Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meire At Telegraph Event - Business Of Sport

Comments

• Options
    I think the comment about "educating the fans" in a paragraph that appears to compare racist chants with our protests is breathtaking.
    She should go for that alone.
    That is unbelievable.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

I love that she said 'shitty' and 'shit' :0)

You know what you are,
    You know what you are,
    Katrien Meire,
    You know what you are.
  • Options
    “We spend £30m in less than two years of ownership. And yes, we got it wrong with the managers and the players, but that happens, that’s why clubs get relegated, that doesn’t mean that everything else is shit."

That's because you bought the club then run it at a loss! Getting players and managers right is all the job is about ffs
  • Options
    " And yes, we got it wrong with the managers and the players, but that happens, that’s why clubs get relegated..."

Yes... but that's the point we're making Kat. You haven't got a fucking clue...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HI KAT!!!!!
  • Options
    “They forged my autograph (signature), they showed up, for example - it’s not a criminal offence OK, is it criminal or not - make your mind up! - but at my parents’ house in Belgium. They rang, they gave papers, but it’s not that, it’s just in general... to ask if they know me, and they handed out papers to say how shitty I was, to my parents. 'Shitty'? Is this how a CEO talks (an then she goes on to talk about bad language!)

“Yeah (I want to stay). The thing is, I know what they’re trying to do, to break me down, but what I’m most frustrated at is the perception. We’ve got the most affordable season tickets, we invest in our community, we invest in our academy. Yeah, the matchday experience with restricted view seats. And her 'community' is back in Belgium.

“We spend £30m in less than two years of ownership loans to strapondicks. And yes, we got it wrong with the managers and the players, but that happens, that’s why clubs get relegated, that doesn’t mean that everything else is shit. What the f**k is she talking about... everything else is shit? What kind of dialogue is this from a solicitor/CEO? Wht kind of attitude? What would she say defending a guy on death row? 'Yeah well, you're gonna get electricuted and die, but not everything else is shit. You get a burger before you die'

“It’s fine, but it’s things that shouldn’t happen, according to me. Yeah, according to YOU!

“To make me resign as a director at company’s house [fraudulently removed as a director]. They were making fun of it on an online forum. We make fun of you all the time because you are your own worst enemy every time you open your mouth.

“Me and the owner. It’s fine, I even understand that it’s part of the role that I play, but I feel frustrated by the fact that media reports, all these kind of things - there is so much abusive language now at The Valley - and that’s not part of football. It’s in their interests to try not to have this time of behaviour because now mums with kids won’t come to the games. The chants that are going around, it’s not promoting the sport, and the governing bodies have an interest in trying to stop that. Governing bodies have an interest in stopping asset stripping owners. Anyway, if you're a nun, don't go to a football match - there's other entertainment.

“Just like when I started supporting football 15 years ago. Whenever there was a black player they would make noises. That has evolved, why can we not also educate fans towards respect of everybody in the game? Why bring race into it? WTF? Stop trying to play the anti-feminist card - you're incompetent - fuck off - man or woman, fuck off.

“I know it’s that passion that sometimes makes football so great, but…" You are useless, so fuck off
  • Options
    Dear oh dear - did @LuckyReds have an even bigger shovel ready to give her?
  • Options
    Swearing is not part of football - you only hear it at the Valley! We've apparently scared off lots of fans with the chanting.
    I hope the authorities do crack down on Charlton's terrible supporters who have unjustly criticised the CEO and the owner.
    She is truly bonkers!
  • Options
    Taxi for Katrien.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Pedro45 said:

Here's what she said in full -

“For the last couple of months, I’ve had extreme abuse, I’ve had criminal offences committed against myself, and I’m disappointed about governance in sport, that none of the governing bodies contacted me and stood up for the fact that things are not allowed, that’s one step too far.

“I also ask the governing bodies in this country, that sometimes some of the fans have crossed the line, very far, and this is just acceptable. It’s been reported by the media as it’s normal and it’s actually not, and the governing bodies have a responsibility to make people aware that that is not what sport is about.

