Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mail: Wilder wanted written guarantees, Charlton tore up contract

Comments

• Options
    zzz slagging the mail hate her
  • Options
    This story comes from a very trustworthy source, it's what happened.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    If Katrien is telling the truth regarding Wilder, then publish the written agreement concluded without the monetary terms or contract length.
    That way we will know what is on offer for any future manager.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

rikofold said:

colin1961 said:

Not sure there's actually any truth in the Mail's story there. But shows how the club are viewed externally - people will believe that #cafc

Louis Mendez

Colin, can I ask you a question - do you genuinely think Duchatelet and Meire have been good for Charlton?
    He'll not answer the question.
    But at the moment they are all we have as no one else despite a lot of chat have come forward , if they do and have the backing to take the club forward then fine I will welcome them

Three have come forward that we are aware of (and according to Katrien in the filmed fans forum, they are approached all the time - or are you suggesting that Katrien lies?) but the owner refuses to discuss selling with them.

That's not the behaviour of someone who has the best interests of the club at heart.

• Options
    Interesting comment from blade fan. I thought Operation Pig was the only local up there who liked us.
  • Options
    Whilst km is a horrific, pustulous symptom, Rd is clearly the cancerous cause
  • Options
    Love this. It's a tough decision from many on here to decide what they dislike more, Katrien Meire or the daily mail. If this was in the guardian it would be great footballing journalism
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Love this. It's a tough decision from many on here to decide what they dislike more, Katrien Meire or the daily mail. If this was in the guardian it would be great footballing journalism

Not tough at all.

Much as I think Roland and KM would mess any manager about I think once Sheff utd showed interest we were going to be 2nd choice.

That doesn't mean that the Mail story isn't true.

Large was saying it had collapsed over the previous weekend.

Then again the public announcement came after that and Henry the Cat said that the club were very confident is was happening as late as Tuesday so maybe Charlton changed their mind and backed down on the re-assurencea.

Bottom line is we don't have a manager.

• Options
    Bit not having a manager is fine because Katrien Meire, incompetent as CEO, is also director of football and Roland Duchatelet is chief scout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why would anyone now doubt the situation ?

Eynsfordaddick is a trusted supporter and I have NO doubt that what she has shared with us is the truth.

Forget about other clubs' interest , inc Sheffield Utd.

As I wrote the other day - merely a red herring.

Katrien Meire & Roland Duchatelet do NOT tell the truth !

It's desperation, @Fanny Fanackapan . Any crumb of comfort that she can find has to be exploited to the full. Is Belgian racist? Did CW run off to Sheff U?....it shows that CARD must keep the moral high ground but, above all, it shows a desperate and incompetent CEO - not that I am the first or last to say that.
  • Options

Eynsfordaddick is a trusted supporter and I have NO doubt that what she has shared with us is the truth.

It's desperation, @Fanny Fanackapan . Any crumb of comfort that she can find has to be exploited to the full. Is Belgian racist? Did CW run off to Sheff U?....it shows that CARD must keep the moral high ground but, above all, it shows a desperate and incompetent CEO - not that I am the first or last to say that.
    Indeed, thai Malaysia addick.

But my point was to question why anyone on this forum would query the Mail's article now that one of our very own has confirmed they were indeed correct after all ...

• Options

Indeed, thai Malaysia addick.

But my point was to question why anyone on this forum would query the Mail's article now that one of our very own has confirmed they were indeed correct after all ...

Perhaps, I should have read your post more carefully before posting. It is a few beers past 11pm here in Thailand.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Katrien; There is of course still the Zippy option??

Zippy, assisted by George the pink hippo, with Bungle as CEO and Rod, Jane and Freddy playing loud in crossbars!

They are cheap and puppets and almost certainly better than you!

We already have Bungle as CEO.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

rikofold said:

colin1961 said:

Not sure there's actually any truth in the Mail's story there. But shows how the club are viewed externally - people will believe that #cafc

Louis Mendez

Colin, can I ask you a question - do you genuinely think Duchatelet and Meire have been good for Charlton?
    Well they not bankrupt us unlike Hulyer TJ and Slater and they not moved us out the valley to another ground like Gilksten and Fryer .....
    They not sold players behind the managers back or brought players without relegation release clauses in them ...which again put the club on the brink of disaster ...like our friend Murray . But at the moment they are all we have as no one else despite a lot of chat have come forward , if they do and have the backing to take the club forward then fine I will welcome them with open arms.

* But I would rather have a club to support with RD in charge then not have a club at all ......

One thing for sure this club has been in darker and more serious situations then we are in now ... We will bounce back ........

I'm feeling quite tense, at the lack of tense...

* Feel free to pick any of the other network clubs, preferably Ujpest.

PS. I'd be prepared to bet no-one has ever signed a player with a "relegation release clause in them" either, sounds painful to me.
    Good post tbf.

And, yes, I believe relegation release clauses are in contracts, usually at the request of the player or manager. Rafa has one in his Newcastle contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jamescafc said:

colin1961 said:

rikofold said:

colin1961 said:

Louis Mendez

Well they not bankrupt us unlike Hulyer TJ and Slater and they not moved us out the valley to another ground like Gilksten and Fryer .....
    They not sold players behind the managers back or brought players without relegation release clauses in them ...which again put the club on the brink of disaster ...like our friend Murray . But at the moment they are all we have as no one else despite a lot of chat have come forward , if they do and have the backing to take the club forward then fine I will welcome them with open arms.

* But I would rather have a club to support with RD in charge then not have a club at all ......

One thing for sure this club has been in darker and more serious situations then we are in now ... We will bounce back ........

I'm feeling quite tense, at the lack of tense...

* Feel free to pick any of the other network clubs, preferably Ujpest.

PS. I'd be prepared to bet no-one has ever signed a player with a "relegation release clause in them" either, sounds painful to me.
    Good post tbf.

And, yes, I believe relegation release clauses are in contracts, usually at the request of the player or manager. Rafa has one in his Newcastle contract.
    It was the lack of the word contract in the original post that was getting my goat... It read as if a clause would be in the player.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

sm said:

Note how quickly Sheffield United got Wilder signed up - that is another difference between having an competent CEO and the other kind.

Controversially, the Sheffield United board decide to allow the manager to pick the side and have a major say in player recruiitment / sales. I mean, what kind of way is that to run a football club?
    Ridiculous, no chance of success with that approach.
  • Options
    Now, just maybe, Sheffield United will come good.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Did you mean to imply that The Daily Mail is unfairly maligned?
  • Options
    Haha. Wouldn't say there is a difficulty there. Daily Mail is mostly bollocks but deliberately so. They are pretty competent within the boundaries they set themselves.

Katrien Meire the CEO of Charlton Athletic is incompetent. On no measure that is set by the club, herself, or the fans has she been anything better than a 2 (from 10) and I am struggling to recall how I even came up with a 2.
  • Options

Haha. Wouldn't say there is a difficulty there. Daily Mail is mostly bollocks but deliberately so. They are pretty competent within the boundaries they set themselves.

Katrien Meire the CEO of Charlton Athletic is incompetent. On no measure that is set by the club, herself, or the fans has she been anything better than a 2 (from 10) and I am struggling to recall how I even came up with a 2.

Exactly. The Fail is cynically exploiting those that enjoy being outraged and like a very decent general knowledge crossword on Sunday. Katrien is basically Dougal from Father Ted.
  • Options
    Anyone seen a statement from the man on this?

Something along the::" I knew about the troubles at the club and the fans frustrations but thought it only fair that I go and meet with the powers that be.

On conclusion,I think the fans are 100% justified in there actions to date"

would be good!