Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meires parents house visited

Comments

• Options
    If they want to leaflet around the neighbours, I don't generally have a problem with that. I guess the aim is embarrassment, which I don't think is too bad. I don't know the details of how someone ended up talking to the parents, if they deliberately knocked on the door to speak to them, I wouldn't support that. If they came out after being leafleted, I think it's probably a bit different.
  • Options
    Apart from strongly disagreeing with this action I think that it is a PR gift to RD and KM. If many Charlton supporters find this " protest" unacceptable imagine how people unconnected to the club will respond to a finely crafted headline.

This action was both wrong and a tactical blunder. The press are our friends.

• Options
    edited May 2016

Anyone see if she had a poster of Chris Powell Nabby Sarr on her bedroom wall?

Fixed that for you mate :wink: .
  • Options
    In the interest of balance, can we have the dialogue of the short conversation which took place with her father?

• Options
    cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

I absolutely disagree with this approach. The word 'targeting' has been questioned in this thread - and rightly so. However I would go further and say it is intimidation.

What on earth does anyone expect to achieve by intimidating KM's parents, or even total strangers who just happen to live in the area. Headline ' Charlton's CEO forced to resign after her parents targeted by fans'. I would expect any sympathy generated by CARD in its actions to date would evaporate overnight.

If we achieved those headlines - job done. None of us would need to care about any headlines that would be forgotten two days later. And we wouldn't need sympathy anyway. In any event what does sympathy ever achieve?

The hand-wringing regarding this excellent episode in our on-going protests is pathetic. What are some of you thinking?

So the ends justify the means? Really? Where does it stop? Where do you personally draw the line - if at all?

That sympathy has achieved some excellent press coverage and support from other fan groupings. We beat two sheds and his moll by embarrassing them, not scaring them.
  • Options

Anyone see if she had a poster of Chris Powell on her bedroom wall?

No, just Nabby Sarr.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

bobmunro said:

I absolutely disagree with this approach. The word 'targeting' has been questioned in this thread - and rightly so. However I would go further and say it is intimidation.

What on earth does anyone expect to achieve by intimidating KM's parents, or even total strangers who just happen to live in the area. Headline ' Charlton's CEO forced to resign after her parents targeted by fans'. I would expect any sympathy generated by CARD in its actions to date would evaporate overnight.

I think (happy to be corrected) that this wasn't a CARD protest. I imagine that subtlety would be lost on anyone from the outside looking in though so your point is completely valid.
    This, for me, is important. On another thread I went rambling on about the Belgium 20 protests. I thought the first protest in Belgium was brilliant and got good publicity. I think I'm right in saying it was mentioned on a CARD leaflet given out that same day (?) The 'Belgium 20' seems to now be used as a general name for all protests in Belgium - including the ones targetting KM's Mum and Dad (which I totally disagree with). So an initial protest that CARD 'approved of' has, IMO, become mixed in with these additional Belgium protests and targetting.

• Options
    I dislike the targeting of her parents. They are not responsible for what their grown up daughter does in either her private or professional life. Leafleting is one thing, but knocking on their door to speak to them is a step too far. Wouldn't it be better to target RD's business associates? They are the ones he would care about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

If we achieved those headlines - job done. None of us would need to care about any headlines that would be forgotten two days later. And we wouldn't need sympathy anyway. In any event what does sympathy ever achieve?

The hand-wringing regarding this excellent episode in our on-going protests is pathetic. What are some of you thinking?

So the ends justify the means? Really? Where does it stop? Where do you personally draw the line - if at all?

That sympathy has achieved some excellent press coverage and support from other fan groupings. We beat two sheds and his moll by embarrassing them, not scaring them.
    Somebody has rung a doorbell, asked for confirmation of a name and handed over a leaflet for god's sake!

Draw the line? Where does it stop? That's crap! It's not like he got kneecapped or anything is it? Some of you need to get off here and sign up with Mumsnet. Get back to knitting your own yoghurt or something.
    So they did ring the door bell then ?
  • Options

I'm going to get her mother some flowers.

