Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets Sold (22/04/16)

Comments

• Options
    trickreed said:

From the website re season tickets for sale

05/05/16 - seats available: 17,675
    19/05/16 - seats available: 17,602

So looks like over the last 2 weeks the number of seats available has dropped by 73.

It's hard to understand why anyone would have bought a S/T during these last 2 weeks, with relegation, no manager and without the £25 discount. Maybe these are comps of some sort?
  • Options
    So whats the total at the moment then? 4,500 ish?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

I do not understand anyone buying a ST in East Stand Block A when the price went up in excess of 50% for next season.

I'm guessing tht if you used to have a season ticket in the middles blocks of the East Stand, which aremore expensive, you could buy one in Block A for less and then move to the middle. The middle will no doubt be filled by those fecking school kids though
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

I do not understand anyone buying a ST in East Stand Block A when the price went up in excess of 50% for next season.

I'm guessing tht if you used to have a season ticket in the middles blocks of the East Stand, which aremore expensive, you could buy one in Block A for less and then move to the middle. The middle will no doubt be filled by those fecking school kids though
    Angelic schoolchildren enhancing the atmosphere.
  • Options

Been keeping an eye on ticketing on the OS...

31/05/16 - seats available: 17,486

So looks like during May the number of seats available has dropped by 189.

I appreciate that this doesn't tell full story but it seems to show season ticket sales are a problem!!

Cheers
  • Options
    My two prime seats remain "available" as are the four or five immediately behind me so the group of young lads who had them have clearly given up.
  • Options
    trickreed said:

Been keeping an eye on ticketing on the OS...

31/05/16 - seats available: 17,486

So looks like during May the number of seats available has dropped by 189.

I appreciate that this doesn't tell full story but it seems to show season ticket sales are a problem!!

Cheers

The only problem I can see is that some people are still thinking now is a good time to buy a season ticket? Weird?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Missed It said:

Whoever said that Charlton would become unsustainable by Christmas 2016 looks about right. When a third of all season tickets are only paying £7 a game there has to be massive injections of Duchatelet's cash to keep the club running.

As has been said elsewhere, the financial year end is June 30th. The drop in cashflow will be enormous when compared to last year's accounts, especially as the summer is when no regular income comes in
    I don't know how the club treat income but for accounting purposes I'd have thought most businesses would defer receipt until the accounting year to which it related. Do football clubs do that? If so, the accounts for the year ended June 2016 would include the season ticket receipts from last year, not this.
    Yep you've pretty much got a handle on that.
    The difference in the June 16 accounts to those for 15, 14 and years before will be evident in the current assets & liabilities figures, chiefly the bank balance or overdraft. This year the company won't have received a big glut of cash from S/T sales in the months around and since the end of the season. The loss for the year to June 2017 will be bigger again cos of the piss poor revenues in 3rd division and our having voted with our feet, made our choice and not paid our money.
    The 2016 accounts are in any event going to look bad: bigger operating loss from a crap season and worsening liquidity from customer dissatisfaction. Always the 2 chief harbingers of a failed business.
  • Options
    Now that we have moved into the new footballing financial year, does anybody know how many season tickets have been sold?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If true, a fantastic show of disgust to the Belgians.
  • Options
    Ouch - we're looking at possible 8k attendances now I guess
  • Options
    The club rang me last week and a very unhappy sounding lady timidly asked if I would be renewing and if not, why not. She didn't seem surprised at my answer!
  • Options

If true, a fantastic show of disgust to the Belgians.
    very unlikely to be true given the source
    Who's account is that then?
  • Options
    I wouldn't put too much faith in that number, but the club are still calling. I had another one yesterday and repeated my response but a little more colourfully.
  • Options
    What worries me is that there are people out there they sit and count the number of seats sold which is the most strangest thing i have ever come across, and secondly that fans are genuinely pleased that sales are down in which reflect on lower gates.
    The fact that the owner is a multi millionaire do you really think he will notice the difference??

By selling a key player and getting him off of the wage bill pretty much gets that lost revenue back straight away.
  • Options
    The fact that fans think that a player will stay because we have gone down is even more strange. Cousins. JBG etc will not wish to ply their trade in division one. As a club we cannot afford to keep them due to their salary and bonuses. A player will also have a clause in which would mean a salary reduction if the club is relegated as well as a clause in which can be activated if a bid comes in.

Its football, we are no different to any other club, its part and parcel of football.

Why not look at the positives, who we have signed in the summer as i am sure there are other clubs in our league that would love to sign them or even more so wouldn't want to have sold them to a club in their league who was their main asset.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

I wouldn't put too much faith in that number, but the club are still calling. I had another one yesterday and repeated my response but a little more colourfully.

I've not heard a dicky-bird from the club, which may be because there are so many non-renewers they are struggling to call them all...
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

The club rang me last week and a very unhappy sounding lady timidly asked if I would be renewing and if not, why not. She didn't seem surprised at my answer!

I still haven't had a call yet. Feeling left out. Really want to vent about Katrien and Roland.
  • Options
    Simon E said:

Rizzo said:

I still haven't had a call yet. Feeling left out. Really want to vent about Katrien and Roland.
    I think we are on the 'don't bother' list mate :-)

• Options
    Not had my call yet either.

Disappointing as I am hoping to negotiate a discount.
  • Options
    If that number is true then we are only 300 ahead of AFC Wimbledon
  • Options
    still not had a call, very disappointing.
  • Options
    I never got a call either - not sure what list I'm on - they were probably going to offer me a seat in the directors box for all the regime propaganda I've been apparently spreading on here
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

I never got a call either - not sure what list I'm on - they were probably going to offer me a seat in the directors box for all the regime propaganda I've been apparently spreading on here

If I was RD, I would offer you the CEO position.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Trust me, I'd solve the problems and unite us in a glorious charge back to the championship and beyond. Problem is, I'm weighing up whether I can do that and leader of the Labour Party at the same time.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Trust me, I'd solve the problems and unite us in a glorious charge back to the championship and beyond. Problem is, I'm weighing up whether I can do that and leader of the Labour Party at the same time.
    Colin as your number 2
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!