Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016/17 Fixtures

Comments

• Options
    Millwall away 8th October unusual because we normally get them at home in the autumn/winter months but this is the big one.
  • Options
    Port Vale away on my birthday. Get in...
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Our Tuesday away games are:

Port Vale
    Bristol Rovers
    Oldham
    Shrewsbury

Some nice local games for the travelling hordes hundred

Port Vale was the one away game I was really looking forward to, now won't be able to. Also would have gone to Bristol.

I'm happy that Oldham is on a Tuesday though, means I won't feel bad about not going to that dump of a ground.
  • Options

Port Vale away on my birthday. Get in...

Dude... We share the same Birthday!! :)
  • Options
    Bloody hell, looking at the fixtures and the "pub league" look about it my decision to use my season ticket money to join a fishing syndicate looks to be a good one. My Saturdays on "the bank" will be a lot more productive.,
  • Options
    away TWICE over xmas.........thanks FL !!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    And to think clubs like Rotherham and Burton will be able to look forward to away days at Newcastle and Aston Villa....
  • Options
    Millwall away on 8 October is an international weekend. My spanner mate tells me that they had a couple of fixtures moved last season because of international call-ups.

@MillwallFan @Sparrows Lane Lion - what you reckon? Any chance of it being moved? On a stag weekend and worried about the prospect of not being there in person to witness our latest embarrassment.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Damn.

I never thought something as innocuous as a release of what order we play the teams in (not that I've even looked at them all yet) would make me flicker my thoughts back in the direction of buying a season ticket. Funny how things like that work.

I had a similar kind of confusion but one that is the strange feeling of looking at the fixtures back to front, coz this time round I am looking at the away fixtures rather than home fixtures for the first few months. But do have to admit it is hard because one part of my brain's registering Northampton on that first home Saturday (I'll be there) and then the other's reminding me that Bury, Walsall or Fleetwood might be where I first see the team in the new season. And as @jams has said that really does show the poor quality of the league, and there's also the sad fact that we shouldn't be at this level. I don't think though I could have resisted games against Villa and Newcastle as easily as against Northampton and Shrewsbury.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    MrLargo said:

Millwall away on 8 October is an international weekend. My spanner mate tells me that they had a couple of fixtures moved last season because of international call-ups.

@MillwallFan @Sparrows Lane Lion - what you reckon? Any chance of it being moved? On a stag weekend and worried about the prospect of not being there in person to witness our latest embarrassment.

Could be on TV then that one...

International Weekend always means that Sky will show a couple of League One / League Two ties
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bloody hell, looking at the fixtures and the "pub league" look about it my decision to use my season ticket money to join a fishing syndicate looks to be a good one. My Saturdays on "the bank" will be a lot more productive.,

Same here
    Best bit if it's cold and p**sing down I don't feel I have to go
  • Options
    jams said:

christ alive, that has driven home the poor quality of this league

I was just going to post similar.

Realisation dawns that this really is a sh*t league. Thanks Douchbag and squirrel face.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Out of the three or four (?) international breaks last season we only played on one of them. Think the internationals we had last season will still be at the club so I'd expect us to miss most of them this season too. Especially if it suits us in some way. Early season ones were missed. The one we played last season was the last one because the fixtures were piling up.

• Options

March looks like a tricky month:

Northampton v Charlton Sat 4 Mar 15:00

Charlton v Walsall Sat 11 Mar 15:00

Charlton v Bradford Tue 14 Mar 19:45

Sheff Utd v Charlton Sat 18 Mar 15:00

Charlton v MK Dons Sat 25 Mar 15:00

Don't worry. We'll already be entombed in the bottom 4 by then.
  • Options
    Totally uninspired by that. Just reinforces my decision not to buy a ST
  • Options
    I'm well pleased with Bury Away first up. Have a family wedding in Manchester the day before so will be up that way anyway. Won't be so pleased with the 2-0 defeat mind
  • Options
    just what I wanted 2 NW games in the first month
  • Options
    edited June 2016