“They forged my autograph (signature), they showed up, for example - it’s not a criminal offence - but at my parents’ house in Belgium. They rang, they gave papers, but it’s not that, it’s just in general... to ask if they know me, and they handed out papers to say how shitty I was, to my parents.

“To my parents, and they hang it up in my village.

“Yeah (I want to stay). The thing is, I know what they’re trying to do, to break me down, but what I’m most frustrated at is the perception. We’ve got the most affordable season tickets, we invest in our community, we invest in our academy.

“We spend £30m in less than two years of ownership. And yes, we got it wrong with the managers and the players, but that happens, that’s why clubs get relegated, that doesn’t mean that everything else is shit.

“It’s fine, but it’s things that shouldn’t happen, according to me.

“To make me resign as a director at company’s house [fraudulently removed as a director]. They were making fun of it on an online forum.

“Me and the owner. It’s fine, I even understand that it’s part of the role that I play, but I feel frustrated by the fact that media reports, all these kind of things - there is so much abusive language now at The Valley - and that’s not part of football. It’s in their interests to try not to have this time [type] of behaviour because now mums with kids won’t come to the games. The chants that are going around, it’s not promoting the sport, and the governing bodies have an interest in trying to stop that.

“Just like when I started supporting football 15 years ago. Whenever there was a black player they would make noises. That has evolved, why can we not also educate fans towards respect of everybody in the game?

“I know it’s that passion that sometimes makes football so great, but…"

So nothing about being crap at you job; lying on several occasions; alienating fans; dissing the history of the club; not having any staff left, or that you won't let the manager/coach pick the team, but....

So what happened to cut her off at 'but...' ?? Did Olly wrestle her to the ground to shut her up?! Did Rich Cawley drop his dictaphone in sheer astonishment at the rambling stupidity of it all?
    A hole opened in the ground and they had to get out of the way of a Vauxhall Zafira.
  • Options
    “Just like when I started supporting football 15 years ago. Whenever there was a black player they would make noises. That has evolved, why can we not also educate fans towards respect of everybody in the game?."

So is she is accusing Charlton customers or all football customers of all being racists in 2001?
  • Options
    3blokes said:

I think the comment about "educating the fans" in a paragraph that appears to compare racist chants with our protests is breathtaking.
    She should go for that alone.
    That is unbelievable.

I thought that. What a snivelling, deluded attitude
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Toys..... out of the pram.. thrown!
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic, the club, the supporters and the community has been at the forefront for decades of challenging racism in football. Yet, now, we're being compared to racist fans of the past because we're vociferous against the way you and your cronies are systematically destroying our football club.

These are off the cuff remarks she wouldn't realise would be published. She really, actually, believes that.
  • Options
    What amazes me is she still doesn't know why we are protesting.

Just Do One .
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahjahahahaha... Brilliant. She's going to snap and leave soon. We're so close, let's up the ante
  • Options
    And this Daisy is why you are told not to speak to the media. Because from day one, your view of the fans has shone through - you seem to be completely unable to speak to the press without slagging us off.

If you are so insistent on staying then at least you should be looking for ways to make progress rather than drawing new battle lines.

As for mothers not wanting to come to The Valley, thanks in no small part to you, no-one wants to come to The Valley, including fans like myself that had never dreamt that this would be the case.

I do think that the visit to her parents house was wrong (though STTV was a perfectly legitimate venue to protest) and the personal abuse is wrong too but what does she hope to gain by playing the victim card again? Does she really think that dragging the reputation of Charlton fans through the mud is going to endear her to them? Or getting them buying season tickets again? Once more, she thinks of herself only to the detriment of the club.
  • Options

If she has been subject to criminal acts then she should report them to the police and let them do their job. If not then don't besmirch the good name of CAFC fans in public. Acts like hanging a flag above her head or chanting 'liar liar' are not criminal acts. Get used to it you daft bint as there is more to come. Better still go home to Belgium.

How do we call her out on this publicly? Accusing the fan base of criminal acts is out of order when she cannot back it up.

The company house issue does not warrant such an attack on us.

This must be countered with our own press release ... CARD?
  • Options
    She is so inept it's a joke... Can't even keep her mouth shut when she's been told to, MASSIVE own goal here