Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Views Charlton v Derby

as no one else has done it , I s'pose I might as well, just tell us how we was robbed (again)

Comments

• Bloody unlucky
  • Was the old Meire at the game today?
  • Anyone on here willing to own up to booing and jeering Makienok? It doesn't seem to matter if this bloke has a good game (which he did when he came on, and did vs QPR last week), he still gets abuse.

Plenty in the north upper do it, and some of you must post on here. I'd love to understand your reasoning.

Agreed as he won every header today.
  • Not a great game, not diabolical. The better side won, by the right margin.
  • Why was our goal disallowed both Carson and defender shit themselves, never a foul
  • Sponsored links:

• Played well and more than matched Derby but we do look impotent despite Vetokele having a decent game today.

Typical we get a goal chalked off and then go and concede form a corner. I feel the decision was correct though as Teixeira didn't go for the ball.

Harriot saw a lot of the ball but was a little frustrating in his final delivery. Lookman was the usual target for late challenges. Cousins won his personal duel with Butterfield and was wry ably supported by Diarra. Thought the back four looked fairly comfortable, in particular against the sneaky and obnoxious Martin.

Thought Pope's double save was ansolutely fantastic- as good as watching a goal. Seems to have established himself as No.1 and with no Hendersonon the bench it is clear his Charlton days are pretty much over.

Last few minutes why did Makienok not throw himself at that cross? Seemed he only needed to make contact for it to be a goal.

Sat in front of John Salako and Andy Hughes. There scouting for Palace. Were unwilling to tell me who they were watching but did say that there were three in our team worth watching. I'm assuming it's Lookman, Cousins and JBG.
    Interesting that Salamo was hit really aware of the protests and Hughes looked like he would rather be elsewhere.

All in all another positive performance despite the result. And news that there may be more takeover opportunities has me a little. Ore hopeful.

Saw Salako, was that a palarse top he had on?
  • Depressing stuff....Derby appeared to be going through the motions (play off assured) and still were able to beat us. Two delightful step overs by Lookman, a worldie from Pope and Igor going so close in the second half from Lookman corner, were only highlights. Carson went down like a sack of spuds...no goal.

Trains are awful at the moment (not just SE) and getting to games an increasing hassle. And then to be served up pretty tame stuff.

Half time my face dropped when reminded we are back here again next Saturday against rampant Seagulls.
  • Tuesday night promises to be a bundle of laughs .. a case of which set of fans can cry the most tears and hurl the most abuse at their players ..
    as for me, I'll be looking at it as a precursor for next season when the Addicks and the Trotters are vying for glory at the top of Division One !!
  • edited April 2016
    Glad the season is now over and my thoughts can turn to my holiday. Looking forward to spending my ST money on a few pina colada's
  • But, yeah, the team:

- Pope, wow that was absolute magic when he made those saves. Genuinely didn't know how. Was let down for the goal. Couple of shaky moments in that he can't command the box all too well, but an exciting keeping prospect.
    - Solly wasn't at his best today. Tidy footballer, nothing particularly remarkable or unremarkable.
    - Fanni gives me the willies (lol) in that he looks like he could make a terrible mistake... But he didn't, and hasn't really thus far. Played pretty well.
    - Teixeira was like a less noticeable Fanni, played alright. Has no pace and that scares me.
    - Fox was poor. I hate to say it, because he always gets a hard time. But he did more bad stuff than good stuff.
    - Diarra was pretty decent. Looked a bit Bambi-like at times, but combative and did a job.
    - JBG was anonymous. Such a selfish footballer. Then again maybe his "ear problem" affected him... I dunno. But clearly saving himself for the Euros.
    - Lookman makes me excited. But he's going, so I'm trying to be stoic. But ah man what a guy.
    - Cousins - heart will break when he goes. Didn't play that well, but yeah.
    - Harriott tore apart their defence at times! Loved watching him; Riga clearly has a great effect.
    - Igor was good first half, anonymous second.

Subs: None were really on long enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh, and look what happens when we don't protest - we lose. I understand why CARD wouldn't have wanted to clash with Upbeats day, but it's cost us.
  • I thought Fanni and Diarra were excellent today. Lookie showed some magic too. Shame we won't see them next year. God knows who we will see, other than, as the fans sang, Shrewsbury.
  • Derby looked very ordinary, a typical upper Championship side, good enough to be around the playoff places, but miles away from being competitive in the PL if they go up
  • For a big lump, Chris Martin went down easier than we have this season.
  • redman said:

Anyone on here willing to own up to booing and jeering Makienok? It doesn't seem to matter if this bloke has a good game (which he did when he came on, and did vs QPR last week), he still gets abuse.

Plenty in the north upper do it, and some of you must post on here. I'd love to understand your reasoning.

Agreed as he won every header today.
    Except the one that came across and he managed to miss for a certain goal!

What the one where the defender got there first? He did ok today but overall has been very poor.

That Pope save was top, top drawer.
  • seth plum said:

PWR.

The Pope double save was better than that Kasper Schmeical save of a couple of years ago.

Thats is all.

Yeah great double save. Not quite Jim Montgomery, but not far off.
  • For a big lump, Chris Martin went down easier than we have this season.

He always does. Learnt that at the feet of the master diver, Grant Holt, when he was at Norwich.