Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland at Charlton today

Comments

• Slightly surprising that TK is included. You'd expect to take your CEO and CFO, you'd normally only take your COO to initial meetings if they were any good.

So either things are more progressed than I had thought, or the Roland thinks TK is good.

Hoping for the former, fear the latter.

If the result is the sale of the club then it doesn't really matter what Roland thinks of Ballbags though does it?

*fingers crossed*
    No, let's hope they manage to agree a quick deal and fuck off into memory.
  • edited April 2016
    Thanks from me too as I work in Central London and couldn't join in.
  • seth plum said:

rikofold said:

I would think RD, KM, TK and David Joyes.

This is what I know.
    Those four.
    Taking them to a meeting that will,fingers crossed, essentially leave them without a job?

Bit of a weird one.
  • edited April 2016
    Jarman said:

PL54 said:

mogodon said:

LouisMend said:
    The actions of a man so keen to improve communication that he cannot even face six people holding a banner. If he had a degree of common sense (and someone to advise on PR) he would have invited them in for a quick chat. So no photos as inside, and he can then honestly say he met with protesters and listened to what they had toi say. Shows how clueless the club is and how pathetic / spineless he is.
    People on here and elsewhere have been wishing him dead.

Why would he pop over for a chat ?
    Wind it in mate.
    You pipe up on every single Regime related thread now, you're act is becoming overly tedious.
    Is my point not valid and probably accurate ?

You're * jarring me.

* correct use
  • seth plum said:

rikofold said:

I would think RD, KM, TK and David Joyes.

This is what I know.
    Those four.
    Taking them to a meeting that will,fingers crossed, essentially leave them without a job?

Bit of a weird one.
    Happens all the time with takeovers, mergers and redundancies. A team from management has to manage the process knowing that they will be part of the solution. It's usual to use incentives in these scenarios.

• Maybe he's just here for the queens birthday?

What's his name?
  • Sponsored links:

• If they lock you out, go to ScrewFix and get some heavy duty security chains and lock them in!

That's a brilliant idea :-)
  • Wasn't he supposed to be at the AGM of his company in Belgium today?
  • Something tells me that the statement a couple of days ago was written by a PR person just doing their job with actually no input from Roland or Katrien and shouldn't be taken as a sign of them sticking around.

I think Roland is here today to discuss selling up, it just makes sense. If he wasn't then it'd be fucking stupid even from him to lock the gates and hide from 8 supporters who want to ask some questions. Would have been a good sign of communication and not exactly a strenuous exercise for Roland.

Whether or not talks progress past today we'll have to wait and see.

I all but guarantee the statement from Tuesday night was written by a PR person. And as I said at the time, as well it should be, that's what they're there for!

I am cautiously optimistic that you're right and this is a sign that selling is now a serious consideration for Roland. The fact that he's (allegedly) meeting Paul Elliot is a huge step forward when you consider he ignored Varney for months.
  • LoOkOuT said:

PL54 said:

There's many here wishing you the same, but you hang around hoping for a chat.
    Oh dear

Again
  • Don't forget if you haven't already voted Roland owns Melexis ;)
    http://www.vlerick.com/en/our-community/alumni/vlerick-award-voting
  • 19th May 2016 - 'Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship'

21st May 2016 - Gates are locked to stop supporters from talking to the owner on a rare visit to the club.

Lovely stuff.

Did you just get up? I thought I had missed a month of my life!
  • Maybe he's just here for the queens birthday?

She's the mystery buyer.

Well, she's fed up with Prince Charles moping around all day, talking to his plants, so she's decided to buy him a football club to give him something to do
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

Don't forget if you haven't already voted Roland owns Melexis ;)

Us on Twitter are big fans of Eric Domb, think he's done an absolutely excellent job in his role considering all of the set backs he's had over the past year.

Domb for Vlerick Award 2016!
    Nah, Pardew lookylikey. Rudi for me, so much potential...... Vote Rudi
  • edited April 2016
    SDAddick said:

Something tells me that the statement a couple of days ago was written by a PR person just doing their job with actually no input from Roland or Katrien and shouldn't be taken as a sign of them sticking around.

I think Roland is here today to discuss selling up, it just makes sense. If he wasn't then it'd be fucking stupid even from him to lock the gates and hide from 8 supporters who want to ask some questions. Would have been a good sign of communication and not exactly a strenuous exercise for Roland.

Whether or not talks progress past today we'll have to wait and see.

I all but guarantee the statement from Tuesday night was written by a PR person. And as I said at the time, as well it should be, that's what they're there for!

I am cautiously optimistic that you're right and this is a sign that selling is now a serious consideration for Roland. The fact that he's (allegedly) meeting Paul Elliot is a huge step forward when you consider he ignored Varney for months.
    It's the perfect time for him to sell, club still has more value than it will do in a years time under his ownership and I don't think he'd be confident of getting us promoted or even want to given the amount of money he'd have to spend. His model isn't feasible in league 1 so this means that this relegation has set back his plans by 2/3/4+ years. Given that he is already 69, by the time he even gets a chance to see if his model will work then he will be in his mid 70's and tens of millions out of pocket. It's just right for him that he sells now.

If he does sell I'd also be inclined to say that he has been thinking of selling for a while and that that is the reason that Katrien has been allowed to stick around for so long.

Roland out.
  • 19th May 2016 - 'Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship'

21st May 2016 - Gates are locked to stop supporters from talking to the owner on a rare visit to the club.

Lovely stuff.

Did you just get up? I thought I had missed a month of my life!
    Ha, at least I got the year right. It's hard on the brain being a Charlton fan
  • #voteEric
  • seth plum said:

Was there.
    About 10 were there in total.
    A very cool flashmob, everything very convivial, but determined as usual.
    It was a forlorn hope that Roland would come out and speak to us, but every other member of the Charlton staff we encountered were top notch, absolutely top notch.
    I am certain Roland, Joynes, Miere, and Keohane left, very likely by Valley Grove, and I believe are heading to central London.
    Nice to be part of this little effort today, but the campaign must continue.

Well done everyone who was able to get there
  • T.C.E said:

Don't forget if you haven't already voted Roland owns Melexis ;)

Us on Twitter are big fans of Eric Domb, think he's done an absolutely excellent job in his role considering all of the set backs he's had over the past year.

Domb for Vlerick Award 2016!
    Quote from Erik Domb's CV "Previous to founding Pairi Daiza, Mr Domb worked as a lawyer and a finance consultant".
    Not another bloody lawyer:)
  • PL54 said:

mogodon said:

LouisMend said:
    The actions of a man so keen to improve communication that he cannot even face six people holding a banner. If he had a degree of common sense (and someone to advise on PR) he would have invited them in for a quick chat. So no photos as inside, and he can then honestly say he met with protesters and listened to what they had toi say. Shows how clueless the club is and how pathetic / spineless he is.

He's not the only one on the list :-)
  • Boom said:

Which one's you BaldyBonce?
    the good looking one obviously.
    You looked in the mirror lately?
  • LoOkOuT said:

PL54 said:

There's many here wishing you the same, but you hang around hoping for a chat.
    In fairness, it's more about winding people up than intercourse with them.