Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Carter said:
    Joshua v Usyck is a good fight and one I think Joshua will lose on points if the judges score it fairly and not like the shutout when he fought Parker. 

Usyck is an amazing technical boxer and as tough as they come, he took a lot of real sidewinders from a Chisora who looked well up for it and that version of Chisora is a match for any heavyweight. Of course getting hit clean by Joshua is very different to getting one from Del boy 

Odds aren't great but my money is going on an Usyck points loss even if he boxes Joshuas ears off he'd have to knock him out to get the draw our judging is so skewed. And I don't think Usyck has the power to stop Joshua unless he lands a truly incredible counter combo 

There is a strong argument that Usyk (at cruiserweight) was the best P4P in the world - as you say, an amazingly skillful boxer.
    If it goes 12 rounds then Usyk wins, but a) Usyk probably doesn't have the power at heavyweight to trouble Joshua and b) Joshua is likely to connect at some point with a true heavyweight bomb.
    So Usyk on points or Joshua KO for me - probably the latter.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I know next to nothing about boxing, but watch some headline fights.

So tonight who is Oleksandr Usyk what are his strengths and weaknesses and how will Joshua overcome them?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I know next to nothing about boxing, but watch some headline fights.

So tonight who is Oleksandr Usyk what are his strengths and weaknesses and how will Joshua overcome them?
    Usyk is a former unbeaten cruiserweight world champion. 
    A brilliant technical boxer considered by many to be the best pfp  boxer in the world. 
    He doesn't appear to have any weakness as such but against AJ he will be up against a far bigger stronger opponent. 
    Should be good to watch.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Any streams for the boxing tonight?  I know there's a popular site everyone recommends but I can't remember what it is 
  • Options
    Brutal knockout by Smith. Hoping Castillo is aoky.
  • Options
    That was scary. Never seen a boxer react like that to being knocked out. Hope Castillo is okay. 
  • Options
    Hatton just doesn't look very good, lost every round for me.
  • Options
    That’s a disgraceful decision...
  • Options
    Hatton just doesn't look very good, lost every round for me.
    No way Hatton won that fight
  • Options
    Wow, that is some judging. Not sure how Hatton won that

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Right, someone talk to me again about bent scoring by British officials 
  • Options
    Poor decision by the referee. 
  • Options
    Absolute joke of a decision, Hatton was completely out boxed in every round.
    Almost makes me not want to watch sometimes when decisions like that a allowed to keep being given.
  • Options
    Out of interest @bobmunro do bookies make a fuss to organisers when dubious results happen on a judged events?

• Options
    Anyone had a tickle on the big fight tonight. 

I've stuck a score on draw and £50 AJ round 7.
  • Options
    Hatton was 1/50 on in that fight 🤣🤣🤣

Thing is, a loss would have hurt my accumulator but people make so much over boxers and losses, if anyone wants to talk about legacy it becomes about who you fought regardless of result. A loss wouldn't have hurt Campbell's long term career at this stage and it wouldn't have made people like me even more convinced Britain is one of the worst places to fight and expect fair scoring. 

• Options
    Carter said:
    Hatton was 1/50 on in that fight 🤣🤣🤣

Thing is, a loss would have hurt my accumulator but people make so much over boxers and losses, if anyone wants to talk about legacy it becomes about who you fought regardless of result. A loss wouldn't have hurt Campbell's long term career at this stage and it wouldn't have made people like me even more convinced Britain is one of the worst places to fight and expect fair scoring. 

Unfortunately its a numbers game now. Protect the 0 then cash out. 

Look at some of the examples over the years  
  • Options
    anyone got a decent stream?
  • Options
    Anyone had a tickle on the big fight tonight. 

I've stuck a score on draw and £50 AJ round 7.
    Dodgy draw after usyk putting on a show 25/1
  • Options
    Hope aj loses, just for this ring walk 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you can find a stream of DAZN sports...
  • Options
    Usyk gets the first 
  • Options
    One of these guys is in a different league to the other. 
  • Options
    10-9 usyk
  • Options
    This is like watching sparring.

Just love tapping one another.
  • Options
    Joshua isn't in the fight right now. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Think Usyk is probably going to burn out if this goes on too long, he'll tire. His corner telling him to keep pushing forwards.

If that happens it will allow Joshua the chance to get some hard digs in.
  • Options
    If you think Usyk is the one with the stamina issues rather than Joshua I have bad news for you. 
  • Options
    If you think Usyk is the one with the stamina issues rather than Joshua I have bad news for you. 
     Joshua has been focused on stamina , though it's always going to be a challenge carrying the muscle he does. More muscle means more oxygen needed and more carbon dioxide to expel.

More fat causes earlier overheating which triggers similar.