Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets Sold (22/04/16)

Comments

• Options
    Was just being nosey (and checking that no one has taken my seats yet, in case I do renew), and strangely enough they haven't added the extra £25 they threatened on to the price of my ST's.

Another policy reverse.
  • Options

Still can't believe how many of you have fronted up your money for them

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you and I and others also continue to hand over cash to the regime that took our club to Selhurst and Upton Park when a lot of charlton fans boycotted the move ? What's different ? There wouldn't be a charlton athletic today if we hadn't continued to support the team

Whatever else we think his faults are, even Roland hasn't done something as bad as abandoning the Valley and making us play at a rivals ground

yet

though I guess if there are just a few fans still supporting the team then we shouldn't dismiss that being part of the ultimate game plan

Sums it up for me perfectly!
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I'm gonna use the 'commercially sensitive' statement when I get my phone call on why I haven't renewed.

How do you know that they want you to renew? My guess is that they don't as you haven't had a call.

;-)
  • Options
    Addickted said:

cabbles said:

jamescafc said:

I agree that people shouldn't be criticised for renewing as it's the choice of the individual.

The frustrating thing is, however, that a vast majority of our supporters are anti regime. If no one renewed (impossible to control I know) I don't see RD would have any option other than to sell.

No. I think those buying season tickets should be critisised at every opportunity. We need to make Duchatelet's running of the club as difficult as is possible. Handing over cash up front not only undermines that but gives him a PR victory.

Just my opinion but I think anyone who knows the score and understands what CARD represents and still buys a season ticket needs shooting.

I think that's an unnecessary comment and a bit insulting to a lot of people. I'm anti RD but I'm not letting him drive me away from Charlton and have bought a season ticket. some people won't understand that, but I shouldn't be criticized or shot.

You are supporting RD and everything he is trying to do.
    No he's not.

Getting a bit disappointed with some people on here having a pop at certain posters who have decided to renew - despite their anti regime feelings.

If somebody wants to buy a season ticket, even after taking into account how the club is being run, then it's got feck all to do with you or I.

You are of course right. It's got nothing to do with me.

Carry on giving Duchatelet money and support. Buy his hot dogs and lager. Make it easier for him to run the club.

On the plus side the season tickets will be cheaper still when we are in league 2.

• Options

I'd be interested to hear an argument as to why disclosing the number of season tickets sold is "commercially sensitive". What conceivable use is this information to any rival business, especially as they don't have the contact details of the non-renewals?

Given that anyone can get a fair idea from looking at the club's online booking system, what exactly is the commercial advantage in keeping a precise number secret?

I'd imagine it wouldn't help any conversation with sponsors or advertisers.
  • Options
    Now they know people are monitoring / counting, the cynic in me says that more and more tickets will start disappearing off sale giving the illusion of higher sales to encourage people to renew...
  • Options

I'd be interested to hear an argument as to why disclosing the number of season tickets sold is "commercially sensitive". What conceivable use is this information to any rival business, especially as they don't have the contact details of the non-renewals?

Given that anyone can get a fair idea from looking at the club's online booking system, what exactly is the commercial advantage in keeping a precise number secret?

I'd imagine it wouldn't help any conversation with sponsors or advertisers.
    That's a fair point, but it's not as if they can't ask.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Addickted said:

cabbles said:

jamescafc said:

I agree that people shouldn't be criticised for renewing as it's the choice of the individual.

The frustrating thing is, however, that a vast majority of our supporters are anti regime. If no one renewed (impossible to control I know) I don't see RD would have any option other than to sell.

No. I think those buying season tickets should be critisised at every opportunity. We need to make Duchatelet's running of the club as difficult as is possible. Handing over cash up front not only undermines that but gives him a PR victory.

Just my opinion but I think anyone who knows the score and understands what CARD represents and still buys a season ticket needs shooting.

I think that's an unnecessary comment and a bit insulting to a lot of people. I'm anti RD but I'm not letting him drive me away from Charlton and have bought a season ticket. some people won't understand that, but I shouldn't be criticized or shot.

No he's not.

Getting a bit disappointed with some people on here having a pop at certain posters who have decided to renew - despite their anti regime feelings.

If somebody wants to buy a season ticket, even after taking into account how the club is being run, then it's got feck all to do with you or I.

Carry on giving Duchatelet money and support. Buy his hot dogs and lager. Make it easier for him to run the club.

On the plus side the season tickets will be cheaper still when we are in league 2.

What do you care - you wont be there anyway.

