Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins on his way?

Comments

• Options

Why so negative. If someone of the like of Adkins joins, surely he will not do so unless he has control over signings. Impossible job otherwise and he wouldn't want to taint his cv

agreed ... but we all know that Roland cant help but micro-manage .. so no manager can succeed under those conditions
  • Options
    Would prefer Cotterill but assume Adkins is happy to work with a DOF as he did at Soton.
  • Options
    it will not happen, more false news from the club so they can say they tried for an experienced league manager and failed, so they can get the Serb who will do what he is told or loose his job.
  • Options
    It does not matter who will be manager all the time these lot are in charge
  • Options
    Given our (un)fitness record, hiring a former physio might be a great idea
  • Options
    I'd have taken Adkins over wilder... Would be a wry good appointment
  • Options
    Agreed, Adkins is best we can hope for. Let's hope that he doesn't read this forum!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Jodaius said:

Here we go again.

I'll take bets on what page it all falls through on.

It will all go swimmingly until Roland refuses to put in writing that Nigel has complete control of footballing affairs

This pattern will continue until July mid-August when KM releases a statement that after an exhaustive search, Simon Clark Nebosja Vignjevic has the trust and faith of the players, is well respected, knows what Charlton are about and is the right man interim for the job.....
    Fixed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we get him I'd be happy. Felt he was hard done by at Southampton (but it paid off for them). And at least he'd be a manager we have all heard of before with a tested track record at this level and higher up too.

So not expecting this to happen now.
  • Options
    I'm more concerned how people at the match may treat our very own Adkins lookalike @Latimer
  • Options
    Saints fan tells me he had no plan B but would be good for us in L1
  • Options
    He had an OK spell at reading and knows the English leagues well. A definite step forward in the right direction.

Question is, does he use a sun bed?
  • Options
    Adkins might not get us promoted but dont see us struggling under him...

Chris Wilder on the other hand could have been the better appointment but would have been more risky
  • Options
    Didn't Adkins upset the fans/media guys at cafc?
  • Options
    I haven't got a problem with his appointment, as long as he has control to be honest!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Nothing to get excited about, we could do worse, sure he is a step up from all the no marks but he has not really impressed since leaving Southampton where he had serious money to spend and some incredible talents in his squad for that level.

• Options
    Still 12/1 on BetVivtor if anyone fancies a punt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Didn't like what I was told about Adkins a while back by someone very much in the know at Southampton. Basically that he wasn't prepared to put the hours in.

Yet his record at Southampton was pretty bloody good by all accounts!
  • Options

Still 12/1 on BetVivtor if anyone fancies a punt

Had a £10 wager - worth a punt.

• Options

buckshee said:

It does not matter who will be manager all the time these lot are in charge

IKWYM, but I think it does matter. If it didn't matter why did we want rid of Fraeye ?

If it doesn't matter why not get in another crap Belgium ?

It matters to me.
    Spot on. Think I'd rather have a shit English manager that a shit Belgian one.

They are only looking to appoint an English manager so when he fails they can make some kind of sarcastic comment towards the fans.

They will never ever grasp the concept that they are the problem. They could appoint Mourinho for all I care - still would want them to piss off to the land of waffles and Stella. Wankers.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Not thrilled but we wanted someone with experience and he has that, just wary of managers who appear to be dropping down the leagues based on success a while ago now. At least I trust him to make (or suggest...) better signings than we would have done otherwise.
  • Options
    He's shite
  • Options

He's shite

Dont hold back...what do you really think?