Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016/17 Fixtures

Comments

• Options
    So is Fleetwood the only chance I've got of a weekend by the sea?
  • Options

So is Fleetwood the only chance I've got of a weekend by the sea?

Could combine Scunthorpe away with a romantic weekend break in Grimsby. Also, Rochdale, Oldham and Bolton away in January and February - it's bound to be pissing down for at least one of them, so you'll feel like you're in the sea!
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers away will be one of the games I'll see this year, as it's my niece's husband's team so we make it a family event. Being on a Tuesday won't stop me going but it's hardly conducive to a fun day out.
  • Options

Port Vale away on my birthday. Get in...

Dude... We share the same Birthday!! :)
    Are you perhaps the same person with a split personality?
  • Options
    Did what I usually did and flick to the bottom to see if we have a tough run in in case we are going for promotion or relegation. I am none the wiser. Literally no clue who the strong teams will be.

Would like to do 10-15 away games given I am not renewing but given small away allocations I guess I may struggle to get a ticket for some of the local ones.
  • Options

Port Vale away on my birthday. Get in...

Dude... We share the same Birthday!! :)
    Are you perhaps the same person with a split personality?
    Oh I've certainly got a split personality, no he hasnt... Yes I do now shut up...!!

Sorry about that but I'm definitely not CallumCAFC
  • Options

Bloody hell so thats me @CH4RLTON and @Callumcafc who have a Birthday on 18th October

Always find it strange when you meet someone who shares that same day with you... Although dont blame me guys that I was the one who ended up with the good looks, charm and wit!!

I share my birthday with Hitler.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

MrLargo said:

Millwall away on 8 October is an international weekend. My spanner mate tells me that they had a couple of fixtures moved last season because of international call-ups.

@MillwallFan @Sparrows Lane Lion - what you reckon? Any chance of it being moved? On a stag weekend and worried about the prospect of not being there in person to witness our latest embarrassment.

Millwall fan just texted me and said the game will be off as they have international players , I said depending who stays so will we
    A Tuesday night at The Den should be good, atmosphere's normally better at night games.

• Options

Bloody hell so thats me @CH4RLTON and @Callumcafc who have a Birthday on 18th October

Always find it strange when you meet someone who shares that same day with you... Although dont blame me guys that I was the one who ended up with the good looks, charm and wit!!

God that cant have been a very fun party
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

MrLargo said:

Millwall away on 8 October is an international weekend. My spanner mate tells me that they had a couple of fixtures moved last season because of international call-ups.

@MillwallFan @Sparrows Lane Lion - what you reckon? Any chance of it being moved? On a stag weekend and worried about the prospect of not being there in person to witness our latest embarrassment.

Millwall fan just texted me and said the game will be off as they have international players , I said depending who stays so will we
    Well Marc Wilmots won't have to worry when he quits Belgium after the Euros
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Southend away on New Year's eve isn't ideal. Would have loved that one to be in August, September or April.

Perfect for me, 20 minutes up the road!
    Same here. I can get a lift there and back too ☺
  • Options
    What International Players do Millwall have? - i.e. Going by Wikipedia

David Forde and Steve Morison no longer gets into the Republic of Ireland / Wales squads
    Shaun Cummings has only got three caps for Jamaica

Unless Nadjim Abdou for Comoros and Mahlon Romeo for Antigua and Barbuda count!!
  • Options

David Forde and Steve Morison no longer gets into the Republic of Ireland / Wales squads

Unless Nadjim Abdou for Comoros and Mahlon Romeo for Antigua and Barbuda count!!

Shane Ferguson- Northern Ireland
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Shane Ferguson- Northern Ireland
    Ah I missed him as the English and Northern Irish thumbnail flag was difficult to tell apart on Wiki
  • Options
    Massively pleased with Cheltenham away in the league cup 1st round. with every new ground it will push me onto 83 grounds in total (all having seen Charlton play there).

Grimsby coming back up was a bonus for the 92 club
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Massively pleased with Cheltenham away in the league cup 1st round. with every new ground it will push me onto 83 grounds in total (all having seen Charlton play there).

So that's why we appointed Karel Fraeye, so that by getting relegated we could help you towards the 92. It all makes sense now
  • Options

cabbles said:

So that's why we appointed Karel Fraeye, so that by getting relegated we could help you towards the 92. It all makes sense now
    It was all worth it in my opinion
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Sad bastard that I am, when the fixtures for the season came out I always got massively excited. Looked for the paper with the best slimline listings to Blu-Tack onto my computer at work, highlighting games definitely not to be missed and filling in the results with a biro as the season went on.

From putting them into a diary, palm pilot (remember those?) and then the iPhone, I took great pleasure in filling the buggers up with 'Millwall (H)' or 'Palace (H)' to make sure they didn't clash with anything like weddings or birthdays etc.

Last year was the first time I didn't do it, this year will be the same. My OCD side is still nagging at me to put the away games in there only.

Thanks Roland.

• Options
    Defeat at Millwall and a year older all within 2 days. I think I will need some beer that weekend.
  • Options
    Not sure if its because everybody is talking about Brexit, but it seems as though the amount of excitement/hype around this years fixture release is very damp from Charlton fans. Not even 100 posts on this after six hours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is there a way of downloading the fixtures into an iphone Calendar ?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Not sure if it's still the case, but the Official 92 Club rules used to dictate that you had to revisit a stadium if the club had dropped out of the league and then got promoted back up. Bit excessive I thought.
  • Options
    Booked my Blackpool hotel for fleetwood away, weekend away even if I don't get a ticket
  • Options

cabbles said:

I think this puts cabbles relationship with KM in the spotlight. Jesus how far will a fan go to join the 92 club.
  • Options
    Millwall away falls on international week so reckon that will get picked up for tele.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

Not sure if it's still the case, but the Official 92 Club rules used to dictate that you had to revisit a stadium if the club had dropped out of the league and then got promoted back up. Bit excessive I thought.
    That is excessive. I'd even discounted West Ham, Coventry & Oxford out of my tally as they are all new grounds, and said I can't include Wimbledon and Chesterfield as I haven't seen Charlton play there!

I will not be happy if I can't put Grimsby back in
  • Options
    Rochdale away on my birthday weekend, in case anyone thinking of sending a present/flowers ;).
  • Options

God that cant have been a very fun party
    swas awful
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    cafctom said:

Not sure if its because everybody is talking about Brexit, but it seems as though the amount of excitement/hype around this years fixture release is very damp from Charlton fans. Not even 100 posts on this after six hours.

Nothing to do with Brexit. It's just when you look at the fixtures, apart from the odd one or two, there is sweet FA to get excited about. With all due respect to the guys we are playing in the first 4 games - Bury, Northampton, Shrewsbury, Walsall - how many of them really get you excited?

In fact, it's becoming ever clearer that if we don't get out of this Division quickly - and by that I mean upwards, not downwards - our decline is going to accelerate and get ever and ever steeper.
  • Options
    Having studied the fixture list for some time I can't see us losing a game.