Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mail: Wilder wanted written guarantees, Charlton tore up contract

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

Katrien's lawyers have already sent us a letter promising a thorough investigation and threatening legal action for the criminal defacement of Wikipedia.

Thought she was a lawyer? Can't she even do what she is supposedly good at? :wink:
  • Options
    Gene clearly wanted Blades job & used us as the bait to ensure Sheff U raised their game & did the deal.
  • Options

Gene clearly wanted Blades job & used us as the bait to ensure Sheff U raised their game & did the deal.

Guess we'll never know.
  • Options
    TeslaGirl said:

Got a Twitter link to the CAFC wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Athletic_F.C.) - I don't know who's filled in the name of our new manager, but made me laugh anyway!

Checked that out, the truth is out at last. Some of you lot might start believing our beloved leader when she says every managerial change has been an improvement. Unless I'm getting mixed up with one of last season's players, Faken Yooseless.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2016
    TeslaGirl said:

Got a Twitter link to the CAFC wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Athletic_F.C.) - I don't know who's filled in the name of our new manager, but made me laugh anyway!

Just checked the Charlton Wikipedia page for staff - Lee Turner, goalkeeper coach - hyperlink links to Female American Country -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leah_Turner
  • Options
    Someone's changed it from Faken No Wan to Papa John... First one funnier, IMO...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now says "vacant". Looks like we have a new game for the summer.
  • Options
    Carol Fry was pretty vacant.
  • Options
    redman said:

Guess we'll never know.
    Yes we do know. This is not the case. He wanted to move back south and wanted the Charlton job but pulled out when RD would not put assurances in his contract. I have spoken to a personal freind of Chris Wilder who told me this.

A source close to Wilder said...
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

He did not want move south because he would have had to up root his family and kids from the school in Sheffield . The fact that Charlton offered to up his salary 4 fold the decsion was a simple one that is why he had a gentlemen agreement with the club that he would take over ,and the press conference was arranged then in come Sheff and the rest is history, Wilder went missing to talk to Sheff hoping he could get Charlton to hold on for another 24 hours but Charlton found out and cancelled agreed contract

He had full running of the club with his own back room staff and players

Source GK coach at the club

Simple he put his family first over money .......

Game Keeper at the training ground? Is it Derek?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

He did not want move south because he would have had to up root his family and kids from the school in Sheffield . The fact that Charlton offered to up his salary 4 fold the decsion was a simple one that is why he had a gentlemen agreement with the club that he would take over ,and the press conference was arranged then in come Sheff and the rest is history, Wilder went missing to talk to Sheff hoping he could get Charlton to hold on for another 24 hours but Charlton found out and cancelled agreed contract

You can tell when Colin is getting upset when he tells us who his source is ; - )

Nice that the club can now know who's leaking stuff to Colin
  • Options
    Didnt know that Katerien was GK coach as well....not surprised though.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

And possibly didn't believe a word the F***wits running this club said.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

redman said:

Guess we'll never know.
    Yes we do know. This is not the case. He wanted to move back south and wanted the Charlton job but pulled out when RD would not put assurances in his contract. I have spoken to a personal freind of Chris Wilder who told me this.

This is also backed up by people within the club. There should be no doubt about why the move collapsed. The Mail story is accurate.
    For what it is worth, this is the same as my non Charlton supporting friend who is on friendly terms with a number of Charlton staff from the times he has worked with the club says too.

He passes on any good gossip he is told for the promise of free pints from me as payment whenever I am in London. :-)

We had already dropped the ball by failing to put promises in writing by the time Sheffield United made a serious move.

Now we wait for plan b if it even exists.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And Asst Head Coach - Does It Matter? ;-)
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

No one will want the job now. I think my nobby vinegar bet is in the bag!

Okay, late as usual,
    "Nobby Vinegar" ?
    Who He ?
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Think I would rather believe the more rational explanations coming from the Wilder camp.

1. If he did not want to live in London why did he even go to Belgium to talk to the owner?
    2. Only took a few hours for agreement with Sheff to be reached, why more than a week for Charlton?
    3. Wilder was already attracting media attention as a manager going places. Why would you be so arrogant as to think there was no need for urgency? The squirrel didn't have authority to agree the wording of the agreement, so RD should have been here in person to finalise everything.
    4. A written document probably existed which at best was a "Heads of Agreement" or skeleton agreement, subject to detailed contract. This is not a gentlemen agreement.
    5. You only have a gentlemen agreement if it is purely a verbal understanding and if both parties believe each other to be a gentleman,
    6. You can't cancel an agreement that doesn't exist on the grounds that the other party has pulled out of further discussions, that's the prerogative of either party. It's called negotiations.
    7. If RD and KM hadn't got through 6 managers and shown a complete lack of nouse and integrity, Wilder would not have been so circumspect, and so contributed to the delay.
    8. Typical to leak excuses that seek to blame Wilder rather than acknowledge a failure of professionalism and another mistake on the part of an incompetent CEO
    You realise you're trying to reason with someone who thinks the regime are good for Charlton, right?
  • Options
    Sheff U, bottom after 4 games and 1 point.