Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meires parents house visited

Comments

• Options
    For what it's worth (=precisely nothing) I disagree with this, just think it's out of order really!

It's probably because I still see KM as a fairly pleasant young lady who was given a great job that she wasn't ready for. I still think she should resign now as her inexperience is clearly hurting the club, but in her position I'd probably cling on too - as her boss doesn't seem too fussed about her performance.

RD is the problem... I wouldn't bring his family into it personally, just my opinion, it's only football.
  • Options
    I send a letter to Buckingham Palace and told The Queen,
    that Air Miles Andy was Rubbish at his Job.
    Lizzy Replied, and said i know He is rubbish, You poor subject,
    But NEPOTISM RULES OK.
  • Options
    Disagree entirely with this action. It's an own goal and counter productive.

Just had a discussion with a fellow Charlton supporting friend. He was initially supportive of Roly Two Sheds tenure but has slowly turned away from the "dark side" over the last few months i.e. he was starting to see the light and moving to a "Roly Out" position. However, he is now stating that he could not support any group that stooped to this sort of action.

A Millwall supporting friend in on the discussion stated "f**k that is low!"

I agree with both of them. It was an ill thought out thing to do and CARD supported or not it has made getting the "waivers" on side a bit more difficult.
  • Options
    A step too far. But if Roland and Katrien want to continue to take the piss, wind people up, push people too far and show a total disregard for their feelings, then they shouldn't be surprised when this sort of thing happens. They are screwing with people's minds and their lives, it's a dangerous game to play.
  • Options
    There's no part of this that isn't wrong. Meire is there to be shot at. Her parents are not.

As a protest we are going to lose every external support we currently have.

• Options
    All this was mentioned on another thread just under 2 weeks ago and no one battered an eyelid. Now this.

It's happened. Nothing will change that, if you agree or disagree with the actions.

Move on and look forward to saturday.

2 days to go....
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Does she have any pets? Just asking :-)

I'm sure she likes Dalmatians.
  • Options
    Much more of this creepy stuff and CARD might find itself in injunction territory.

Can't believe the stupidity behind this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do the people against going to Meire's family house think dressing up as camels and singing ' we're all going on a summer holiday' will help them sell up?

Well done all the lads that went out there, good tactic IMO
  • Options

Much more of this creepy stuff and CARD might find itself in injunction territory.

It wasn't CARD.
  • Options

It wasn't CARD.
    I'm glad to hear it but would that distinction be important to Meire seeking some sort of protection for her parents in a foreign country ? The adverse publicity would be awful.

• Options
    Big_Bob said:

Do the people against going to Meire's family house think dressing up as camels and singing ' we're all going on a summer holiday' will help them sell up?

Katrien Meire Works For Duchatelet.

Target the Organ Grinder not the performing Monkey.

His business interests in Brussels would seem a better place to Protest.
  • Options

A step too far. But if Roland and Katrien want to continue to take the piss, wind people up, push people too far and show a total disregard for their feelings, then they shouldn't be surprised when this sort of thing happens. They are screwing with people's minds and their lives, it's a dangerous game to play.

I want them gone as much as anyone but get a grip. It's just football.

Err, yes, that's why I said "a step too far".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Big_Bob said:

No, but where you draw a line is a question of values and how your parents raised you (ironically) and each person will have a different sense of what's right and what's wrong. For me, targeting someone's parents at their home who have nothing to do with it is beyond the pale. Other people were raised differently and will believe different things.
    yeah, well her's did a shit job

Possibly. Mines didn't though.
  • Options
    One polite visit and a leaflet is fine as long as it rests there.
    We are in a lesser of several evils scenario here.
    For some it is about either lose the club or lose goodwill, and go against standards they would prefer to uphold.

• Options
    cabbles said:

colin1961 said:

Standard won their fight by invading his personal space not throwing balls into the pitch , that's kindergarden stuff and will have no affect what so ever

So what you saying here, maybe kidnap her parents and lock her in the ibis in Bexleyheath with Marc Wilmots and James Henry until pen is put to paper and the transfer is done
    That's ridiculous, kidnapping is completely over the top. We should be looking to dig up her Granny and hold the remains hostage instead.
  • Options

Big_Bob said:

Personally I don't agree with either, but it's not really meant to viewed as a comparison. There have been numerous CARD things that have not gained universal approval, that will always be the case.

There is a difference though in what you believe is effective in achieving your aims and what is deemed as acceptable behaviour. that's like saying there is no point in doing anything that isn't hard hitting / extreme.

It is purely about where do you draw the line. There is no universal place where we would all draw it, it's just to me, targeting associated family in their homes is past the line I personally would draw.

That's nothing to do with being nice, not wanting to impact wider support etc it's just involving family is not something I agree with.

It's clear though that not everyone agrees with that so I'll ask a question to anyone who thinks I'm being wet with that stance.

About five years ago I banned an overseas-based poster from here. Over the next year I kept getting emails about what a coward I was, how he was going to track me down and beat me up, how he was going to f*ck my mum etc.

What would you say if he come over from abroad, knocked on my parents door wanting to speak to them about me, and leafleted all their neighbours about the terrible way in his opinion I moderate a forum and impacted on his enjoyment.

Would that have been fair game?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    seth plum said:

Katrien has been quick to make herself a public figure. Filmed conferences, women in football events, sky TV, university awards, sitting on judging panels and so on.
    So far there has been one polite bit of doorstepping, and a leaflet. If left there it is fair enough, because those who promote themselves as public figures often run the risk of family scrutiny even if distasteful.
    We have the cynical exploitation of staff, fans, players, and managers going on at Charlton. Alongside the hollow reflected glory of Community Trust success, families being targeted for a wholesome fun day experience, children especially being used by the club for their propaganda purposes.
    In that context of family values being waved around, whilst others like staff, older supporters, players and management are coldly and deliberately being excluded from this family fantasy because their perspectives are rejected. In that context I believe the one visit is OK.
    I said earlier about the lesser of two evils, and what has happened so far seems to be a fair enough conduit for pressing home a message.

My view entirely. Well said.
  • Options

It wasn't CARD.
    I'm glad to hear it but would that distinction be important to Meire seeking some sort of protection for her parents in a foreign country ? The adverse publicity would be awful.

Others will know better, but I'd be surprised if a judge would be willing to injunct one group of people (CARD), the full identity and extent of which cannot be identified by the petitioner, on the basis of the actions of another group of people, also largely unidentified, in relation to something that the petitioner alleges happened in another jurisdiction.