Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton v Charlton - Post Match Thread - RELEGATED

Relegated in a non-event 0-0 bore draw in an empty stadium by an already relegated team in front of 100 away fans.

Some things are still very 'Charlton' !

Comments

• Yeah, that wasn't fun.
  • For those who went , who didn't acknowledge the fans at the end?
  • Yeah, well, don't worry, most of them won't be here next season!
  • At least be holding for a draw Boltan can't catch us so we are saved the embarrassment of finishing last!
  • edited April 2016
    Quite a decent write-up on the Mail website: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3548601/Bolton-0-0-Charlton-Addicks-relegated-League-One-Trotters-stalemate.html

Some quotes:

"Fans have been lost, protests taking greater precedence than results as Duchatelet’s reign lurches from one PR disaster to another. That Jackson was made to sit at a fans’ forum and stick up for the regime before Christmas was bad enough. Its got worse since. Everything but their award-winning community scheme is an embarrassment."

"More baffling public relations came in the days preceding this definite relegation, the beleaguered chief executive Katrien Meire further enraged supporters by taking a 10-day holiday in Dubai. The woman who finds the depth of feeling by supporters ‘weird’. {...} Maybe she does not understand that hers is not a normal job and taking leave with the club at a low point would go unnoticed. Maybe she did not care. There was no chance of them staying up after only drawing at Ipswich on April 6 anyway."

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the other thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazing how we took so many fans. That's 100 more than this shit deserve. I don't know how people still care that much at the moment.

243 in the away end.

Mugged off at the end by almost all the players and all of the staff. Only Jackson, Lookman, Lennon and Pope went over.

Classless and supreme representation of the owners.
    They really are Roland's players spineless fuckers, it's hardly a lot to ask to show a bit of respect to those that had travelled all the way there and spent there hard earned, it's not even as if u can say they were upset, they haven't really put a shift in all season hence why we are relegated, yes Roland's a wanker and yes the managerial decisions have been shocking but some of the players this season have been shite, 5/6 good performances near the end of a season isn't good enough.

• edited April 2016
  • OK, first things first. Does anyone still think that Jose Riga is the man to lead us to forward into broad, sunlit uplands?
  • Amazing how we took so many fans. That's 100 more than this shit deserve. I don't know how people still care that much at the moment.

243 in the away end.

Mugged off at the end by almost all the players and all of the staff. Only Jackson, Lookman, Lennon and Pope went over.

Classless and supreme representation of the owners.
    Yeah pretty poor of the majority to just slope off. I mean, I'd have been put off coming too close by the bunch of morons shouting and screaming at them at the front of the stand - but a little clap or something would have been welcome...

Jacko looked pretty devastated.
  • Son was there... Said we were crap. No fight and clueless.
  • Sponsored links:

• This just on the club website: "This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club"

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-charlton-athletic-relegation-to-league-one-3068129.aspx
  • Son was there... Said we were crap. No fight and clueless.

The lack of urgency was just so poor, I know we were down whatever happened really, but there was no desire to win that game from either team.
  • How many points off of safety were we when Fraeye was sacked ?
  • This just on the club website: "This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club"

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-charlton-athletic-relegation-to-league-one-3068129.aspx

oh do fuck off
  • I wonder if he is going to try a stare out with the North stand again on Saturday? For some reason, when the Upbeats were doing their wonderful lap on Saturday with beaming smiles and uplifting passion, all I could think of was a sulky JBG in the centre circle starring us out a few games before. Cheerio son.
  • that was one of the worst matches I have seen for many years by two teams where most players had little ability and no interest, for us the exceptions were
    Pope - one brilliant save and a good command of his area
    Lennon - a commanding young defender
    Lookman - he tried, perhaps too hard
    Mak - tried but useless
    Harriott - he never gives up but not a striker
  • that was one of the worst matches I have seen for many years by two teams where most players had little ability and no interest, for us the exceptions were
    Pope - one brilliant save and a good command of his area
    Lennon - a commanding young defender
    Lookman - he tried, perhaps too hard
    Mak - tried but useless
    Harriott - he never gives up but not a striker

My nan could command the area against Bolton.
    Mak being useless against them sums him up, he will be lucky to keep a wage at a Professional Club, he honestly is a donkey.