Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Duchatelet the Failure - Congratulate him here!

1235»

Comments

• If he was to ever read this thread, he'd probably be chuckling to himself thinking 'It's so sad how these thick, unemployed people have nothing else in their lives apart from football - how pathetic'
  • First I rescue you
    Then I hoodwink you
    Then I disdain you
    Then I .... go/destroy you* (*delete as appropriate)

Apologies to Ghandi Henry Irving

My dear Duchatelet, all bridges are broken, all bets are off.
    Your deluded mission from your remote residence in Cuckoo land is ripping the hearts out of good people.
    Let's make something sparklingly clear now - our mission is to see you gone.
    Let your children and grandchildren know, for we will surely make them aware, that part of your legacy is hatred, hubris and failure.
    You bought the wrong club
  • I guess the only good thing to come out of this is that the fan base will really come together and hopefully, when he sells, it'll make for a stronger club off the pitch. It's a small crumb of comfort, but at least it is a crumb.
  • cabbles said:

Is this an appropriate time tell you all that Katrien and I are engaged to be married. She agreed when I popped the question on a private email the other day (I chose not to publish it).

I look forward to receiving all your congratulations and well wishes

Congats, Cabbles. This must be why she's off to celebrate in Dubai.
  • I did not think that anyone could top the incompetent owners we have had. Congratulations and well done. Happy days.
  • cabbles said:

Is this an appropriate time tell you all that Katrien and I are engaged to be married. She agreed when I popped the question on a private email the other day (I chose not to publish it).

I look forward to receiving all your congratulations and well wishes

I did see the discreet announcement in the Newshopper, somewhere between Skip hire and a Dr Drain, congratulations to you both.
    P.s. A hen weekend in Dubai's a bit over the top, don't you think?
  • pettgra said:

I did not think that anyone could top the incompetent owners we have had. Congratulations and well done. Happy days.

Thanks mate, I think we'll be very happy together
  • Now that relegation is all but assured, it is time to congratulate Roland for his unique success in such a short time of owning the club.

Although he missed out on getting us to the promised land of Div 1 in the previous 2 seasons it certainly wasn’t through being idle.

Selling our best players and sacking a manager to enable many great managers/players from the network to play there part was sheer genius, unfortunately the target was just missed.

Again the next season due to a blip of decent form and the likes of other well run clubs like Blackpool got in the way.

Finally Roland with help from the executives and accomplished network managers has finally delivered. Only success on this front.

When you think it took over a couple of decades for Michael Glikstein to turn CAFC in to a joke club with diminishing fan base, it is truly a remarkable accomplishment to achieve this in only 2 and a bit years.

Although Roland doesn’t do FAILURE, I’m sure he will be the first to accept that there is a slight downside in this great achievement, in that some customers seem intent on demonstrating and showing they care instead of accepting this new dawn of malaise and enjoying match day experience in the way his CEO has expressed.

However Katrien assures us that it is only a small minority, so no downside really, they will soon be banned. Who in their right mind would not believe her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Quite visionary ownership M. Duchatelet.

Who would have thought that within only two years your plans could have led, not to balancing the budget across a network of football clubs with each being a success, but instead to mass protests at the two largest clubs you owned and relegation for Charlton.

Of course the fans who have watched football and are immersed in it have tried to make this point to you.

Unfortunately the views of these people with greater knowledge in this area than you were dismissed as being the rantings of the non-visionary and your vision would come good and prove them wrong.

The fan base did not believe this and stepped up the protests with what must rate as one of the more unique and lengthy protests of recent times.

The depths of professionalism and creativity on such a shoe string (but still amazing given the donations) budget has been possibly the stand out feature of this otherwise disappointing and incompetently managed tenure as owner.

You should be, and will be embarrassed now at your failure. I recommend cutting your losses now because as I have said before, it is not going to get better for you as owner, only worse.

Good luck with any sale plans you have and I hope you minimise your losses but not at the expense of the club.

A fire sale of players under your ownership would lead to further embarrassment and financial loss across your remaining network.

If you can sell before the season ends, so we can rebuild under new owners, that would be best all round.

Look forward to hearing positive news.