An excellent idea. I can recommend Ricinus communis.
  • Options
    But why go public with this now? What on earth good, with this being out in the open do in getting rid of Meire, as this action will in the public's mind have been done by CARD.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

Somebody has rung a doorbell, asked for confirmation of a name and handed over a leaflet for god's sake!

Draw the line? Where does it stop? That's crap! It's not like he got kneecapped or anything is it? Some of you need to get off here and sign up with Mumsnet. Get back to knitting your own yoghurt or something.
    So they did ring the door bell then ?

In the interest of balance, can we have the dialogue of the short conversation which took place with her father?

• Options
    Surely we should be targeting Richard Murray and all his associates as he is the one that started all our troubles, despite what he said some years ago.
    Target Katrien at her home here in London yes but I sure don't see the point of targeting her parents all that will do is get her riled even more and we sure won't win that way.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Does she have any pets? Just asking :-)
  • Options

anything that fucks with her life in a non-violent and legal way is okay by me. it's nothing to the extent that she is fucking up mine and my parents life.

This - What I was trying to say but more succinctly put!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does she have any pets? Just asking :-)

Only reindeers :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Ironically the club have been silent about this, but now they'll have seen the reaction on here they'll probably go public safe in the knowledge that non-Charlton fans are likely to be equally upset.

Best thing to have done for many reasons would have been to have just done it and kept quiet.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Davo55 said:

se9addick said:

bobmunro said:

I think (happy to be corrected) that this wasn't a CARD protest. I imagine that subtlety would be lost on anyone from the outside looking in though so your point is completely valid.
    This, for me, is important. On another thread I went rambling on about the Belgium 20 protests. I thought the first protest in Belgium was brilliant and got good publicity. I think I'm right in saying it was mentioned on a CARD leaflet given out that same day (?) The 'Belgium 20' seems to now be used as a general name for all protests in Belgium - including the ones targetting KM's Mum and Dad (which I totally disagree with). So an initial protest that CARD 'approved of' has, IMO, become mixed in with these additional Belgium protests and targetting.

Let me try to clarify this.

The "Belgian 20" protests were not planned by, discussed with, approved of, or undertaken by CARD.
    Hmmmm.

• Options
    I agree LFE, would prefer this thread to be removed really.
  • Options
    so calling her bad names is OUT but fronting her family is in ?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

If a group of strangers approached my elderly parents at their home without an invitation, on the grounds that I was doing a crap job at work, I would have a very serious sense of humour failure.

Sorry this is brainless and totally unacceptable. It is also counter-productive because it plays into the narrative of 'Ms. Meire, the vulnerable female victim doing her best in a man's world'.

Agreed.

I was obviously not present so can't describe how things went down but it just sounds very foolish for quite a few reasons.

I hate it.

Meire is her own worst enemy. It's a bit annoying that's she's making a load of money on the back of doing a very bad job, but that's the reality. She's lucky for now but more or less in the end, everyone ends up where they deserve. She won't be a big shot in 10 years that's a fact. I don't care either way though.

Simply ignoring the woman and pretending she doesn't exist is probably a better way of getting to her as the current attention, whether good or bad, still means something.

I don't take her seriously. You couldn't force me into a conversation with her. She would be an irrelevance in whatever environment.

Don't stoop so low.

As a fanbase, charlton is a proud club to support and there is more of a level of dignity and integrity about us then what going Meires parents house suggests.

Keep it that way

I'm ambivalent about chatting with her Dad, but I couldn't let this go Dave. Absolutely not true - look at people like Rupert Murdoch, George Osborn, Philip Green, even Roland Duchatalet, and thousands and thousands of others, utter detestable scumbags. Living in clover, luxury lifestyles and not giving a shit about anyone else. It would be a lovely world where everyone ended up where they deserve. In my experience it seems the opposite applies most of the time. :neutral:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Anyone see if she had a poster of Chris Powell Nabby Sarr on her bedroom wall?

Fixed that for you mate :wink: .
    Ha Ha! Like it.