Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Anzhi | Sat 16 July | 5pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I don't know what sort of team Anzhi put out but if they are a Top flight Russian team i don't think much of them...but as people have said it's pre-season.
  • Options
    that was never a free kick our player cleared the ball and the Anzhi player fell over his legs, Mitov should've done better as they never looked like scoring from free play, but hey ho mistakes happen and its a pre season lets keep it in perspective
  • Options

Once again more negatives than positives. No pace in the team at all (especially midfield and centre back). No width and zero creativity in the centre of the park.

Our number 1 and number 2 goalkeepers are seemingly out the door and imo will both need to be replaced.

By my reckoning the squad is short of the following:

x2 Goalkeepers

x1 CB

x2 CM (one holding and one creative) Nothing that Crofts or Foley have done lead me to believe they are worth signing.

X1 Genuine Winger

Once Watt goes X2 Strikers

Yup agreed. I'd be inclined to give Crofts more game time though.
  • Options

Once again more negatives than positives. No pace in the team at all (especially midfield and centre back). No width and zero creativity in the centre of the park.

Our number 1 and number 2 goalkeepers are seemingly out the door and imo will both need to be replaced.

x2 Goalkeepers

x1 CB

x2 CM (one holding and one creative) Nothing that Crofts or Foley have done leads me to believe they are worth signing.

X1 Genuine Winger

And that's before any outgoings!
  • Options
    Doomed..doomed I tell ye!
  • Options
    Plus Slade is no mug he will replace Pope and Hendo and will get in more first team players!!
  • Options

92nd minute free kick straight down Mitov's throat and he lets it go through his legs. Schoolboy error.

Probably because he is one
  • Options
    A 0-0 would've been an alright result if we had looked like creating anything but we didn't all game. There was no creativity at all.

We will struggle to score goals unless we sign some creative midfielders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uie2 said:

Omg!!!! It's only a friendly, a match fitness exercise and we went up to 92nd minute 0-0 against a decent Russian side! A young keeper makes a mistake so what

We are now 3 games into pre-season. I would expect to start seeing a discernible pattern of play by now - going forward I've seen nothing.

All we are hearing are stories about players leaving.

It may well only be a pre-season friendly, but we should be starting to see the team improve and evolve. We are at best treading water and our "style" of play at the moment appears ponderous and lacking imagination. Unfortunately, when your midfield consists of Foley, Jackson and Crofts ponderous is what you are going to get. Ideally you wouldn;t want more than one of those in your starting line-up.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Plus Slade is no mug he will replace Pope and Hendo and will get in more first team players!!

You say it like he has a majority choice!
    He may have had he's quota of selected players!
  • Options

uie2 said:

Omg!!!! It's only a friendly, a match fitness exercise and we went up to 92nd minute 0-0 against a decent Russian side! A young keeper makes a mistake so what

We are now 3 games into pre-season. I would expect to start seeing a discernible pattern of play by now - going forward I've seen nothing.

It may well only be a pre-season friendly, but we should be starting to see the team improve and evolve. We are at best treading water and our "style" of play at the moment appears ponderous and lacking imagination. Unfortunately, when your midfield consists of Foley, Jackson and Crofts ponderous is what you are going to get. Ideally you wouldn;t want more than one of those in your starting line-up.
    You will not, they will all have left and you will have three under 21 players
  • Options

uie2 said:

As I said earlier Clem I'd be amazed if Slade has mentioned phases of play let alone worked on them. See where we are in 10-14 days
  • Options
    Was looking forward to this season. Now I can't wait for it to end
  • Options
    What's happened to YamFam. Not heard his mentioned,in pre,season friendlies?
  • Options
    Melrose said:

I think he'll feature in the game at Dulwich Hamlet on Tuesday
  • Options
    Melrose said:

And Charles cook
  • Options
    Next year they should spend the whole pre-season behind closed doors and save everyone the aggro
  • Options
    Bed wetting weirdos
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where's Watt?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Where's Watt?

Being sold to Burnley for half of a twix, probably.
  • Options

Where's Watt?

Slade said he's nowhere near fit after Bromley, maybe he feels he would be better off playing the second game instead, or maybe he's being sold
  • Options

Where's Watt?

Being sold to Burnley for half of a twix, probably.
    Because he ate the other half?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

We lost to Bromley as well.
  • Options
    Watched the game on my phone at work. It was that dull my work rate actually went up.

Meaningless game and can't think of anything that can be taken from it, certainly nothing that can be taken with optimism. Just a bit more fitness at the end of the day and doesn't really tell us anything or represent ice of how we are going to play come the season.....but then we said the same last pre season and look how that turned out. Here's hoping Slade can get them going when it counts.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Spot on. Slade is no mug. It's not Slade that I am worried about. It's the 3 mugs in charge.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

x2 Goalkeepers

x1 CB

x2 CM (one holding and one creative) Nothing that Crofts or Foley have done lead me to believe they are worth signing.

X1 Genuine Winger

Yup agreed. I'd be inclined to give Crofts more game time though.
    Agree thought he was MOM but he didnt have much competition based on performances elsewhere on the pitch.
  • Options
    Oh dear
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Haha

"That was shit Rog"

"Fuck you"

Great team spirit there

Amazes me how no one clumps Johnson. I don't know what he's like off the pitch and if it's all just said in the heat of the moment but on the pitch from what i've read this pre season he seems a total prick. Wouldn't mind if he was actually decent, but he's probably our worst defender.