Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Supporters Trust

Comments

• Do we really want to meet with these 2 who have shown nothing but disdain for the fans.

https://youtu.be/f82cI0cVNVY
  • Yes, but only to tell them to eff off. Take PV with you.
  • edited April 2016
    CAST: "We're here to tell you to sell up and leave the club asap"

Meire: "We know, we read Charlton Life and are aware of the message from the past 6 months of protest"

CAST: "Well?"

Meire: "We're not going anywhere. We're bringing a different kind of success that is unique"

CAST: "Muzza?"

Murray: "What she said. Give them time. They're the best thing for the club".

CAST: Hmmmpfff. That's all the agenda items. Any other business?...

• edited April 2016
    http://www.castrust.org/2016/04/urgent-question-cas-trust/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Here is a link to the explanation and survey by the trust (OP, might be good to put this in the first post).

The three options for the meeting are "No," "Yes and listen to what they say and report back," and "Yes and tell them to sell."

I voted for Yes and tell them to sell. I fear that this leadership team will not get it until it's put bluntly to them. Also, in the meeting will be Richard Murray, a man who is allegedly part of a takeover vehicle. It should be made clear to him that he is considered as much a part of the problem as anyone else.

I think not meeting would be used against CAST in the press. During the meeting CAST can declare that they no longer consider this regime to be worthy stewards of the club, and plan to boycott all future meetings. Meeting with them once does not sign them up to anything in the future. But now could be our only chance to tell them face to face that we will accept nothing short of them going.
  • Clearly no more than a bid to divide opposition and also enable them to tell the media they have met with fans.

Neither of them tells the truth, and no meeting with them has made a scrap of difference. No point in playing their game, especially as our aim is for them to go, and go soon.
  • Don't give them the morale high ground.

Turn up and tell them to jam it
  • Nug said:

Do we really want to meet with these 2 who have shown nothing but disdain for the fans.

https://youtu.be/f82cI0cVNVY

Fucking message board things.
  • Sponsored links:

• 9 9 9 .... Says Patrick Bauer
  • Option 2. Not turning up is what they are hoping. But get the message across that there will be no discussion with KM and RM. The only way forward for CAFC is RD selling.
  • Meet with them get our points across, then walk out stating it useless you replying because all you spout is lies.
  • I voted the second option. I don't see how it helps us to ignore the overtures. I don't thnink anything will come of it. Unless they have very specific plans to present, I'm not sure what they want to achieve. I doubt it's to tell us they've sold. Any change is attitude from the fans would only occur based on action by the club, not the promise of action.

Those who are worried they are trying to divide us, that may be true, but I have faith that our representatives will also see that.

I would prefer that they produced an agenda in advance, together with their attendee list, and they have to agree that none of this is off the record. The trust must be allowed to produce their report on the event with any approval from them.
  • Can't you take Peter Varney along as well?
  • Agree to meet, centre circle at the end of the Burnley match, and linked to the PA system.
  • _MrDick said:

9 9 9 .... Says Patrick Bauer

Jesus, is he injured again?
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:

9 9 9 .... Says Patrick Bauer

Jesus, is he injured again?
    Jesus never signed a perm deal mate. Got crucified by the boo boys.
    I hear he does a tremendous Terry Butcher impression, though.
  • It's a no from me. We can't believe a word they say, and they know what we want - so no point whatsoever.
  • Have to meet otherwise it gives them ammunition. But confirm who will be attending in advance so km doen't load up with as much staff as possible, and set a plan for the talks so whe doesn't do her norm and dictate and control.
    The fact it's such short notice is already a sign that they are tying to gain an advantage and it is just an exercise for later publicity or excuses.
  • I voted yes and tell them to sell. They have lied consistently since the takeover and cannot be trusted. The only reason they now want dialogue is because they have been backed into a corner.
  • SDAddick said:

http://www.castrust.org/2016/04/urgent-question-cas-trust/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Here is a link to the explanation and survey by the trust (OP, might be good to put this in the first post).

The three options for the meeting are "No," "Yes and listen to what they say and report back," and "Yes and tell them to sell."

I voted for Yes and tell them to sell. I fear that this leadership team will not get it until it's put bluntly to them. Also, in the meeting will be Richard Murray, a man who is allegedly part of a takeover vehicle. It should be made clear to him that he is considered as much a part of the problem as anyone else.

I think not meeting would be used against CAST in the press. During the meeting CAST can declare that they no longer consider this regime to be worthy stewards of the club, and plan to boycott all future meetings. Meeting with them once does not sign them up to anything in the future. But now could be our only chance to tell them face to face that we will accept nothing short of them going.

Sums up my thoughts also.
  • se9addick said:

Has to be;

"meet with RM & KM in order to recommend, face to face, that the current regime should seek a buyer for the club."

Turn it down and risk losing some of the moral high ground we've built up, turn up and listen to them is tantamount to indulgence. Meet them and repeat the message that will ring out from the stands today - "get out of our club".

This.

• Voted for them to meet and to tell them to sell.