Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club is now essentially worthless

124»

Comments

• LenGlover said:

For me The Valley is Charlton.

But as a sixty plus male fourth generation fan my opinion is irrelevant I realise.

I may be making a leap or two too far but if leaving The Valley is CARD's alternative to Roland then I have a real problem. I detest his regime but even he (yet) hasn't mooted leaving The Valley.

Well I'm a sixty plus fan too and I refuse to accept that my opinion is irrelevant apart from at home of course.

The Valley is our home but to refuse to accept that at some point in the future it might be necessary to move away is ridiculous. Now this might be forty, fifty years or longer into the future or indeed never but I reiterate from above that any club that doesn't consider all commercial possibilities to maximise revenue will wither on the vine. Football is now just all about money. That's another argument but it's a fact that the clubs that have it call the shots.

I don't think that the old model of football stadia tucked into small residential streets is either sustainable or desirable going forward. The football I grew up with is no longer in existence. Things do change. Not always for the better but they do change.

If CAFC had a brighter and assured future away from The Valley than it did by remaining I would reluctantly embrace that.

Did you get approval of that statement from home before posting it? Risky.
    My CL posts are as autonomous as Chris Wilders proposed contract.