Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IMPORTANT—CARD Statement 3: Brighton Home

Comments

• Crusty54 said:

Everyone is entitled to their view and protest in this country.

However, the only way to get Roland out of the club is to find a buyer. That will need a lot of money and not another Mark Hulyer.

Relegation means that a lot of the players will leave and income will be reduced. This will affect the number of academy graduates retained. Consider your actions before going over the top and get the club in trouble with the Football League.

As the Brighton poster said, get organized and prove the club is worth buying for the future.

Uninformed there mate ...

• How you can be prepared to make any judgement on the day's events by 2:30, in the middle of a march of 5,000 strong, I don't know!
  • edited April 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

How you can be prepared to make any judgement on the day's events by 2:30, in the middle of a march of 5,000 strong, I don't know!

I wasn't judging the day. I found the march a bit quiet.
  • Looks like Roland's keyboard army is out in force again ...
  • Uboat said:

mascot88 said:

Looks like Roland's keyboard army is out in force again ...

Rumbled. Shit.
    I think I remember that film....

PS I know the film's Rumblefish.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Uboat said:

Am I allowed to say that was a bit of an anti-climax? Maybe I'm missing something.

You're allowed to say what you like. Don't make it right though.
    I make him right though, unfortunately.

Was all a bit quiet and then seemed to fizzle out. I was near the back mind you, so maybe I wasn't getting the full effect.
  • Off_it said:

LoOkOuT said:

Uboat said:

Am I allowed to say that was a bit of an anti-climax? Maybe I'm missing something.

You're allowed to say what you like. Don't make it right though.
    I make him right though, unfortunately.

Was all a bit quiet and then seemed to fizzle out. I was near the back mind you, so maybe I wasn't getting the full effect.
    That's what she said
  • edited April 2016

Currently getting a tattoo, hope to get down there in time but looking unlikely. Good luck all.

'Roland out' on your knob no doubt.
    That's dedication.
    Yeah, but when he gets excited it says "Roland Duchâtelet is a failure and the best thing he could do to our club is get out."
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for giving away a goal
  • Crusty54 said:

Thanks for giving away a goal

Fishing for lols
  • Is something else happening?
  • Currently getting a tattoo, hope to get down there in time but looking unlikely. Good luck all.

'Roland out' on your knob no doubt.
    That's dedication.
    He's going to be bang in trouble when having a shag. It's going to be 'Roland In' his poor Todger won't know if it's coming (yes I know) or going.
    What's worse, after the event it will say 'rot'
  • Not sure why the pre match march didn't end behind the West Stand, seemed logical thing to do.
  • The pre match protest was a bit of an anti climax. Was very quiet with only sporadic singing. Should have ended at the west stand car park too.
  • I think the club did their best to prevent ending at the West Stand Car Park.
  • LoOkOuT said:

I think the club did their best to prevent ending at the West Stand Car Park.

Not really. Lots of people peeled off into the west stand car park.
  • LoOkOuT said:

I think the club did their best to prevent ending at the West Stand Car Park.

I went in there, to get into the west stand funnily enough. The gates were open and there were no stewards stopping anyone going in. I mean, they couldn't really on a matchday anyway, could they.
  • edited April 2016
    It's one thing to provide access to supporters entering the ground, another to allow a purposeful procession, like the march. All I'm saying is that the march ended where it ended for logistical reasons. As I understand it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought the march was well attended but I agree the chanting was less powerful than at the coffin march. It was still pretty good sporadically though and it's much more difficult to get many more people chanting simultaneously.

I think it was very good although I am beginning to wish I hadn't had my son on my shoulders the whole way as my knees are now killing me.

And I've got more of the same tomorrow so the boy can see my ex running in the London marathon.

Ice packs all round :(

Thought the balloons looked great, was a shame the wind was blowing from the Jimmy seed stand.

Had to leave after 5 minutes to take son to best friends birthday party so missed the rest but what I've seen of the directors box protest looks good.

Well done to everyone who helped organise or attend.
  • Difficulty with circa 5000 in the march is to keep all in sync with the chanting, one way is to agree before the march, what the 'running order is' and have a head of a 'section' to keep the chants in time.... like on the Poll tax and Junior doctors rallies
  • Useful to remember that these protests are arranged by volunteers with, in comparison with what the club has spent countering them, a very small pot of cash.

It's an impressive pot of cash. But very tiny if you consider the number of reasonably high paid consultants and security looking to block the efforts.

If we have to take this on again next year, I think chant sheets and lead chanters as suggested by @Redmidland above would be a step on we should think about.

I hope the efforts so far are enough. If they aren't, I'm very sure more actions will be taken.
  • I suspect that the regime are now banking on getting to the end of the season and the protests dying out, ideally after a few early wins. That will be the test of our resolve ... if we are in the top third by October will there still be protests?
  • Agree with Airman:

Hoping for a change of regime well before then so more an issue with the new regime.

If they stay, no chance of being in the top third of any division we are in.
  • mogodon said:

I suspect that the regime are now banking on getting to the end of the season and the protests dying out, ideally after a few early wins. That will be the test of our resolve ... if we are in the top third by October will there still be protests?

I really wouldn't worry about that ...
    I appreciate your confidence, but I think the concern is legitimate. There will be way fewer customers there to participate next season and we're already seeing how hard it is to keep the protests fresh, for want of a better word. We might even win a few games next year, which would draw some more away, though admittedly that's less likely with no players, management or leadership.