Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slade says we only need squad of 22

1235»

Comments

• colin1961 said:

seth plum said:

colin1961 said:

22 is large enough any manager wants two players for each position plus young players got to be careful not to block the path to the first team for our young players of which 3/4 will become first team players this season

Which 3 or 4?
    Edwards, Lapsie, Umerah, Hanlon, Thomas, Muldoon
    colin1961 said:

Plus forgot Kennady so that's 7 ..

OK. We shall see.
    I think that playing some of them is a risk, but I agree they have potential.
    There is no way we can expect them to effect a massive transformation, they are young and inexperienced, and in some cases still need more physical development.
  • If you have quality players around them, it provides the conditions to blood them! If you don't it exposes them and damages them.
  • If you have quality players around them, it provides the conditions to blood them! If you don't it exposes them and damages them.

Charles Cook, Aherne Grant, Joe Piggot, Mikhail kennedy and Josh Umerah and others have been exposed wrongly, even if you could point to Poyet, Gomez and Lookman. The pattern has been to sell the most successful ones as soon as possible. The thinking that says chuck in 18 year olds to plug the gaps is heavy with risk, and when this regime looks elsewhere we have had unsettled and unsuitable players like Vaz Te, Williams, and Roger Johnson and Sonogo.

I am sure somebody will put me right on my examples, but the pattern so far has not led to much of a team ethic in my view.

Are you talking about footballers or horses?
  • colin1961 said:

seth plum said:

colin1961 said:

22 is large enough any manager wants two players for each position plus young players got to be careful not to block the path to the first team for our young players of which 3/4 will become first team players this season

Which 3 or 4?
    Edwards, Lapsie, Umerah, Hanlon, Thomas, Muldoon
    colin1961 said:

Plus forgot Kennady so that's 7 ..

They might all make appearances but unless they do a terrible job at building a proper squad (not impossible I really doubt any of them will be regulars next season.
  • We played some of the most boringly shit football I have ever seen last season. Next we are going to be down our better players (JBG / Cousins / Lookman etc) and replacing them with poorer versions. Doesn't really matter if it is 22 or 30 the footy is going to be dire.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

If you have quality players around them, it provides the conditions to blood them! If you don't it exposes them and damages them.

Are you talking about footballers or horses?
    Gonna go out on a limb and say footballers
  • Off_it said:

Depends if they are "Ron's 22" or not.

This time, more than any other time........ we'll get it right!

(you youngsters can Google it!)

We're on our way,
    We are Kat's twenty-two
    Hear the roar,
    Of the duct taped up shoe

This time, more than any other time, this time,
    We're going to find a way,
    Find a way, a cheaper way,
    This time, screwing up from Belguim

We'll fuck it up
    This time, we'll fuck it up
  • seth plum said:

I don't agree two seasons is a fair crack of the whip in the circumstances we are in.
    I expect 50 points by January 31st 2017 followed by promotion as a minimum. More or less the same chance I give the other head coaches. I don't care if the manager is from Micronesia, it is results that count.
    I do wish to beat this regime, and I have been trying a variety of tacks.

So you are condoning RD's policy of changing the manager/coach twice a year ?
  • seth plum said:

I don't agree two seasons is a fair crack of the whip in the circumstances we are in.
    I expect 50 points by January 31st 2017 followed by promotion as a minimum. More or less the same chance I give the other head coaches. I don't care if the manager is from Micronesia, it is results that count.
    I do wish to beat this regime, and I have been trying a variety of tacks.

So you are condoning RD's policy of changing the manager/coach twice a year ?
    If that is a question then no I am not condoning it. What I would have liked to see is RD supporting any manager in order to achieve footballing success in terms of results.
  • Sponsored links:

• The size of the squad required is pretty basic.

If you have 22/25 players that are all "good enough" to be in a top half team and say 16/19ish are all top 6 level, you should be pushing for promotion.

Supplement this with 6 players that aren't quite as good but ok and a few academy level to play in the JPT, then you may do well. This is providing that they are all long term fit, not injury prone, can understand each other. have the right character etc. (The right height lol).

If you have 22 that aren't good enough, aren't fit enough, can't speak the same language, aren't of the right character etc, then we would be fighting relegation.

Let's just see what the squad looks like at the start of the season shall we ?

22/25 Diarra level and we'll be up there. 22/25 Sarr's and ............

NB the above are an approximation, before I'm nitpicked.
  • The size of the squad required is pretty basic.

If you have 22/25 players that are all "good enough" to be in a top half team and say 16/19ish are all top 6 level, you should be pushing for promotion.

Supplement this with 6 players that aren't quite as good but ok and a few academy level to play in the JPT, then you may do well. This is providing that they are all long term fit, not injury prone, can understand each other. have the right character etc. (The right height lol).

If you have 22 that aren't good enough, aren't fit enough, can't speak the same language, aren't of the right character etc, then we would be fighting relegation.

Let's just see what the squad looks like at the start of the season shall we ?

22/25 Diarra level and we'll be up there. 22/25 Sarr's and ............

NB the above are an approximation, before I'm nitpicked.

Woo, hang on there.

Are you suggesting that we should buy players based on character, compatibility, ability and fitness and not the tried and tested Belgian lap top stats/transfer market method?

Radical.
  • edited June 2016

depends who the 22 are !

At least half with be youngsters
    You been speaking with that Oggy Red? Proper Cornish, boy.
  • An example of how it needs to work could be as follows. KM - Here is George T - he is one of your 22 (25). Slade - No, he is not - I'll have him in my squad if you can't sell him, but he would be additional.

You missed the next bit:

"You're fired".
  • We will do all our business after the euro referendum. No way the managers of Germany and Spain will let us talk to players now.

Fixed for you.
  • I found this interesting. If this has been seen before, (probably has) please hold back your anger.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/startseite/wettbewerb/GB3
  • edited August 2016
    lol transfermarkt - for those that want to make real life like football manager so they can pretend they know about football.
  • Stewart said:

I found this interesting. If this has been seen before, (probably has) please hold back your anger.

Market value of our players, number 1 is Rudd, who's on loan. Then it's Teixeira, who's off, Bauer, Kashi and Diarra, injured, Bergdich, who's being terminated, and Solly, who can't pass a medical.
  • sam3110 said:

Stewart said:

I found this interesting. If this has been seen before, (probably has) please hold back your anger.

Market value of our players, number 1 is Rudd, who's on loan. Then it's Teixeira, who's off, Bauer, Kashi and Diarra, injured, Bergdich, who's being terminated, and Solly, who can't pass a medical.
    That is a very interesting table, and I am impressed at the speed it is updated. You can clearly see from those figures what the plan is, Roland wants to reduce his outgoings.
  • sam3110 said:

Stewart said:

That is a very interesting table, and I am impressed at the speed it is updated. You can clearly see from those figures what the plan is, Roland wants to reduce his outgoings.
    Yes way too much money wasted there for a top six budget target.