Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland at Charlton today

Comments

• edited April 2016

People aren't following them into Central London?

Wheres the commitment?

I've chartered a rickshaw mate. Pick you up at 1pm.
  • edited April 2016
    Where'sRoly?
  • LouisMend said:

Wheres the commitment?

I'm in central London. I'll let you know if I see him walk past my office window.
    As will I.
  • edited April 2016

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Please everyone keep there eyes open tomorrow we need to know if he is here or in Belgium!!!

Charlton staff were all very friendly :)

4 of them have went to a high level meeting in central London apparently!

Who is the 4th?

RD, KM, Tony Cahones and David Joyes I guess.

Must be with an external party if they are meeting away from the Valley.

My bet is that Roland has demanded a meeting with the Football League where he will set out his vision and why the league should change all their rules at once, do things his way and reinstate us in the Championship.

Either that or just having a nice lunch to celebrate a successful season.
    Maybe a celebratory slap up meal at the OXO Tower then?
  • Let's hope he is meeting Varney and his investors in London
  • LouisMend said:

Wheres the commitment?

I'm in central London. I'll let you know if I see him walk past my office window.
    As will I.
    Me too. Although being on the 4th floor I'll be alarmed if he does.
    My window looks directly onto another building so again not likely.
  • So, there is no truth in the rumour* that Roland left the Valley, with Katrien and Tony, and drove straight to Sparrows Lane, to terminate Jose Riga's contract? And left instructions to tell any protestors they were off to a "high level meeting in London"?

(* ...that I have just made up)
  • Rick said on Twitter that he expects them to meet Paul Elliott at some point during this trip so, and this is only speculation, it would make sense if it was him.
  • Sponsored links:

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

If this is real we need to get people down there!!!

Lead by example and get down there then. Think your days of rallying the troops are done.

Mission accomplished on both counts thanks :)

Life in the old dog yet
  • rikofold said:

I would think RD, KM, TK and David Joyes.

This is what I know.
    Those four.
    3blokes said:

This isn't going to be the sort of "meeting" in a hotel that will require a Super Injunction later on, is it?
    Roland misinterpreting the notion of Roland Out....

He's been gagging Murray and Meire for months by all accounts.
  • Slightly surprising that TK is included. You'd expect to take your CEO and CFO, you'd normally only take your COO to initial meetings if they were any good.

So either things are more progressed than I had thought, or the Roland thinks TK is good.

Hoping for the former, fear the latter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Please God say they're selling. And that Paul Elliot's gang are of the same mindset as Murray circa 1990's.
  • Slightly surprising that TK is included. You'd expect to take your CEO and CFO, you'd normally only take your COO to initial meetings if they were any good.

So either things are more progressed than I had thought, or the Roland thinks TK is good.

If the result is the sale of the club then it doesn't really matter what Roland thinks of Ballbags though does it?

*fingers crossed*
  • Buyers would want to know things like catering spend per head, retail income, ticket sales and about the training ground development so maybe they are there to answer those questions or it's a case of KM wanting lots of human shields again.

Or it's not a meeting with buyers at all.

He's there in case it all kicks off. ;)
  • Let's hope Roly doesn't drop the N bomb when he meets him or tries to give any kind of gang 'handshake'.

He's already got the Biggie Smalls gold railings
    RD's are more exclusive......24kt beige.
  • mogodon said:

LouisMend said:
    The actions of a man so keen to improve communication that he cannot even face six people holding a banner. If he had a degree of common sense (and someone to advise on PR) he would have invited them in for a quick chat. So no photos as inside, and he can then honestly say he met with protesters and listened to what they had toi say. Shows how clueless the club is and how pathetic / spineless he is.
    People on here and elsewhere have been wishing him dead.

Why would he pop over for a chat ?
  • seth plum said:

Was there.
    About 10 were there in total.
    A very cool flashmob, everything very convivial, but determined as usual.
    It was a forlorn hope that Roland would come out and speak to us, but every other member of the Charlton staff we encountered were top notch, absolutely top notch.
    I am certain Roland, Joynes, Miere, and Keohane left, very likely by Valley Grove, and I believe are heading to central London.
    Nice to be part of this little effort today, but the campaign must continue.

Maybe that's because they know that the club is being sold and there's a sense of relief? Or, maybe I'm reading too much in to it...
  • LouisMend said:

Wheres the commitment?

As will I.
    Me too. Although being on the 4th floor I'll be alarmed if he does.
    Get ready to wave to him on his way past your window, Rodders.