Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IMPORTANT—CARD Statement 3: Brighton Home

Ever had that sinking feeling?

Yes, Charlton are going down, and it’s all Roland Duchatelet’s fault. So CARD is going to throw the kitchen sink at him - before, during and after today’s match against Brighton.

Unfortunately, we’re told that the club’s owner has slunk off back to Belgium, despite being in SE7 for the last two days. Presumably, he’s gone to hide behind a replica of the fans sofa in his front room.

He still hasn’t seen a match at The Valley since October 21st, 2014. But this time, Roland, there’s no escape, because we’re bringing you to The Valley anyway - in so many different ways.

He’ll be there on the march, which leaves the Liberal Club in Charlton Church Lane at 2.15pm (assemble from 2pm), and he’ll be present throughout the afternoon.

Chief executive Katrien Meire once said: "Roland does it his way and the fans need to accept that.”

Today’s the day that Charlton fans show they don’t accept it. And they never will.

Join us for the march. Join us for today’s in-game protests. Join us in boycotting all spending on refreshments, merchandise and programmes from the club. Join us in the west stand car park immediately after the game.

Join us in taking back our club.

#WeWantRolandOut

Comments

• I'd love to be there. Good luck everyone. Hopefully I have the game on TV so will be looking out for some fun and games.
  • Everyone is entitled to their view and protest in this country.

However, the only way to get Roland out of the club is to find a buyer. That will need a lot of money and not another Mark Hulyer.

Relegation means that a lot of the players will leave and income will be reduced. This will affect the number of academy graduates retained. Consider your actions before going over the top and get the club in trouble with the Football League.

As the Brighton poster said, get organized and prove the club is worth buying for the future.
  • BRING IT ON
  • Currently getting a tattoo, hope to get down there in time but looking unlikely. Good luck all.
  • Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties and so bear ourselves that,if the Charlton Athletic and the football league last for a thousand years,men will say,"This was their finest hour."
  • Out of the country today shall be listening in,give them hell lets get our club back,good luck everyone
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:

If you're anywhere near The Valley today, do whatever you can to get down to the March and make history today. This will likely be the largest supporter protest that football in England has ever seen. Make it so that you can tell your grandchildren that you were there that day. That you made a difference. That you stood up for what is right.

Make football history. Make Charlton history. Make Roland history.

Anybody else humming The Dambusters theme to themselves while reading Lookies team talk?
  • Work, alas. Was going to make this my first visit to the Valley since last season...the only aspect of CAFC I find worth being proud of now is this community and JJ.
  • Currently getting a tattoo, hope to get down there in time but looking unlikely. Good luck all.

'Roland out' on your knob no doubt.
    That's dedication.

'Roland out' on your knob no doubt.
    That's dedication.
    He's going to be bang in trouble when having a shag. It's going to be 'Roland In' his poor Todger won't know if it's coming (yes I know) or going.
  • The game is being televised live today and shown in several European countries and the USA so make protests during the game visual make a noise. Good luck, I will be watching from Barcelona.

Do you know what channel in Spain?
  • Solidgone said:

The game is being televised live today and shown in several European countries and the USA so make protests during the game visual make a noise. Good luck, I will be watching from Barcelona.

Sorry one of those IPTV subs is needed. beIN Sports in France have it, Sportklub in Eastern Europe showing it along with a few others. If you can access beIN Sports Arabia they may have it also but unlikely to be available on beIN Sports network or Movistar in Spain.
  • thanks graham. Eurosport says they are showing the match at 4pm. I don't know whether that's true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Best of Luck - Lads and Lassies.
    Please make sure the protest is very LOUD and very PROUD !!!
    And hope ALL fans will join in

• Solidgone said:

thanks graham. Eurosport says they are showing the match at 4pm. I don't know whether that's true.

According to the eurosport.com website they are carrying it live but not sure what countries (def not UK of course) so hope you are right and get to watch it. I will be watching in on beIN Sports Max France then going to tonights Barca game. Good luck
  • edited April 2016

Crusty54 said:

Everyone is entitled to their view and protest in this country.

However, the only way to get Roland out of the club is to find a buyer. That will need a lot of money and not another Mark Hulyer.

Relegation means that a lot of the players will leave and income will be reduced. This will affect the number of academy graduates retained. Consider your actions before going over the top and get the club in trouble with the Football League.

As the Brighton poster said, get organized and prove the club is worth buying for the future.

There are potential buyers - what is needed is to make Roland think this isn't worth it and he should sell up now.
    Exactly, pretty bored of the 'you'll never find somebody to buy us' posts.

At the moment there is a queue of at least 2 interested parties.

Duchatelet is the obstacle now.
  • Gutted I can't be there, keep up the good work everyone. Let him have it.
  • End....or is it?
  • Am I allowed to say that was a bit of an anti-climax? Maybe I'm missing something.
  • Solidgone said:

The game is being televised live today and shown in several European countries and the USA so make protests during the game visual make a noise. Good luck, I will be watching from Barcelona.

It's on after the El Dorado omnibus.
    And I thought I would had to miss it. What a great Saturday.