Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton v Charlton - Post Match Thread - RELEGATED

13»

Comments

• iamdan said:

Nice pro.

Why's he giving his two pence worth, he wasnt with Lil Chef when they were in League One nor was he with Palarse when we've played them?
    It's because the covered end ripped him a new one when THD had him on his arse with a dummy by the tunnel earlier in the season
    Hahahahahaha completely forgot that... One of the highlights from the season!!
  • Barry who? Genuinely never heard of him.

No-mark
  • I was going to say a lot about the match but like the majority of players of both sides on the pitch I just can't be bothered, what I will say is

if you have one of the lowest player budgets then you finish in one of the lowest positions

simple
  • barry bannan showing that sheffield wednesday do care about us and are still sore about us ruining there cup final, all i know is were all

wasnt insulting a race, scotland arent going to the euros and they do have highland games.

Teasing :wink:
  • boggzy said:

Barry who? Genuinely never heard of him.

No-mark

Ooh, big man
  • Welcome back.

If you want any advice on how to cope in this league then don't hesitate to ask.

I don't think their owners are planning on staying in L1 very long,
    just passing through really. They might be better off going to a
    Northampton forum for advice on getting out of L2. Or forward plan even further,
    by checking out the Cheltenham forum for advice.
  • OK, first things first. Does anyone still think that Jose Riga is the man to lead us to forward into broad, sunlit uplands?

I think he brings confidence out in players and that is extremely valuable, Chris Powell would be my choice, but can't see past Riga being the best under Dushitaface we'll get.
  • iamdan said:

Nice pro.

I think he has deleted it.

I don't get the karma thing.
    Ex Palace? didn't get it myself tbh.
  • Was Squirrel Face there last night to witness the result of her foray into running a football club? I do hope so. And for her own safety I would advise she doesn't try to walk to the ground on Saturday. Passions are running high.
  • Sponsored links:

• How is Duchatelet allowed to do this by the FA and Football League?

The same way as the Oystons are allowed to destroy Blackpool. If you're not in jail you're a fit and proper person.

The same way as the Oystons are allowed to destroy Blackpool. If you're not in jail you're a fit and proper person.
    And from the point of view of the FA, we're just a team that got relegated. We may be incompetently run, but that's no reason to intervene.

And from the point of view of the FA, we're just a team that got relegated. We may be incompetently run, but that's no reason to intervene.

There is nobody at the FA who could sort out the mess Blackpool. Leeds and us find ourselves in. They are just a bunch of G&T swigging tossers who are nicking a living from the game we love.
    Blackpool were far worse than us, relegated from the PL with nice parachute payments, and without spending much, yet 3 years later get into August with 8 players, a quagmire of a pitch and still with a terrible training ground. A definite case of "where's the money gone"

There is nobody at the FA who could sort out the mess Blackpool. Leeds and us find ourselves in. They are just a bunch of G&T swigging tossers who are nicking a living from the game we love.
    Blackpool were far worse than us, relegated from the PL with nice parachute payments, and without spending much, yet 3 years later get into August with 8 players, a quagmire of a pitch and still with a terrible training ground. A definite case of "where's the money gone"
    Exactly my point, it happened under the noses of the FA and on their watch. Far to tetchy a subject for them to get involved in though, any decision above regular or slimline tonic is beyond them.
  • edited April 2016
    I can just take relegation and can stand a defeat .. BUT NOT last night's fiasco .. a supposed new formation and tactics a 3 7 1 it looked like .. w t f !! .. no effort, no balls, no fight, no cohesion, no spirit, no fucking idea .. just total confusion and/or going through the motions. A curse and pox on them all .. If the players can't be bothered to play for pride as well as their wages, then they should all just fuck off .. the same applies to Riga, flashy tactics and shapes imposed on a team which has not got a clue, experimenting for next season are we .. José, do one a s a p .. make way for an ENGLISH manager

There is a so called 'apology' from Miere published in today's 'Sun' .. I don't really blame her, she was way over her head ever since she was appointed. Duchatelet still wants £38 Million, let's hope that something changes very quickly before next season else we will take another tumble .. after last night, as I wrote above, so far as I am concerned, the whole lot can just .......... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

EDIT .. I had the chance to go to Turf Moor last night to see a proper game between 2 teams going for gold .. instead I chose Bolton v CAFC .. what a dunce I am ((:<)
  • I'd take Astrit back in a flash
  • The player's know it is their fault. They are the ones that have run around like twats for 43 games and conspired to become the second worst team in the league. If they were public servants they would be voted out, unfortunately we accept too low standards and still clap them for turning in poor performances, which we as fans pay for. Win or lose the players get paid. Win or lose the fans still pay for tickets. The behaviour at the end of tonights game is shameful and should be held up as unacceptable for the last time. The player's owe the fans everything, for without them, they have no employment. Fuck SKY, they aren't clammering to screen matches involving two piss poor teams at the bottom. Shame on those that walked away tonight. Apologies are necessary.

They get paid for drawing as well. And the fans get behind them when they draw as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think this is what he meant to tweet.

JBG
  • Only back a few hours ago & just playing catch up on here.

My view of last night was that both teams knew they had nothing to play for....except pride.

We were always going down - end of. 3 points wouldn't have made any difference to the inevitable outcome.

BUT, both teams did lie down & die at the Macron and the spectacle was one I hope never to witness again in my Charlton supporting days.

It was a total non event.

The thing is, the fans are depressed and, TBH, I'd guess 30% or more of those that travelled yesterday probably only did so because of the free coach travel. The other 70% are the die hards who rarely miss a game home or away. We can't wait for the season to be over but it's a labour of love and a habit that's difficult to kick. I have to admit that I questioned why we would drive for 11 hours in total plus pay for an overnighter to see our team relegated, because that was always likely to be the outcome. But, it's what we do.

The players must also be depressed as this disastrous season draws to a close but of course, the difference is that they're paid to play the Beautiful Game. But they're not immune to what's been happening at their club : the okey cokey manager fiasco, the introduction of fellow pros who should never have been at Championship club, the injuries that nearly every player has experienced & found difficult to shake off and of course, the toxic atmosphere around the club itself. Their agents must be urging them to leave for greener pastures , whilst our "home brewed" lads especially must be torn between loyalty to the Mother Ship and their future in the game. This is the first time I have heard from a decent source that Chris Solly wants to leave....and that says it all for me.

So, last night the ingredients were there for all to see & a recipe for disaster was on the cards...and so it came to pass.

Some of the players did come over to thank our fans after the final whistle , notably JJ with Popey & Harry whilst I recall young Lookie standing , well, looking at us as if he was unsure what to do. And this was due to a group of our "fans" who had been screaming at the players from a row near the pitch from start to finish whilst a couple of others , old enough to know better, did nothing but shout obscenities from further back in the stand. Yes, we're all frustrated and angry - and rightly so - but why bother to travel all that way , be part of , what was always going to be a very small group , to spend 90mins abusing the guys you came ( supposedly) to support ? Yes, the performance was incredibly poor but was there really the need for the totally OTT behaviour of some.

For my sins, I'll be at Elland Road in 10 days time before hanging up my hair shirt for a couple of months and I sincerely hope that those who choose to be there with me will come for the right reasons. The time to shout, spit, swear even is in protest before, during and after the last 2 home games at The Valley. Save your venom for the regime.

And I'd take a bet that a good few of our players would join in if they could.

You've certainly suffered for the club this season!