Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IMPORTANT—CARD Statement 3: Brighton Home

124»

Comments

• I was on the march a fair way back behind the balloon , i thought that was the front of the demo. It wasn't until i saw the photos i realised how far back we were , impressive numbers well done CARD keep up the good work.
  • March with hindsight needed to proceed to in front of the West Stand. However, (and Some assumptions on my part) but I think the Police were very clear for both marches that that wasn't to be allowed as I assume they were fearful of flashpoints and they were happy with a closure point at the back of the North...

I can't imagine how the police could sanction a march to the West Stand as it's on private property.
  • LenGlover said:

I wasn't at the funeral march so cannot compare but was there today and found the numbers involved impressive.

The point was emphatically made and thanks to Brighton fans for their contribution to that both inside and outside the ground today.

Criticism is churlish in my view but if one is to be made it is the hiatus between approx 2:35 and kick off. That said we had to get into the ground and blowing up those balloons and beach balls took time (allegedly!)

Chucking tomatos at Roly was good. Could have been more of that.

tomato (1 of 1)
  • I'd have liked the march to head down Valley Grove at the junction with Floyd Road and through the car park gates, then across the back of the west stand. However, even if the club hadn't shut the gates (itself a safety concern), trying to push that number of people through the Valley Grove exit would have been dangerous and even if accomplished taken a very long while.
  • Davo55 said:

You scamp @Pico :smile:

Attack dog you mean.

• Patrick Steinhoffen
    @P_Steinhoffen
    BREAKING: Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet has described their supporters as 'pathetic lizards' in an interview given to BBC Sport #cafc

• Patrick Steinhoffen
    @P_Steinhoffen
    BREAKING: Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet has described their supporters as 'pathetic lizards' in an interview given to BBC Sport #cafc

I think that's a parody account.

• Patrick Steinhoffen
    @P_Steinhoffen

I think that's a parody account.
    Would make sense given the followers tbf.

• Patrick Steinhoffen
    @P_Steinhoffen
    BREAKING: Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet has described their supporters as 'Marching lizards' in an interview given to BBC Sport #cafc

If that quote had come from David Icke !