Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins on his way?

Comments

• Options

Decent manager. Hasn't done all that well since he left Saints but he was fantastic there. He's calm and and if he can have input into signings we could be ok. Depends what the ownership are willing to do really - Adkins got Rickie Lambert for £1m. We can afford that in theory and we spent a lot more on chuff like Naby Sarr so with a bit of freedom he could be great.

You can't really gauge how good a manager will be under this ownership though because there's nothing else like it. It's weird (meaning unique) (meaning shite)

Thought P***ew signed him?
  • Options
    Does anyone know Richard Cawley and asked him where his information comes from?
  • Options

Still 12/1 on BetVivtor if anyone fancies a punt

Down to 6/1 now.

Power of Charlton Life
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

If it happens, i will be pleased. He did a good job at Scunthorpe and Southampton. It didn't work out for him at Sheffield United, but these things happen. He will be an improvement on Luzon, Peeters, Fraeye and Riga. What he desperately needs is a good assistant, decent players, no interference from RD or Meire, good Chief Scout, good Director of Football. All i have got to say is GOOD LUCK.

So that's 0 out of 5...
  • Options
    Wasn't there a video clip of Meire during the Peeters/Luzon area where she can be heard saying to someone "he has to play on Saturday'?
  • Options

Down to 6/1 now.

Power of Charlton Life
    Personally, I think you can discount anyone listed presently in the next Charlton manager odds list. Bookies not that dumb. So who does that leave?
  • Options

Down to 6/1 now.

Power of Charlton Life
    Personally, I think you can discount anyone listed presently in the next Charlton manager odds list. Bookies not that dumb. So who does that leave?
    The clown we were always going to appoint Nobby Vinegar strokes.
  • Options
    Nobby Vinegar will NOT be joining.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be good but would be over the moon if it was Warnock
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Wasn't there a video clip of Meire during the Peeters/Luzon area where she can be heard saying to someone "he has to play on Saturday'?

She was talking about the Crossbars DJ
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

If it happens, i will be pleased. He did a good job at Scunthorpe and Southampton. It didn't work out for him at Sheffield United, but these things happen. He will be an improvement on Luzon, Peeters, Fraeye and Riga. What he desperately needs is a good assistant, decent players, no interference from RD or Meire, good Chief Scout, good Director of Football. All i have got to say is GOOD LUCK.

How will it be an improvement? He will still be working for the same wankers who were in charge when the others were appointed. And he will still have the same, if not weaker squad the others couldn't get a result out of!

He may be British, but if every player we end up with is from fucking Belgian, Hungary, Germany or wherever, his Britishness will count for very little.

Underwhelmed to say the least. If we have to have another 'yes man' at least make it one who has a fucking personality.....

Rant over.
  • Options
    Whoever we get will probably go down in my estimation. Not going to get anything but a lackey unless they are going to get a 'big' name manager, someone with the air and presence of an Allardyce - and face it, that's never happening. I still reckon it'll be welcome Nobby Vinegar, and he certainly won't be welcome!
  • Options
    Its strange....we moan that we haven't appointed an English manager and when we MAY appoint one, its still not good enough, this isn't support for regime as i would love to see them go but we gotta get behind who ever comes in instead of putting them down because Meire & Duchatelet hired them.
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins now 2/1 with bet victor
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    Next Permanent Manager Caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager

Steve Cotterill 7/2
    Nebojsa Vignjevic 7/2
    Nigel Adkins 5/1
    Uwe Rosler 8/1
    Keith Hill 9/1
    Simon Clark 12/1
    Dougie Freedman 12/1
    Sean O'Driscoll 14/1
    Steve Davis (Current Crewe manager) 14/1
    Paul Lambert 14/1
    Chris Powell 16/1
    Jason Euell 16/1
    Juan Ramon Lopez Muniz 16/1
    Neal Ardley 16/1
    Chris O'Loughlin 16/1
    Kit Symons 18/1
    Malky Mackay 20/1
    Gary Johnson 20/1
    Alan Curbishley 25/1
    Michael Appleton 25/1
    Steve Evans 25/1
  • Options
    Can't see it being any of those but if I had to have a punt at one I'd go Gary Johnson
  • Options
    Problem is no matter who is appointed unless he's given control over transfers and team selection we are all wasting our time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016

Its strange....we moan that we haven't appointed an English manager and when we MAY appoint one, its still not good enough, this isn't support for regime as i would love to see them go but we gotta get behind who ever comes in instead of putting them down because Meire & Duchatelet hired them.

Precisely. Too many people on here can't see the wood for the trees.
  • Options
    Mentioned him the other day as someone we should try to go for and after seeing the gutsy subs that Neal Ardley made last night, I'd really like to see us give him a shot!!
  • Options
    I'd welcome the appointment of Adkins BUT will they give him the tools and authority required to manage effectively?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Adkins as short as 2/1 now.

Edit - didn't see earlier post
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Addicted said:

Dazzler21 said:

Christ, it must be sunny in Sheffield
    Blue tie... Means he was at Reading for that pic not Sheffield United!!
  • Options
    Looks like he has a screw loose
  • Options

I'd welcome the appointment of Adkins BUT will they give him the tools and authority required to manage effectively?

If they don't, then whoever they appoint can only work with what he's given but as fans we cant give a manager shit because the people running the show are pricks!
  • Options

Addicted said:

Dazzler21 said:

Either way he's like rich mahogany
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Addicted said:

Dazzler21 said:

Either way he's like rich mahogany
    lol!... Damnit... My attempts at a Double Whoosh must wait a little longer :(