Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gardening Advice

Comments

• Options
    Yea and still am considering it. The wall on the left is the back and side of the shed from the 1st picture. Will probably have them both rendered but still want some kind of fence/trellis just as added security/privacy. Maybe something that wont cover the whole wall but give it a bit more height.
    Seems a shame to paint those nice red brick walls. I'd put a trellis on the breeze block wall. The mix of flowers on one wall and red brick walls the other side would look good I'd say.
    Too late I'm afraid but have put some nice fences up down  there still showing a small bit of the walls. The wall on the left of the picture is actually the back and side of our old shed and needed strengthening.
  • Options
    Very tidy indeed and great for a quick spot the difference. 
  • Options
    Will get a fridge in the shed as walking up to the kitchen for a beer is a pain in the arse.

Also like them up down lights so a few of them down there on the fences with this inbetween :love:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    anyone got a night vision camera in the garden ? We've got 2 hedgehogs that seem to have moved in and I want to film them 
    Put one up a few weeks ago and have clips of deer, foxes and badgers.  One clip has a deer and a badger in the same shot.  Only problem is false activation from moving grass and moths.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    anyone got a night vision camera in the garden ? We've got 2 hedgehogs that seem to have moved in and I want to film them 
    Night shots not too detailed but got nice one of a deer early in the morning.

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Recentlyish moved...Any suggestions on how to save this lawn? In some dire need of TLC!

How’s the lawn going?
    Good time for a Scarifying, top dressing and seeding if you were too busy before.
  • Options
    So in the last few months on the weekends the garden has kept me busy and entertained I suppose and has gone from this

To this. Just need to get electric down there now and a bit of paint in places and I'm sorted. Will returf at another time.

Did you get permission to fell the tree?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have an uphill garden any advice? 
  • Options
    Buy a sledge.
  • Options
    Have you a picture?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Recentlyish moved...Any suggestions on how to save this lawn? In some dire need of TLC!

How’s the lawn going?
    Good time for a Scarifying, top dressing and seeding if you were too busy before.
    Looks like it needs scurrifying, aeriating and reseeding. Plus a good feed.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    cafcpolo said:

How’s the lawn going?
    Looks like it needs scurrifying, aeriating and reseeding. Plus a good feed.
    That is the old picture so I don’t know what he managed to achieve. 
  • Options
    Go online and book an uphill gardener.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    So in the last few months on the weekends the garden has kept me busy and entertained I suppose and has gone from this

To this. Just need to get electric down there now and a bit of paint in places and I'm sorted. Will returf at another time.

Did you get permission to fell the tree?
    No, it wasnt needed.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    My own rather more modest attempt at topiary.  This 'chicken with exploding head', was never completed alas, due to box blight.  I tore it apart in a fit of temper.  Huh, us artistic types eh? 

• Options
    You could employ an uphill gardener
  • Options
    Can I plant Clematis at this time of year?
    Ive not managed to kill off the Red Robin I planted some 5 /6 months ago, one in particular where the hose sits when I do water changes from our aquarium is doing particularly well. 
    👍😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Can I plant Clematis at this time of year?
    Ive not managed to kill off the Red Robin I planted some 5 /6 months ago, one in particular where the hose sits when I do water changes from our aquarium is doing particularly well. 
    👍😀
    They're quite hardy plants, they just keep bob, bob, bobbing along.
  • Options
    Ok to plant clematis...roots like damp shaded area's...if its in sun try and put stones/small rocks round base and put more soil on top ..if the plant does look a bit delicate put straw round base to protect from early frost ..try and grow other shrubs round base to encourage shade and moisture
  • Options
    Still not killed off our Red Robin planted 3/4 months ago despite them getting an absolute battering from the high winds the last few days. We’ve just bought some miniature fruit trees which we’re on special offer for the opposite site of the garden so look forward to the arriving, we would like some Low level hardy ground cover plants preferably evergreen, if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.  
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    T_C_E said:
    Still not killed off our Red Robin planted 3/4 months ago despite them getting an absolute battering from the high winds the last few days. We’ve just bought some miniature fruit trees which we’re on special offer for the opposite site of the garden so look forward to the arriving, we would like some Low level hardy ground cover plants preferably evergreen, if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.  
    A lot of herbs are low level, evergreen and grow in very poor soil as well. Plus you get fresh herbs to cook with.
  • Options
    Took delivery of a couple of bananas this morning, winter in the greenhouse and hopefully things will start looking a bit more jungley next summer. 
  • Options
    And so the annual retreat has started in the Midlands, young bananas are the first under cover, then cannas go into the potting shed and finally a couple of decent sized palms into the garage, first year of hardy bananas so with some protection I'll see how they go.
  • Options

Dave they've gone floppy now!