Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Let's get real please.

The appointment of Russell Slade is a mega climb-down. BRITiSH, MANAGER, 3YEAR CONTRACT, This represents a recognition of the need to make changes in thinking by the owner, and great work by CARD and others. Now if we want the Club to move forward we all need to take a positive attitude towards the situation. Of course I am aware that more things need to change, but let's show Roland what being proper Charlton really means. He has learned a valuable lesson, now let's open his eyes to more. Forget about Katien, she is ridculously misplaced in her role. Let's get behind Russell and the lads, and would the ' glass half full ' brigade kindly bugger off somewhere else.

Comments

• Granpa said:

The appointment of Russell Slade is a mega climb-down. BRITiSH, MANAGER, 3YEAR CONTRACT, This represents a recognition of the need to make changes in thinking by the owner, and great work by CARD and others. Now if we want the Club to move forward we all need to take a positive attitude towards the situation. Of course I am aware that more things need to change, but let's show Roland what being proper Charlton really means. He has learned a valuable lesson, now let's open his eyes to more. Forget about Katien, she is ridculously misplaced in her role. Let's get behind Russell and the lads, and would the ' glass half full ' brigade kindly bugger off somewhere else.

Buckets of sand to hand
  • I'll reserve judgement on whether the owner really has changed his way of thinking. Slade could very easily another cheap regieme puppet with a different accent.
  • One thing that really bothers me Grandpa. Chris Powell football most respected men leaves the club and is openly critical of things going on there, why would you choose to ignore him and go there?
  • Sponsored links:

• This is a very un-Granpa post.

I agree we need to Support Slade and the Squad.

Meire and Duchatelet do not afford themselves the same courtesy.
  • Moths bring holes in clothes ;).

I am cautiously optimistic. Can't see Roland selling in league 1 so I hope he gives Slade some freedom and some money and we have a good crack at getting rid of Roland as soon as possible.
  • For me the minimum 'changes' were; appoint a British based manager with experience. And get rid of Katrien Miere.

Half way there.
  • Uboat said:

Essex_Al said:

Actually I'm quite pleased that a lot of them aren't going to come to the games next season. At least we can watch a match properly without all the vitriol and do what Charlton supporters do best, get behind the team that we all love!

I thought about responding to this, but on reflection it's obviously a joke and I don't want to get 'whoooooshed'.
    Feel free!
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Essex_Al said:

do what Charlton supporters do best, get behind the team that we all love!

History shows you that what Charlton supporters do best is fight for their club when it's welbeing is in serious jeopardy.

If everyone was as easily bought as you, we'd either be extinct, still at Selhurst or playing 75 miles away as MK Athletic.
    Woooooosh!
  • Let's see what the situation is at the end of September. Still want the Belgians out!!
  • Of course all is not suddenly okay but I am willing to throw my support back behind things and will not be protesting. I will now be renewing my season ticket. I believe it is a short term strategy from RD - one to get us up so he can sell and not make massive losses. However, the way I see it is, if we go up and he doesn't sell but continues then that's fine - I like the academy investment and maybe the realism that that is the future has to be acknowledged - allied to a good football management structure (which has been missing) might just see the whole thing work (regardless of meire's foot in the mouth prem stars of the future stuff - if we have a chance of going up to prem I believe we will go for it but not at all costs - just that she can't articulate herself properly).

The worst case scenario is if we don't go up - he won't sell then and we may end up as this lower league player farm we are all worried about. So on that basis, regardless of whether its seen as supporting 'the enemy' I will be fully behind the team in getting back up next year. Plenty of good derbies as well.
  • Essex_Al said:

Granpa, as you can see from the first few replies, you're wasting your time mate!

They've asked for a British manager (not coach!) - they've got it, and he comes with a three year deal!

But as you've already seen, many on here are not willing to at least be cautiously optimistic in our new man!

Instead, they are already planning to demonstrate at the press announcement!, he will be gone by Christmas!, no chance of making his own signings!, puppet of the regime, and all the other ballshit that goes along with it!

It's a start, let's at least see what the next few moths bring!

Actually I'm quite pleased that a lot of them aren't going to come to the games next season. At least we can watch a match properly without all the vitriol and do what Charlton supporters do best, get behind the team that we all love!

See you at the Valley!

Got to be the most ignorant post so far this summer (apart from a few of mine). By supporting the team you are supporting a regime that has not one iota of benefit to the Charlton Athletic Football Club you say you support. The club is in terminal decline unless there are new owners and the only way that will happen is by stepping up the protests inside the Valley. You can voice your opposition to us there and then if you want.
  • Granpa said:

Thought you were far more intelligent than that @Granpa
  • Russell Slade has my 100% support, as does any team he puts out.

Has anything change at Charlton Athletic with this appointment? I doubt it. If that makes me a glass half full merchant so be it. I prefer to see it as a realistic view based on past form from this regime.

Really hope I am wrong