Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets Sold (22/04/16)

Comments

• Options
    The £175 offer has put 1000 on the "real" number.

There will be 4500 sold by the start of the season (under this regime) I reckon.
    The club will say it is because of relegation - but we know the truth !

Another failure by KM - but she seems unsackable.
  • Options
    "Our ground's too big for us!" will be the chant of the season....
  • Options
    edited April 2016

"Our ground's too big for us!" will be the chant of the season....

Although there won't be many there to chant it. Having said that, if there is a migration from the upper north to lower north it might actually improve the atmosphere, unless the singers end up split between the two tiers, in which case it will be dire.
  • Options
    From what little I know of how football finances work (they change so often it's hard to keep up) championship TV money has jumped significantly in the past couple years. Nowhere near premier league levels but it makes the jump from league one to champ a lot more significant financially than it was.

As you change leagues your financing dynamic has to shift drastically. In the lower leagues it obviously relies a lot more heavily on fan income.

If fan finances were (I think she said) 33% in the championship and TV revenue is so much lower in League One, I think she might be looking for finances to be more like 50-60% at least in League One... Plucking figures out of the air based on a little guess I've had (I'm sure someone like airman can correct me, and please do!) TV revenue for each club is approx £5million in Champ, and £1 million in League One. Having looked at our turnover for Y/E June 2014 we had turnover of £12.7m.. That would mean that fan revenues would be approximately £4million. TV money is more than fan revenues in this scenario. Now, fan revenues will (even with a fairly decent boycott) probably be the biggest single source of funding...

They need us... Every season ticket not sold is a significantly higher hit to them than it would have been in the championship....

The question then becomes... How do they fill the gap in funding... Selling assets? Funding them themselves? (lol) Who knows...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    dickplumb said:

It is no good bleating on about wanting RD out and then going and renewing your Season ticket. The best way to get rid of Duchatelet is to starve him out. No buying of food or drink, no buying of Club merchandise, no programme, no season ticket and no attendance at home games.
    I know it is hard but that is what I will be doing next season until the Douchebag and his lapdog have gone.

Here here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I also worry that all of this is geared to getting him out before the start of next season, which if it works is brilliant. But if somehow he is still here next year? What then? The protests will fizzle out as those anti the regime will not be there. Then other fans/the media will just see poor attendance and think fans didn't wanna watch league one football.
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Airman there are a number of seats which are indicated as unavailable for sale. There are no seats for sale in East Stand Block A, although 2 seats have been sold in West Lower Block H.

That's a glitch in the set-up - East A is on sale separately from East B and then shown with it too. In the latter case, it's unavailable, but in the former it's on sale - and they've sold 7 seats.

Take your point re the unavailable seats (in the case of Row O that's because they don't exist!), although the staff comps etc should just show as sold seats, not unavailable. Comps will nearly all be in the lower west, as will players comps and could easily amount to a couple of hundred, which is one reason why the lower west will look busier than it really is. Against that, wheelchairs spaces won't show up on the online system.

Frankly all the sales figures in all stands are very poor apart from the lower north.

Bearing in mind that some people always buy after the deadline anyway, they are 50-60 per cent down at this stage IMO.
    Out of interest is your estimate against last season or against the last time we were relegated?

What is 'unique' about football is that a hardcore will always attend regardless of the quality of the football / success of the team and no doubt RD is relying on that.

The final number of season tickets sold will hinge on either a change in ownership or some tangible evidence of player and managerial recruitment before August.

Be interesting to see if he club make any concession on the early bird cut off or some other incentive to renew in the immediate weeks. Not looking that way given deadline has now passed but you never know.

My guess is, in the absence of a sale, the next announcement will be about Riga. That won't impact season ticket sales alone however so I'd expect the numbers to drift for a good while.

• Options
    It will look a lot better on TV when the goal highlights are shown. Football is a product that is sold on the package of the game and the atmosphere. If it looks like nobody is interested in going to the game then the TV viewer is also going to be less interested. Show a game where the home fans are packing out the stand and the TV viewer will also want to be there
  • Options

It will look a lot better on TV when the goal highlights are shown. Football is a product that is sold on the package of the game and the atmosphere. If it looks like nobody is interested in going to the game then the TV viewer is also going to be less interested. Show a game where the home fans are packing out the stand and the TV viewer will also want to be there

It'll be a shame then, that the most regular views that the TV viewer is likely to have will be the East and West Stands.

Even in the highlights, they mostly show linking play.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Dansk_Red said:

Airman there are a number of seats which are indicated as unavailable for sale. There are no seats for sale in East Stand Block A, although 2 seats have been sold in West Lower Block H.