August 2016

Bury V Charlton
    Sat 6 Aug 15:00

Charlton V Northampton
    Sat 13 Aug 15:00

Charlton V Shrewsbury
    Tue 16 Aug 19:45

Walsall V Charlton
    Sat 20 Aug 15:00

Charlton V Bolton
    Sat 27 Aug 15:00

September 2016

Scunthorpe V Charlton
    Sat 3 Sep 15:00

Fleetwood V Charlton
    Sat 10 Sep 15:00

Charlton V Wimbledon
    Sat 17 Sep 15:00

Oxford Utd V Charlton
    Sat 24 Sep 15:00

Charlton V Oldham
    Tue 27 Sep 19:45

October 2016

Charlton V Rochdale
    Sat 1 Oct 15:00

Millwall V Charlton
    Sat 8 Oct 15:00

Charlton V Coventry
    Sat 15 Oct 15:00

Port Vale V Charlton
    Tue 18 Oct 19:45

Gillingham V Charlton
    Sat 22 Oct 15:00

Charlton V Chesterfield
    Sat 29 Oct 15:00

November 2016

Swindon V Charlton
    Sat 12 Nov 15:00

Charlton V Port Vale
    Sat 19 Nov 15:00

Bristol Rovers V Charlton
    Tue 22 Nov 19:45

Charlton V Sheff Utd
    Sat 26 Nov 15:00

December 2016

Bradford V Charlton
    Sat 10 Dec 15:00

Charlton V Peterborough
    Sat 17 Dec 15:00

MK Dons V Charlton
    Mon 26 Dec 15:00

Southend V Charlton
    Sat 31 Dec 15:00

January 2017

Charlton V Bristol Rovers
    Mon 2 Jan 15:00

Rochdale V Charlton
    Sat 7 Jan 15:00

Charlton V Millwall
    Sat 14 Jan 15:00

Charlton V Scunthorpe
    Sat 21 Jan 15:00

Bolton V Charlton
    Sat 28 Jan 15:00

February 2017

Charlton V Fleetwood
    Sat 4 Feb 15:00

Wimbledon V Charlton
    Sat 11 Feb 15:00

Oldham V Charlton
    Tue 14 Feb 19:45

Charlton V Oxford Utd
    Sat 18 Feb 15:00

Charlton V Bury
    Sat 25 Feb 15:00

Shrewsbury V Charlton
    Tue 28 Feb 19:45

March 2017

Northampton V Charlton
    Sat 4 Mar 15:00

Charlton V Walsall
    Sat 11 Mar 15:00

Charlton V Bradford
    Tue 14 Mar 19:45

Sheff Utd V Charlton
    Sat 18 Mar 15:00

Charlton V MK Dons
    Sat 25 Mar 15:00

April 2017

Peterborough V Charlton
    Sat 1 Apr 15:00

Charlton V Southend
    Sat 8 Apr 15:00

Coventry V Charlton
    Sat 15 Apr 15:00

Charlton V Gillingham
    Mon 17 Apr 15:00

Chesterfield V Charlton
    Sat 22 Apr 15:00

Charlton V Swindon
    Sun 30 Apr 12:00
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seeing that fixture list shows how shit it is. It's like wanting to go out and party with your mates, only to be told you've got to attend Auntie Mildreds 75th birthday party instead.

Way to go Roland.............
  • Options
    Looks like I'll be spending my birthday weekend in Gillingham. Glamorous.
  • Options

Seeing that fixture list shows how shit it is. It's like wanting to go out and party with your mates, only to be told you've got to attend Auntie Mildreds 75th birthday party instead.

Way to go Roland.............

And to make things worse you get out-danced by Mildred and her mates.
  • Options
    Quite tempted by the opener at Gigg Lane and, rather bizarrely, by Walsall of all places on 20 August (maybe I've been in the sun too long). September looks good with Fleetwood and Oxford away.

With the possible exception of Gillingham and maybe Millwall, the only game it is likely to be difficult for non-season ticket holders to get tickets for is AFC Wimbledon, given the very limited capacity at Kingsmeadow. I may have to join their local members scheme.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Looks like I'll be spending my birthday weekend in Gillingham. Glamorous.

Ditto

Gutted about Bristol Rovers away being midweek
  • Options
    Oldham V Charlton
    Tue 14 Feb 19:45

I think i'll take the Mrs out on a nice date for this one... No no no, we'll swerve this little bugger of an away day.
  • Options

Missing the opening home game... Shame its against Northampton as have never seen us face them before (Would have preferred it had I missed someone like Bury etc.) - Also we're once again away (Port Vale) when a match falls on my Birthday!! :(

The port vale away match also falls on my birthday, but live in stoke on trent so I real bonus for me :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Bloody hell so thats me @CH4RLTON and @Callumcafc who have a Birthday on 18th October

Always find it strange when you meet someone who shares that same day with you... Although dont blame me guys that I was the one who ended up with the good looks, charm and wit!!