Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meire At Telegraph Event - Business Of Sport

Comments

• Options
    - She couldn't remember her remarks that were picked up by The Guardian..

What, 2 hours previous? Is she drunk?

Only other thing I can pick up from that LR is the player budget will be similar to the last League One campaign, one where we were run by 2 cowboys who had no money..
  • Options
    Would be great to see the video if possible!

Interesting she said "Wilder was told he would have full control" as that's what we understand but we also understand that they refused to put it in writing on the contract.
  • Options

Only other thing I can pick up from that LR is the player budget will be similar to the last League One campaign, one where we were run by 2 cowboys who had no money..

This as well.

I think they're vastly underestimating how good the job SCP did was. Next season will be fun...
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

LuckyReds said:

kentred2 said:

LuckyReds said:

Ok. Im currently in Aldgate and will post a few of the key points.

Top marks for the guy on Twitter, he was very diplomatic, came across very well and the way he asked questions seemed to allow her to let her guard down. Originally speaking to him it became clear how frustrated he was with the ownership and I was worried he wouldn't let her talk. He played it brilliantly and his demeanour allowed her to say quite alot whilst clearly thinking about the current mess.

I watched most of it and in the end said I agreed with his sentiments and was pleasantly surprised by her willingness to talk.

I did film it but think the audio is screwed by the road. But when I watch it back - all 18 mins - I'll see whats in there.

- She was quite guarded at first, made eye contact through the windows and clearly knew why we were there. This evaporated pretty quickly.

- There was another delegate loitering around who eventually came over to check on her, she laughed it off and he went on his way. A bit peculiar but I think that says a lot about what she may have been saying inside: I think the contrast between her words and the sight of two fans outside politely asking questions would've raised a few questions by other attendees.

- She's off to interview a candidate for the Chief Scout position. She understands how understaffed the club is right now, and was hoping that an announcement about Wilder would've signalled intent.

- Wilder was told he would have full control, but she feels the approach by SUFC was an offer he couldn't ignore, as he is a genuine fan of the club.

- She wants more dialog with a cross section of fans: not just CAST, Target20k and the Fans Forum. We will see if actions happen there, but she wants a more friendly audience to allow that. This was mentioned as apparently Brighton have monthly meetings with the fans.

- This dialog is required as there are no intentions to sell the club, so we all need to work together.

- She understands that The Fan's Sofa didn't work out as intended. However she thinks that those kind of initiatives need to be tested in case they do work. It was pointed out that some of her ideas would work a lot better if the club was being ran with some success on the pitch.

- She hopes that a strong start next season will allow any other initiatives to be a success.

- I'm coming in as the new manager, and will facilitate this success.

- They had expected the Season Ticket sales to be hit: so possible incentives may be bought in. However it was pointed out that actions would be required for some fans to buy an ST, and furthermore some fans simply wont buy until she and Roland have gone.

- She couldn't remember her remarks that were picked up by The Guardian, but felt she had to speak out when Charlton was mentioned regarding poor governance.

- Player budget will be similar to the last League One campaign

- She doesn't understand the Solly and Henderson rumours but didn't want to say too much as it wouldn't be right. She actually stopped herself continuing once or twice.

Those are the primary points of what she said.

My feelings are that shes clearly a good communicator in small groups and I'm unsurprised that she can win people over.

She says all the right things and appears to speak all the common party lines. Without action they are still simply platitudes.

I've made my views on the woman quite clear before, but must say it was a pleasant surprise to see her open to discussions. I'd like to think that the attendees who heard her comments who also saw us chatting will have a clearer picture of how the majority of fans treat her: without abuse.

So you got fed a load of shitty shit
    Which I knew.

But I wasn't aware of the extent of what she said inside. She downplayed that incredibly severely. Stunned.
    Compares fans to racists and that they need to be educated to a large audience and then goes and grins and charms her way through a meeting with fans straight after. Two-faced and cowardly.
    Mmm true to form though
  • Options
    She paid you lip service.
  • Options
    Two faced, big nosed cow
  • Options

This as well.

I think they're vastly underestimating how good the job SCP did was. Next season will be fun...
    They think the money used was probably a lot, hence why she is saying it somewhat proudly and so early, a) this was years ago, the quality of L1 is ever improving and prices are ever inflating for quality and b) as you say, CP done a magnificent job with a great squad of players playing for the shirt and
  • Options
    Well she will now need to go and contact Google again to have more articles removed from the search history.

Guardian and telegraph articles come up now after it was scrubbed yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well she will now need to go and contact Google again to have more articles removed from the search history.

Yup, within 24 hours she's completely screwed it up again ...and I think the real shitstorm has not yet started,
  • Options
    She was told the sofa was a bad idea many times but she kept it going all seasons because by removing it, it would make it look like she made a mistake.

Pure lip service, and she will now declare that she talks to the fans
  • Options
    She is Jekyll and Hyde that woman. You read Lucky Reds comments from her and then read the South London Press. Barmy
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Ok. Im currently in Aldgate and will post a few of the key points.

