Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Supporters Trust

Comments

• edited April 2016
    If non-members want to influence this vote, now is a good time to pay your fiver and have your say.

I cannot believe the outcome will be option 1 so it will either be meet and tell them to go, or not meet at all. I hope that if option 2 IS chosen by the members, that the Trust do not let themselves get drawn into anything further.

I have no interest in seeing ongoing engagement with this regime. No matter what assurances are given or plans mooted, the eccentricity of RD means it's not worth a jot and could be changed on a whim.

Their exit is the only solution.
  • I believe the vote is open to non members.
  • I believe the vote is open to non members.

Ok interesting, I thought that because it asked if I was a member then some details to identify myself, I assumed it was members only. Thanks for the clarification.
  • I just honestly don't see what going will achieve. KM and RM will regurgitate the same rubbish they've said in the past, whilst being defensive, no doubt hiding behind others, and not taking on board anything the trust says.

I don't care about taking the moral high ground by attending the meeting as you might as just go an speak to a brick wall for the good it will do.
  • But you well know the trust board was split on whether to meet KM and RM and so used the old trust fall back of "let's have a survey so we don't have to make a difficult decision".

Nothing to do with seeking views of members or wider fan base.

That's too harsh.

This forum is split. No reason to think the Trust Board would be any different. Given that I applaud the decision to refer to the membership.

Can you imagine the fuss on here if the Trust had made a decision without consultation.
    Which is exactly where it was going until it kicked off behind the scenes and why it kicked off.
  • Absolute own goal of the trust meet them. Clear divide and concer in play here, they have mucked you around numerous times and yet you're still willing to hear there shit. Don't don't it.
  • edited April 2016
    I couldn't put it any better than the previous statement from CARD on the subject of communication from the club:

"They appear to see it as an opportunity to repeat the same superficial and flawed analysis, more loudly, more slowly and more clearly".

While there is nothing to gain from listening to them, there may be something to gain telling them them.
  • As I understand it, this is NOT a vote but rather a request for feedback.

Unless there is a very clear consensus of opinion, the Trust Board will still have to make a decision. I find it hard to imagine that many people would have gone for the "full dialogue" option and I suspect there will be quite a split between the "go tell them to sod off" and "don't go" views.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:

I couldn't put it any better than the previous statement from CARD on the subject of communication from the club:

"They appear to see it as an opportunity to repeat the same superficial and flawed analysis, more loudly, more slowly and more clearly".

While there is nothing to gain from listening to them, there may be something to gain telling them them.

You honestly think they will take on board anything that is said? I doubt it will even get back to Roland.
  • Personally I didn't want give them the "We want to meet the fans, but they said no" ammunition but after all the BS opted for the "no" option.
    But on the assumption they wanted to do it and the Trust voted to do so, why not elect a new trust board of *Airman, Steve Clarke, Reg, Henry & The Gentleman that was at the first recorded meeting (beard ;) ) That would put the ball in their court.
  • WSSWSS
    edited April 2016
    Davo55 said:

As I understand it, this is NOT a vote but rather a request for feedback.

Unless there is a very clear consensus of opinion, the Trust Board will still have to make a decision. I find it hard to imagine that many people would have gone for the "full dialogue" option and I suspect there will be quite a split between the "go tell them to sod off" and "don't go" views.

That's fair enough.

Got a feeling this could turn into a similar thing like the Valley Gold money "debate".

I get the whole "mandate" thing but the world has changed. Maybe this mandate needs to be revisited and reworked.
  • Have CAST ever said they want new owners and they will not work with Duchatlet?
  • I demand a re-run....

Actually, I think that there should have been the option of not meeting, but issuing a statement why and that the regime should go.
  • Just got the email again, are CAST planning on sending the survey out everyday?
  • Just got the email again, are CAST planning on sending the survey out everyday?

Likewise, still voted NO, no option for Just feck off which was a disappointment
    :(
  • Sponsored links:

• I have just received the e mail again! How can the trust go to a meeting to represent us if they don't seem to know what they are doing by sending the same e mail out twice
  • A meeting would achieve nothing.
    Just look at the last meeting, what good came from that?

Let's focus on pushing this ownership out, reconciliation is NOT going to resolve the mess THEY have created. Infact I'm scratching my head here as to how anyone would think we can progress with this ownership after everything that's gone on this season? Madness.
  • Got a feeling this meeting is RM idea, he knows it would split the protest organizers, he is no doubt printing this thread and will show KM tomorrow and say I told you they are not united, because at the end of the day there are some big egos out there.
  • edited April 2016
    Would the trust encourage RMs resignation at this meeting? That would sway my thought process.

• Chunes said:

You honestly think they will take on board anything that is said? I doubt it will even get back to Roland.
    No, meant it could be an extension of the protests. A stern and clear warning for the future should they not sell.
  • A meeting is not pointless. I want to hear what they have to say. If it's more bullshit then that's fine. We can tell them it bulshit and tell the fan base and media it's bullshit. We win.

If we don't meet they just get to say to the press (and they will) that they tried to build a constructive dialogue but the fans were obstructive and unreasonable. They win.

I don't want hear what they have to say because the are compulsive liars and nothing they say can be trusted.

I would like the Trust to meet them and spell it out that nothing short of selling the club is acceptable.
  • The Trust must understand they are never going to meet the owner, Richard Murray and Katrien Meire is the only option available. The Trust should meet them and discuss the dire situation we are in. I agree that to refuse the offer of the meeting will give the club every opportunity to criticise the Trust. Prior to the meeting we should submit a list of questions that we want answered.