Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Enjoyed fight camp last night, last two fights were very good. Hopefully wood gets a shot at a proper title off the back of that
  • Fairly thin gruel so far this fight camp, but the headline started well, though Dickens has a cut already
  • One way traffic for Galahad, but cut can't have helped
  • Galahad is a different level to Dickens. 

The cut didn't help.but Jazza Dickens is someone who has not been afraid to be punched his entire career as his face will attest to 
  • Coverage hasn't been as polished as a sky show but overall not too bad, Laura Woods is a really good addition and she obviously does her research but the host is just there as she is nice to look at, you can tell she knows next to nothing about boxing.
  • Dazn just emailed a price increase from 1.99 to 7.99 from the end of September, didn't think it would take long for Eddie to hike the price!!!  
  • What a surprise 
  • Dazn just emailed a price increase from 1.99 to 7.99 from the end of September, didn't think it would take long for Eddie to hike the price!!!  
    That still sounds reasonable to me
  • Pretty sure matchroom guaranteed at least 16 shows annually as part of the deal, so it’s still great value if they’re putting on all these shows imo.

I’ll be keeping my subscription for sure.
  • Pretty sure matchroom guaranteed at least 16 shows annually as part of the deal, so it’s still great value if they’re putting on all these shows imo.

I’ll be keeping my subscription for sure.
    How many of those shows will be prime time for the UK audience though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Exactly, debating about his. If there's not a show I'd pay £15 for every two months at least, there's no way I'll stick
  • @nth_london_addick is that your company logo on Hughes' shorts?
  • I believe it was according to NLA on twitter. Hughes looked good. Less excited by the Benn fight but he won well.

• Awful cut that for Lara. Feel like Warrington would have struggled with his power again. 
  • It was a disappointing end, but there was no way he could continue with that cut. I also thought Lara was shaping up there, maybe Warrington needs a change of direction
  • McBobbin said:
    It was a disappointing end, but there was no way he could continue with that cut. I also thought Lara was shaping up there, maybe Warrington needs a change of direction

Lara has ridiculous power for a featherweight, and I agree that if for the cut Lara would have probably got to Josh.
  • It was a decent card, certainly worth £1.99... will need at least two of those a month to be worth £7.99 I reckon
  • Sky keep advertising Joshua's next fight.
    Is anyone seriously interested ?
    Not a great boxing fan but surely everyone wants to see Joshua and Fury ?
  • Sky keep advertising Joshua's next fight.
    Is anyone seriously interested ?
    Not a great boxing fan but surely everyone wants to see Joshua and Fury ?
    Blame the promoters. 
  • Joshua v Usyck is a good fight and one I think Joshua will lose on points if the judges score it fairly and not like the shutout when he fought Parker. 

Usyck is an amazing technical boxer and as tough as they come, he took a lot of real sidewinders from a Chisora who looked well up for it and that version of Chisora is a match for any heavyweight. Of course getting hit clean by Joshua is very different to getting one from Del boy 

Odds aren't great but my money is going on an Usyck points loss even if he boxes Joshuas ears off he'd have to knock him out to get the draw our judging is so skewed. And I don't think Usyck has the power to stop Joshua unless he lands a truly incredible counter combo 
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:
    Joshua v Usyck is a good fight and one I think Joshua will lose on points if the judges score it fairly and not like the shutout when he fought Parker. 

Usyck is an amazing technical boxer and as tough as they come, he took a lot of real sidewinders from a Chisora who looked well up for it and that version of Chisora is a match for any heavyweight. Of course getting hit clean by Joshua is very different to getting one from Del boy 

Odds aren't great but my money is going on an Usyck points loss even if he boxes Joshuas ears off he'd have to knock him out to get the draw our judging is so skewed. And I don't think Usyck has the power to stop Joshua unless he lands a truly incredible counter combo 
    What a ridiculous thing to say about about the judges scoring it fairly. How about waiting for the fight and then commenting if the judges, if needed, were right or wrong. 
  • Carter said:
    Carter said:
    Joshua v Usyck is a good fight and one I think Joshua will lose on points if the judges score it fairly and not like the shutout when he fought Parker. 

What a ridiculous thing to say about about the judges scoring it fairly. How about waiting for the fight and then commenting if the judges, if needed, were right or wrong. 
    I cant see how it's ridiculous in the slightest, judging in the UK and across the world in fact has been at best suspect for as long as I can remember with very few notable exceptions. I'll always say if a fight was scored properly or not afterwards however I've seen more than enough wonky scoring to home fighters to know Usyck will need a favour or a knockout to get the win

Watch Burns v Beltran, Smith v Ryder, Joshua v Parker as cases in point with the sound off to see how insane UK judging is. 
    Spot on. 
    I also think Joshua will be outboxed but the judges will make him the winner. 
    Not long to go to see if I'm right or wrong 
  • edited September 2021
    Carter said:

Ha you can''t watch much British boxing. Got some of the most bent scorecards in the world coming out of our cards atm. Hearn and his cashcow will NEVER lose on points. 
  • Carter said:
    Carter said:

I cant see how it's ridiculous in the slightest, judging in the UK and across the world in fact has been at best suspect for as long as I can remember with very few notable exceptions. I'll always say if a fight was scored properly or not afterwards however I've seen more than enough wonky scoring to home fighters to know Usyck will need a favour or a knockout to get the win

Watch Burns v Beltran, Smith v Ryder, Joshua v Parker as cases in point with the sound off to see how insane UK judging is. 
    Spot on. 
     The french lad beating conor ben?
  • Ok2121 said:
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

Spot on. 
     The french lad beating conor ben?
    His Dad beating Eubank
  • Carter said:
    Carter said:

Lost any last faith I had in boxing judging after that Smith Ryder fight.  Proper shitehousery.
  • There's no way usyk will win on points unless it's so ridiculously one sided. Be interested in what shape Joshua is in physically and mentally as he's not boxed for ages
  • McBobbin said:
    There's no way usyk will win on points unless it's so ridiculously one sided. Be interested in what shape Joshua is in physically and mentally as he's not boxed for ages
    Joshua has had 3 fights since 2018 and this is only his second fight since December 2019.

Usyk's recent record however is actually worse, this is only his 3rd fight since he beat Bellew in November 2018.