Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets Sold (22/04/16)

Having a couple of hours to spare, I decided to count the number of seats indicated in use on the online season ticket sale site.

Upper North 317
Lower North 1200
Family 82
NWQ 112
East 650
Lower West 764
Upper West 304

Total 3429 Approx.

Comments

• Options
    I'm surprised its that many. They must either watch a different game to the one we see or they all have their heads in the sand. How can anybody commit to suffering more of the same, on & off the pitch, next season.

Unless, of course, the chief WUMmer Colin has bought them all!
  • Options
    Slightly shocked it's that high actually.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Having a couple of hours to spare, I decided to count the number of seats indicated in use on the online season ticket sale site.

Upper North 317
    Lower North 1200
    Family 82
    NWQ 112
    East 650
    Lower West 764
    Upper West 304

Total 3429 Approx.

Not too terrible considering. I wondering how many of them were those that said they were not going to renew and still have.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Airman there are a number of seats which are indicated as unavailable for sale. There are no seats for sale in East Stand Block A, although 2 seats have been sold in West Lower Block H.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Other than the Lower North, I guess it's the Lower West that has the highest percentage of S/T sold, which is probably as expected
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unbelievable that so many would renew.
  • Options
    Very disappointing. I expected it to be under 1000. Away games only until they have gone.
  • Options
    What's the comparable figure for this time last year, anyone know?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

What's the comparable figure for this time last year, anyone know?

• Options
    kentred2 said:

Honoured. I got a lol from pl54
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Were you not at the Middlesbrough game when so many stayed in the ground on the 74th minute? This number is around what i would have expected, by the time the season starts it will probably be 6-7,000.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

kentred2 said:

Were you not at the Middlesbrough game when so many stayed in the ground on the 74th minute? This number is around what i would have expected, by the time the season starts it will probably be 6-7,000.
    Yes I was and very true. Twice now I have stood out like a sore thumb protesting in lower west.
  • Options
    Not many people left from west lower on 74 minutes. I couldn't say exactly how many stayed because we were straight out the door but we weren't surrounded by people leaving that's for sure.
  • Options
    *cough* clueless OAPs *cough* hard to believe that they're the same people who fought to get back to the valley not too long ago. Should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fair play to the people who have brought them. Personally I don't understand it - not a dig. Each to there own. Sure a fair few of those people will have given a lot of consideration and finances (especially if it's w family) will have determined it.

Dansk_Red said:

Upper North 317
    Lower North 1200
    Family 82
    NWQ 112
    East 650
    Lower West 764
    Upper West 304

Total 3429 Approx.

Good work - that will almost certainly include staff and other comps, and seats reserved for matchday hospitality, so probably nearer 3,000 sold. If it includes restricted views it will be significantly lower.
    I think a restricted view is probably a good idea :smile:

I remember I sat behind a pole at port vale once - he was a good bloke to be fair.
    Do you still keep in touch? How are his Vale doing this year?
  • Options

*cough* clueless OAPs *cough* hard to believe that they're the same people who fought to get back to the valley not too long ago. Should be ashamed of themselves.

Sorry, what??
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

C_A_F_C said:

kentred2 said:

Yes I was and very true. Twice now I have stood out like a sore thumb protesting in lower west.
    Lower west is weird (not unique).
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

kentred2 said:

Not the same thing, I stayed (because at the time the 3 points might have been important) but haven't renewed

And, why would anyone renew now? We're playing L1 football next season, and the discount has gone
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2016
    Apart from lower north and lower west, the number of season tickets are pitifully small. The relocation of season ticket holders into the lower north, will result in a drop in revenue. I can see some sections of the ground being closed such as upper west and half of east stand. I am sure that the club would like to close the Jimmy Seed South stand, but the police would not be happy about moving the much fewer league one away supporters into the east stand due to segregation issues.

By the season start, I would guess around 6,000 season ticket holders, which would be around a drop of 40%. All those preserving their seats have done so. The club releasing the seats may have moved up a purchase for those that want to secure their seat. I would imagine it will be much slower going from here on in. From quoted attendances of 15,000 you are looking at sub 7,000 to 10,000 for Saturday games and easily sub 6,000 for week day games. Non attending season ticket holders will not be able to be counted next season.
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Airman there are a number of seats which are indicated as unavailable for sale. There are no seats for sale in East Stand Block A, although 2 seats have been sold in West Lower Block H.

That's a glitch in the set-up - East A is on sale separately from East B and then shown with it too. In the latter case, it's unavailable, but in the former it's on sale - and they've sold 7 seats.

Take your point re the unavailable seats (in the case of Row O that's because they don't exist!), although the staff comps etc should just show as sold seats, not unavailable. Comps will nearly all be in the lower west, as will players comps and could easily amount to a couple of hundred, which is one reason why the lower west will look busier than it really is. Against that, wheelchairs spaces won't show up on the online system.

Frankly all the sales figures in all stands are very poor apart from the lower north.

Bearing in mind that some people always buy after the deadline anyway, they are 50-60 per cent down at this stage IMO.
    On the basis that the Belgians are to be here for the new season, from your experience how many more tickets would you envisage being sold?
  • Options
    vff said:

Apart from lower north and lower west, the number of season tickets are pitifully small. The relocation of season ticket holders into the lower north, will result in a drop in revenue. I can see some sections of the ground being closed such as upper west and half of east stand. I am sure that the club would like to close the Jimmy Seed South stand, but the police would not be happy about moving the much fewer league one away supporters into the east stand due to segregation issues.

By the season start, I would guess around 6,000 season ticket holders, which would be around a drop of 40%. All those preserving their seats have done so. The club releasing the seats may have moved up a purchase for those that want to secure their seat. I would imagine it will be much slower going from here on in. From quoted attendances of 15,000 you are looking at sub 7,000 to 10,000 for Saturday games and easily sub 6,000 for week day games. Non attending season ticket holders will not be able to be counted next season.

I will be amazed if any part of the ground was closed(cup games aside), throughout the league I do not think anybody does that.

A knock on affect with poor ticket sales is that I imagine people paying on the day will take a drastic downturn.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!