago
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Kashi is expected back in august.

Has something changed in the last week or so? Otherwise November was a conservative estimate on 12th July:

http://m.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14613509.Huge_blow_for_Charlton_as_midfielder_set_to_be_ruled_out_for_four_months/
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Bailey Racon and Semedo

a trio of players that got dogs abuse at the time.

I liked 2 out of those 3, I really hoped they'd push on. Semedo was solid but not creative, Racon was creative but couldn't run or tackle.

I never liked the Ginger, I don't know why I never took to him, he scored goals, created opportunities, ran his nuts off, rolled around on the floor after every tackle.... ah wait that was it...

And then there was his penalty, low and hard or down the middle? Nah i'll go top corner of the NE Quadrant, that signed him off as a muppet for me. It became the Nicky Bailey show.

I just feel bad for anyone unfortunate enough to name a child or pet after him.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Kashi is expected back in august. Intel could have been wrong there. Bauer/Kashi easy mistake... :lol:

Oops ha ha ha there are so many injured.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I never liked the Ginger, I don't know why I never took to him, he scored goals, created opportunities, ran his nuts off, rolled around on the floor after every tackle.... ah wait that was it...

That's it?...seems very decent for a midfielder.

Had his flaws, main one being against Millwall at the den a couple of seasons ago, he came on, totally put them in charge and helped get their winner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2016

Dazzler21 said:

Bailey Racon and Semedo

I liked 2 out of those 3, I really hoped they'd push on. Semedo was solid but not creative, Racon was creative but couldn't run or tackle.

I never liked bailey, I don't know why I never took to him, he scored goals, created opportunities, ran his nuts off, rolled around on the floor after every tackle.... ah wait that was it...

And then there was his penalty, low and hard or down the middle? Nah i'll go top corner of the NE Quadrant, that signed him off as a muppet for me. It became the Nicky Bailey show.

To this very day I am baffled by the Bailley hate.
    As I said I never really knew why I didn't like him. I'm not a fan of play acting though and he also put a penalty that could have seen us back in championship on top of the north stand though.
  • Options
    That play-off semi-final still hurts. As I remember he was rubbish in the 120 mins before skying the penalty. Turning up at Millwall a couple of years later hasn't helped either...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Bailey Racon and Semedo

I never liked bailey, I don't know why I never took to him, he scored goals, created opportunities, ran his nuts off, rolled around on the floor after every tackle.... ah wait that was it...

As I said I never really knew why I didn't like him. I'm not a fan of play acting though and he also put a penalty that could have seen us back in championship on top of the north stand though.
    You sound a bit like the bitter Leicester fans who still pick on Yann. It was a poor penalty granted.

I reckon he saved us a day of hell against Millwall at Wembley. How you interpret it.
  • Options
    Somewhere i think so, game against Middlesbrough stands out for me. A league lower he might stand out a bit more, also i agree we are lacking some creativity and i like the fact he will go forward with the ball and could do ok (hopefully)
  • Options

Kashi made him look good last season, after kashi got injured/disappeared off the face of the Earth ba's mistakes became more and more obvious and costly.

wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Jeez - comparing our current central midfield players (for the foreseeable future) with those that came 4th and 1st in this league just shows how far off we are:

Bailey, Racon, Semedo

I guess if you add Kashi and Diarra that is a slightly rosier picture, but I would imagine we can't rely on seeing either before Christmas.
    IF you can add them in then you have two full internationals players, and for me it takes the quality above all of the others, even with Crofts, JJ, or whomever alongside them.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Bailey, Racon, Semedo

IF you can add them in then you have two full internationals players, and for me it takes the quality above all of the others, even with Crofts, JJ, or whomever alongside them.
    Agreed. But one has a broken bone, and the other has been injured for so long that I'm starting to question whether I imagined him in the first place.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Bailey Racon and Semedo

You sound a bit like the bitter Leicester fans who still pick on Yann. It was a poor penalty granted.

I reckon he saved us a day of hell against Millwall at Wembley. How you interpret it.
    And gave us another day of hell vs Millwall on another day.

I have already said he was a decent player by summarising him as follows: "I never liked bailey, I don't know why I never took to him, he scored goals, created opportunities, ran his nuts off"

I just didn't like the bloke and 3 things wound me up about him, penalty on top of North upper vs Swindon, rolled around like a tart whenever tackled and that game vs Millsmall.

I haven't said I didn't rate him... Just I never took to him.

I even met him and he was fine (this was at the end of season do the year we sold Shelvey) but i just didn't take to him like Holland, Jackson, DiCanio even Andy Reid I preferred :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Everyone remembers the penalty that he missed, but if I remember rightly just before that we had a 4 on 2 break led by Bailey, which should have put us 3-0 up, and therefore home and hosed. Needless to say with a man free either side, our Nicky tried to do a Sammy Solo, lost the ball and they went straight up the other end and scored (Charlie Austin) I think.

From that moment on, I think we all knew we were doomed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ba to me just looks lost on a football pitch, possibly due to the pathetically small number of first team games he's played for someone who's now 23
  • Options
    Newshopper says Ba is sidelined with illness.
  • Options

He's not been a well man since the start of the season. Nothing serious i hope
  • Options

I've been wondering why we haven't seen him on the bench, at least.

• Options
    The News Shopper report on that is from 13 August. Does that mean he's been ill for the first 2-3 weeks of the season? If so, that doesn't sound good :(. Also, odd that RS hasn't mentioned him in any press conferences (perhaps he's "ill" not ill).
  • Options
    Does anyone know what mystery illness Ba has been suffering from for approximately 2 months ?

Many people doubt this is "real", but it maybe, so I wouldn't want to say anything untoward.

• Options
    edited September 2016

Does anyone know what mystery illness Ba has been suffering from for approximately 2 months ?

Many people doubt this is "real", but it maybe, so I wouldn't want to say anything untoward.

Guessing that he's suffering from the same problem as Tex, CE.

"Iwantthefeckoutofhereitis ".

more likely to be a different strain of the same virus known as "wewantyourwagesoffourbookites"
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Could be any number of things, feel like it's likely to be real because he shouldn't really be in the matchday squad anyway IMO, and we're not keeping him protected for a transfer or anything.

He's a young guy, I'm sure/hopeful he's fine. Funnily enough, first thing that sprang to mind was when Andy Hunt got post-viral fatigue syndrome - but that is a pure case of just reminding me of another long-term illness one of our players had, not speculation about Ba.
  • Options

Guessing that he's suffering from the same problem as Tex, CE.

"Iwantthefeckoutofhereitis ".

Quite. But I remember when Youga went down against, I think Bristol R. "He's putting it on", I said.

I don't think he ever played for us again.