Top marks for the guy on Twitter, he was very diplomatic, came across very well and the way he asked questions seemed to allow her to let her guard down. Originally speaking to him it became clear how frustrated he was with the ownership and I was worried he wouldn't let her talk. He played it brilliantly and his demeanour allowed her to say quite alot whilst clearly thinking about the current mess.

I watched most of it and in the end said I agreed with his sentiments and was pleasantly surprised by her willingness to talk.

I did film it but think the audio is screwed by the road. But when I watch it back - all 18 mins - I'll see whats in there.

- She was quite guarded at first, made eye contact through the windows and clearly knew why we were there. This evaporated pretty quickly.

- There was another delegate loitering around who eventually came over to check on her, she laughed it off and he went on his way. A bit peculiar but I think that says a lot about what she may have been saying inside: I think the contrast between her words and the sight of two fans outside politely asking questions would've raised a few questions by other attendees.

- She's off to interview a candidate for the Chief Scout position. She understands how understaffed the club is right now, and was hoping that an announcement about Wilder would've signalled intent.

- Wilder was told he would have full control, but she feels the approach by SUFC was an offer he couldn't ignore, as he is a genuine fan of the club.

- She wants more dialog with a cross section of fans: not just CAST, Target20k and the Fans Forum. We will see if actions happen there, but she wants a more friendly audience to allow that. This was mentioned as apparently Brighton have monthly meetings with the fans.

- This dialog is required as there are no intentions to sell the club, so we all need to work together.

- She understands that The Fan's Sofa didn't work out as intended. However she thinks that those kind of initiatives need to be tested in case they do work. It was pointed out that some of her ideas would work a lot better if the club was being ran with some success on the pitch.

- She hopes that a strong start next season will allow any other initiatives to be a success.

- I'm coming in as the new manager, and will facilitate this success.

- They had expected the Season Ticket sales to be hit: so possible incentives may be bought in. However it was pointed out that actions would be required for some fans to buy an ST, and furthermore some fans simply wont buy until she and Roland have gone.

- She couldn't remember her remarks that were picked up by The Guardian, but felt she had to speak out when Charlton was mentioned regarding poor governance.

- Player budget will be similar to the last League One campaign

- She doesn't understand the Solly and Henderson rumours but didn't want to say too much as it wouldn't be right. She actually stopped herself continuing once or twice.

Those are the primary points of what she said.

My feelings are that shes clearly a good communicator in small groups and I'm unsurprised that she can win people over.

She says all the right things and appears to speak all the common party lines. Without action they are still simply platitudes.

I've made my views on the woman quite clear before, but must say it was a pleasant surprise to see her open to discussions. I'd like to think that the attendees who heard her comments who also saw us chatting will have a clearer picture of how the majority of fans treat her: without abuse.

Well, I have to take your words/commentary as gospel, and if that's the case then the club is f****ed because she & rat will never go. More to the point, it will never be anything until they're gone. I'm afraid that if she & rat hadn't lied so much in the past they wouldn't be open to abuse now and the bridges are well and truly burned. The day she realises that, and leaves, so much the better. I can't have any sympathy with her, and she is probably the most obvious obstruction to the club suceeding in the future - and that is her fault, however much PR gloss she wants to spin
  • Options

Nice one Lucky Reds

I'm coming in as the new manager, and will facilitate this success.

May I be the first one to say I spotted your little joke. Always assuming Squirrel Face didn't get even more confused than usual and actually did offer you the job!

Yes I liked that too and another thread pointed out that Skybet had suspended betting shortly after your meeting with her. 'Shoo-in' I assumed.

You first name isn't Nobby is it?
  • Options
    Thanks LR for posting that.
    My overwhelming feeling having read it is that we are fucked.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

How the hell can a woman like her conduct an interview for a Head Scout position?!

Are you cheap? You've got the job.
  • Options
    She keeps saying she wants to meet with fans but not the organised groups but then doesn't.

I think she will be as shocked as Lucky Reds when she reads the SLP story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

She keeps saying she wants to meet with fans but not the organised groups but then doesn't.

I think she will be as shocked as Lucky Reds when she reads the SLP story.

Let's hope so
  • Options
    I guess this confirms who gave the blue bibbed stewards their instructions.
  • Options
    See Katrien we are laughing at you on an online forum again!!!

I remember Powell saying we only paid fees for two of the 15? In comings that year. Wiggins and one other. I can't think that the combined fees for anyone two players that came in would be more than 600k. So that must be our budget for next year. Great!
  • Options

Is this true? Did she do that?

Guessing this has been posted elsewhere and I have missed it.
  • Options

I remember Powell saying we only paid fees for two of the 15? In comings that year. Wiggins and one other. I can't think that the combined fees for anyone two players that came in would be more than 600k. So that must be our budget for next year. Great!
    Stephens was the other.
  • Options

She's there as an audience member so must be paying.

How many STs to pay for this self-promotion.

With luck she handed out her CV to anyone who will take one.

Feel pleased I haven't renewed my season tickets to pay for this tosh.
  • Options

Plus we've had four years of footballers' wage inflation since.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Talal said:

Would be so funny if she was inside reading this thread on her phone thinking 'shit'.

Turns out she wasn't thinking "shit", she was saying it repeatedly...