Meanwhile cabbles will be supporting his team as he always has. If you seriously think £500k in ST sales to date is going to make the blindest bit of difference to our current owner, then you are sadly mistaken. It's a drop in the Ocean for him.
  • Options

dizzee said:

I understand a few exceptions but not 4,000 exceptions. Why are people buying ST's? It is what will help these people kill the club. Your short term gain is your long term loss.

Please don't take this too personally but just who is this post aimed at?

I suspect that the majority of the 4,000 (which is, incidentally 40% of the 'current' season ticket holders) don't even know what Charlton Life is, let alone come on here and have you, and about two hundred others, call them names and accuse them of destroying the club.

I am as frustrated as anyone else as to how the club is being run but Richard Murray does have a point when he says it's just a message board thing. Clearly he underestimates the numbers, but I feel as though posts like this are preaching to the converted. There is just no need for them.
    True true
  • Options
    And with your attitude CARD will not have anyone in the ground to protest.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Well let's agree to disagree but if 500k doesn't have any impact on RD then beach balls, stress balls and Pinochio masks won't frighten him.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Then they would have achieved something.
  • Options

Buying a season ticket is like feeding a dying animal. You are just creating a slow death which in turn will not enable it to be reborn.

Not buying a season ticket and therefore not feeding the animal will let it die quickly, ready to be re-born quickly.

Thank you, David Attenborough.

:smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

jamescafc said:

That's fair enough. I can't see it myself. You are supporting RD and everything he is trying to do.

I get the impression it's sometimes a bit like stamp collecting for some. " Ive had a season ticket for 22 years" not going to miss a season for any reason.

He won't get my money up front.

You've referenced it below, let's get this mob out. No need for anyone to judge anyone else for renewing or not renewing
  • Options

We'll each of us do it in our own way. Let's just get rid of this mob.

Hear Hear!

Here's the problem I see, I'm not convinced that a drop in revenue alone will make him decide to leave. If you believe the figure put forth by KM, he's putting 1m a month into the club. Even if you halve that number, a loss in ST revenue pales in comparison. He will recoup some in the summer by selling our good players and potentially anything not tied down, but the losses next year will be worse and thus far he hasn't made any public* noises about selling.

He has a lot of money, it will take many, many years before Charlton's losses are anything more than the equivalent of the change he could find in his couch. I think his plans for the club, for all his clubs, whatever they are, don't have much to do with money. Can't imagine he makes much, if anything, from STTV or Upjest, and Spanish clubs, especially in the lower divisions, have arguably as bad a record as English clubs with debt.

This is not to say don't boycott. For all of you who have not renewed you have my utmost respect for being able to abstain from something you've been doing for so long. Were I in your position I'm not sure I'd be able to do the same. For those not renewing, I get it, and while I hate the way this club is run, I support this club. Either way, I don't know that the boycotts or loss of revenue unto themselves will drive him out because frankly I have no idea what his endgame is.

*No public noises, but he did meet with Elliot last week. I know that the party line continues to be "the club isn't for sale" but it wouldn't surprise me if he's re-thinking that stance in private. The supporters email response team will, I'm sure, continue to say KM is staying and KM I imagine will continue to say the club isn't for sale because they're not good at admitting defeat, but I wouldn't be massively surprised if some group came along "with an offer too good to turn down."
  • Options

Now they know people are monitoring / counting, the cynic in me says that more and more tickets will start disappearing off sale giving the illusion of higher sales to encourage people to renew...

Blocking 15,000 seats would cause heart attacks on here...
  • Options

Blocking 15,000 seats would cause heart attacks on here...
    And in St. Truiden and the SMT, I'd imagine.

It'd be rather difficult to spin that as normal fan disaffection.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

jamescafc said:

I agree. Nothing less painful than being hung and quartered should be considered :wink:
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

cabbles said:

jamescafc said:

No he's not.

Meanwhile cabbles will be supporting his team as he always has. If you seriously think £500k in ST sales to date is going to make the blindest bit of difference to our current owner, then you are sadly mistaken. It's a drop in the Ocean for him.
    You forget what a tight git Duchatelet is. Duchatelet did not get rich by not worrying about the cents and pennies.
  • Options
    vff said:

Addickted said:

Addickted said:

cabbles said:

jamescafc said:

No he's not.

You forget what a tight git Duchatelet is. Duchatelet did not get rich by not worrying about the cents and pennies.
    And I won't stop supporting my team because of some Belgian megalomaniac.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!