That's a glitch in the set-up - East A is on sale separately from East B and then shown with it too. In the latter case, it's unavailable, but in the former it's on sale - and they've sold 7 seats.

Take your point re the unavailable seats (in the case of Row O that's because they don't exist!), although the staff comps etc should just show as sold seats, not unavailable. Comps will nearly all be in the lower west, as will players comps and could easily amount to a couple of hundred, which is one reason why the lower west will look busier than it really is. Against that, wheelchairs spaces won't show up on the online system.

Frankly all the sales figures in all stands are very poor apart from the lower north.

Bearing in mind that some people always buy after the deadline anyway, they are 50-60 per cent down at this stage IMO.
    Out of interest is your estimate against last season or against the last time we were relegated?

What is 'unique' about football is that a hardcore will always attend regardless of the quality of the football / success of the team and no doubt RD is relying on that.

The final number of season tickets sold will hinge on either a change in ownership or some tangible evidence of player and managerial recruitment before August.

Be interesting to see if he club make any concession on the early bird cut off or some other incentive to renew in the immediate weeks. Not looking that way given deadline has now passed but you never know.

My guess is, in the absence of a sale, the next announcement will be about Riga. That won't impact season ticket sales alone however so I'd expect the numbers to drift for a good while.

The difference isn't as big as you might think because we had 9,000 STs in L1, give or take, in 10/11 and 11/12, and reportedly 10,000 this season, which is similar to 09/10 in L1. We had 11,500 in 12/13.

That said, you would expect a drop-off in L1 this time regardless of any boycott.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's still 4 months to the start of the next season, there will be a lot of people out there who haven't renewed yet, but want to...

Come the start of the next season it'll be interesting how many "crack" even if RD and KM are still there
  • Options
    I was told that they had about 500 disabled tickets this season, although whether that's 1000 people (ie 500 disabled + 500 carers) or 500 people (250 disabled + 250 carers). You get £50 off the ticket and the carer ticket is free.
  • Options
    robroy said:

I did not want to renew mine but my Dad wanted too, so I did in the end. Solely for the reason of spending each Saturday with my dad in the pub and having a few beers. I have protested at every game and will continue to do so.

What if Roland keeps the club for another five years? I'm 34 and gone since I was 4. Its in my blood.

My Dad won't be about forever and spending time with him is too valuable to me to give up. I don't want to look back and regret not spending my Saturday's with him going to matches due to some twat who owns the club.

What will be sad is the amount of passionate people that have not renewed that won't be there to protest next season, it will make their life easier for KM and Roland.

This is almost identical to me (even to your age) but I did want to renew. I will always renew.

Complete paradox given I want them out but that's just the way it is for me. I'm not letting this administration drive me out of my club
  • Options
    buckshee said:

82 in the family , that should be the biggest worry for them.

Maybe but with hindsight it is to be expected. Children have a much lower tolerance of watching rubbish football, and especially seeing their side lose. My son has had a season ticket for four three years and this season I've struggled to get him to come to two matches and on both occasions it has had to involve a bribe.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

82 in the family , that should be the biggest worry for them.

Sings the Addams Family song to himself...
  • Options
    I believe there is a sense of "ownership" among season ticket holders in the lower west around where I sit. Many bought VIP 10 year tickets in 1992 before the valley was actually secured. I always felt those seats are mine forever so long as I pay a reasonable 'fee' each year. No one (certainly not idiots like RD) has the right to take them from my family.

I know this doesn't really excuse those of us who have renewed. But I think it is worth remembering that some people may feel that they are actually giving in to RD by NOT renewing!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

robroy said:

I did not want to renew mine but my Dad wanted too, so I did in the end. Solely for the reason of spending each Saturday with my dad in the pub and having a few beers. I have protested at every game and will continue to do so.

What if Roland keeps the club for another five years? I'm 34 and gone since I was 4. Its in my blood.

My Dad won't be about forever and spending time with him is too valuable to me to give up. I don't want to look back and regret not spending my Saturday's with him going to matches due to some twat who owns the club.

What will be sad is the amount of passionate people that have not renewed that won't be there to protest next season, it will make their life easier for KM and Roland.

This is almost identical to me (even to your age) but I did want to renew. I will always renew.

Complete paradox given I want them out but that's just the way it is for me. I'm not letting this administration drive me out of my club
    As it stands, it's Roland's Charlton - not yours.
  • Options
    RanTooFar said:

cabbles said:

robroy said:

As it stands, it's Roland's Charlton - not yours.
    Depends on who you think a football club belongs to really.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!