Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• That fight last week between Lovejoy and Charr for the wba belt was an absolute farce and just reiterates the points above.

Its all about the money and protecting that 0 till they can cash out.
  • Carter said:
    Ignore Mayweather as good as he was but I'm taking him out because of his fascination with getting to 50 without loss 

Pacquiao, Cotton, Corralles, Froch all fighters in modern times who have fought whoever is out there. Add Alvarez to that as well although he has been cleverly managed fighting a lot of people at the right time but even so to have done what he did to BJS and Callus Smith in 2 of his last 3 is impressive 

I'll always be more keen to too a good fight rather than the man of that makes sense. 

I'm hoping that guys like Dubois who now has a loss on his record change that as there was no shame in losing the fight he did at the time he did to who he fought. Lennox Lewis for me is one of the best 5 if not 3 heavyweights of all time but he got starched a couple of times and came back from both. 

I dont want boxing to become UFC but more fights like Ramirez v Taylor who are both men who fight everyone the better. And astonishingly I can't find anywhere I can watch that fight so shows the contempt promoters and TV have for actual fans of the sport 
    It'll be shown here, free, although no guarantees that the stream will be perfect:

http://crackstreams.is/boxingstreams/watch-espn-ramirez-vs-taylor/

Also here on PPV:

https://www.fite.tv/watch/top-rank-ramirez-vs-taylor/2p9bp/

• Carter said:
    Ignore Mayweather as good as he was but I'm taking him out because of his fascination with getting to 50 without loss 

Pacquiao, Cotton, Corralles, Froch all fighters in modern times who have fought whoever is out there. Add Alvarez to that as well although he has been cleverly managed fighting a lot of people at the right time but even so to have done what he did to BJS and Callus Smith in 2 of his last 3 is impressive 

I'll always be more keen to too a good fight rather than the man of that makes sense. 

I'm hoping that guys like Dubois who now has a loss on his record change that as there was no shame in losing the fight he did at the time he did to who he fought. Lennox Lewis for me is one of the best 5 if not 3 heavyweights of all time but he got starched a couple of times and came back from both. 

I dont want boxing to become UFC but more fights like Ramirez v Taylor who are both men who fight everyone the better. And astonishingly I can't find anywhere I can watch that fight so shows the contempt promoters and TV have for actual fans of the sport 

100% agree on Lennox.

Also, Ali lost 5 times, Joe Louis 3 times (and those two are in the argument with most people as to the greatest heavyweight of all time), and arguably the best P4P of all time Ray Robinson lost 19 times.

Carlos Monzon lost 3 times and drew 9 times - the best middleweight in my lifetime and second only to SRR in the all-time list.

• Manny Pacquiao is set for his first fight in two years when he faces WBC and IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr in August.
  • Manny Pacquiao is set for his first fight in two years when he faces WBC and IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr in August.

Three months to get the juice working!
  • Spence should be fighting Crawford. Agree with what was said above, the best should be fighting each other any time,.any place (well, preferably not Saudi Arabia...)
  • bobmunro said:
    Carter said:

100% agree on Lennox.

Also, Ali lost 5 times, Joe Louis 3 times (and those two are in the argument with most people as to the greatest heavyweight of all time), and arguably the best P4P of all time Ray Robinson lost 19 times.

Carlos Monzon lost 3 times and drew 9 times - the best middleweight in my lifetime and second only to SRR in the all-time list.

I’m always fascinated by these discussions but why is Rocky Marciano not in the mix and of course Mike Tyson.
  • bobmunro said:
    Carter said:

100% agree on Lennox.

I’m always fascinated by these discussions but why is Rocky Marciano not in the mix and of course Mike Tyson.
    For me, Marciano just top 10 - Tyson outside the top 10.
  • bobmunro said:
    Carter said:

100% agree on Lennox.

• Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Carter said:

100% agree on Lennox.

Depends does it Bob whether you are judging a fighter at his best midway through his career - or overall.  Marciano was unbeaten over his career.  So many boxers carry on well past their prime.  Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali prime examples.
  • Some interesting fights on Channel 5, just watched Stephen McKenna whoop someone, and then it's Sam eggingtons latest throw of the dice
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Carter said:

100% agree on Lennox.

Depends does it Bob whether you are judging a fighter at his best midway through his career - or overall.  Marciano was unbeaten over his career.  So many boxers carry on well past their prime.  Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali prime examples.
    Many factors - overall career, at their best, and probably more importantly who they fought, and an attempt to match boxers from different eras.
    Marciano’s most memorable wins came against over the hill fighters - the rest were middling at best. Tyson was a scary man but a bit of a one trick pony. If he didn’t win quickly he struggled - and was found out against the better opponents.

All opinions, no facts!
  • bobmunro said:
    Carter said:

100% agree on Lennox.

Carlos Monzon probably the best pound for pound fighter of his day. 
  • Eggington up for me against Molina at the halfway stage. I like eggington, he unpredictable
  • Clear winner but cards wider than it looked to me
  • One judge had it 119 - 109
  • bobmunro said:
    Carter said:

100% agree on Lennox.

Carlos Monzon probably the best pound for pound fighter of his day. 
    Without a shadow of doubt.
  • Ring walks for Taylor expected at 2am now, rather than the 4am mentioned in the media previously
  • One judge had it 119 - 109
    Crazy
  • Sponsored links:

• Fury and Wilder 3 signed. A fight that no one wants.
  • Kenny Bayless showing yet again why he's probably the most bent ref in the game.

Saved Mayweather from defeat, due to being on his payroll, and now trying to do all he can to help Ramirez.

Come on Josh!!!!
  • edited May 2021
    114-112 are some bizarre scores for that dominant performance
  • Kenny Bayless showing yet again why he's probably the most bent ref in the game.

Saved Mayweather from defeat, due to being on his payroll, and now trying to do all he can to help Ramirez.

Come on Josh!!!!
    Gave Ramirez an absolute age to recover after the knock-downs
  • Amazing achievement but imagine that like me, non boxing aficionados have probably never even heard of him. 

Hope he gets the public recognition this deserves. 
  • Ffs, thought this was next weekend! Will watch it back later, what an achievement!
  • Croydon said:
    Fury and Wilder 3 signed. A fight that no one wants.
    Including the fighters!
  • Surely now Sky have lost Matchroom they should be doing everything they can to work with MTK and bring in a legit world class fighter like Taylor?

I’m interested to see what they do next or will they just walk away from boxing.

Criminal that nobody picked this fight up. Well done Josh!
  • Croydon said:
    Fury and Wilder 3 signed. A fight that no one wants.
    Including the fighters!
    Fury did a two minute hype job last night, and I'm already bored of it. Can see a lot of fans becoming tired of it, especially those who'll think Fury has somehow bottled the AJ fight, and PPV numbers for the fight will be poor.