Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Henderson really injured?

Comments

• Yet the last three games now we've only been in with a shout because of Nick Pope time and time again producing saves that matter.

We beat Boro thanks to the goals but it was thanks to Pope that we were still in the game come the first goal.

Same with Blackburn / Sheff Wed away... We lost both 3-0 but would have been a lot worse had Pope been the calamity he's supposed to be (i.e. How many times was Rhodes allowed 1on1 with Pope yet had his attempts saved each time?)

Yes he made a mistake against Hull and for the first goal against Fulham this season but thats just TWO goals out of the 77 we've conceded this season... Pope as a scapegoat has got beyond boring now!!!!

The fact is for all the great saves he makes he also liable to let one in because he just can't hold on to low shots. Against boro on 3 occasions the ball squirmed from his grasp.
  • Pope also used to be way behind Henderson distributing the ball, often sliced it into the stands.

Now Pope has got a bit better and Hendo has got quite a bit worse.
  • shirty5 said:

According to Riga today it's now his groin, after his finger, and before that his dead leg.

“Henderson is still injured, he has a problem with his groin, it was the finger but now it’s something else."

They're not even attempting to make it believable any more.

Head, Shoulder, Knees and Toes...
    Toe, Knee, Hand, Cock.
    Your problem, sadly, is that there are far too many young whippersnappers on here, who won't get this...
  • I'm not Pope's biggest fan, but everyone's expecting Nick Pope to be with us in League One, but who's to say he can't make it in the Championship?
  • shirty5 said:

According to Riga today it's now his groin, after his finger, and before that his dead leg.

“Henderson is still injured, he has a problem with his groin, it was the finger but now it’s something else."

Toe, Knee, Hand, Cock.
    Your problem, sadly, is that there are far too many young whippersnappers on here, who won't get this...
    Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
  • A pint of blood? Isn't that nearly a legs worth?

My mum was a haematologist in the late 70's and early 80's. I remember her telling me this was her least favourite (most mentioned by those she was taking blood from) sketch ever.
  • edited March 2016

Yet the last three games now we've only been in with a shout because of Nick Pope time and time again producing saves that matter.

We beat Boro thanks to the goals but it was thanks to Pope that we were still in the game come the first goal.

Same with Blackburn / Sheff Wed away... We lost both 3-0 but would have been a lot worse had Pope been the calamity he's supposed to be (i.e. How many times was Rhodes allowed 1on1 with Pope yet had his attempts saved each time?)

Yes he made a mistake against Hull and for the first goal against Fulham this season but thats just TWO goals out of the 77 we've conceded this season... Pope as a scapegoat has got beyond boring now!!!!

The fact is for all the great saves he makes he also liable to let one in because he just can't hold on to low shots. Against boro on 3 occasions the ball squirmed from his grasp.
    I only call this happening the once in the First Half... The rest were ones which he was never going to hold on to so pushed away from the danger areas which is what any good Goalkeeper would do.

The problem is I know that Nick Pope isnt perfect, he's going to make mistakes (All keepers do)... If he was then quite simply he wouldnt be a Charlton player which is what many fans fail to realise and so should stop looking and picking up on every mistake he makes.

Its like bloody Paul Scholes was moaning at David de Gea for not saving the Payat effort in the Cup last week!!
  • Tony chestnut.
  • shirty5 said:

Toe, Knee, Hand, Cock.
    I'm trying to work this one out. Give me half hour and I'll have the answer.
  • shirty5 said:

Toe, Knee, Hand, Cock.
    I'm trying to work this one out. Give me half hour and I'll have the answer.
    If it weren't for the fact that I know some would plumb the depths with it, I'd encourage you to show your workings.

Shocking the level of innuendo on here some days; I wouldn't mind, but I'm just too innocent to understand it all (what with most Charlton fans being metropolitan "sophisticates" (in the sense that Tom Lehrer would have used)...
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

Succotash said:

My memory, which may well be flawed, is that goalkeepers across football and not just Charlton were rarely injured. Henderson arrived injured and since then has seemed unlikely to complete a full season. I can't see why he'd be dropped unless he's got to be sold when we go down and we have to get Pope up to speed. I reckon he's a bit of a sicknote.

Expecting us to be successful with Pope in league 1 is misguided
    Why is Pope constantly slated. Give him a chance for Christ sake!.
    I don't rate him; my opinion
  • wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Succotash said:

My memory, which may well be flawed, is that goalkeepers across football and not just Charlton were rarely injured. Henderson arrived injured and since then has seemed unlikely to complete a full season. I can't see why he'd be dropped unless he's got to be sold when we go down and we have to get Pope up to speed. I reckon he's a bit of a sicknote.

I thought Chris Powell's assessment of Pope on Sky Sports said a lot. 'There's a career for him in football'. Not exactly glowing praise and I think Powell is about right.
  • I know many will not agree, but I think Pope should be our number one next season
  • wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Succotash said:

It would be weird if you didn't rate him in someone else's opinion
  • ross1 said:

I know many will not agree, but I think Pope should be our number one next season

I get the impression he'll be our number one for the rest of the season barring injury or suspension.
  • wmcf123 said:

Succotash said:

He's been superb the last few games.
  • Had Phillips not been injured I would put him in front of Pope.
  • markmc68 said:

Had Phillips not been injured I would put him in front of Pope.

On what basis?..
  • markmc68 said:

On what basis?..
    Alphabetically?
    Taller?
  • Sponsored links:

• markmc68 said:

On what basis?..
    Alphabetically?
    Taller?
    bigger hampton.... err according to @i_b_b_o_r_g
  • wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Succotash said:

It would be weird if you didn't rate him in someone else's opinion
    I was suggesting that I am entitled to my viewpoint
  • markmc68 said:

Leslie, captain Mark or Dillon?
  • edited March 2016

markmc68 said:

On what basis?..
    Alphabetically?
    Taller?
    bigger hampton.... err according to @i_b_b_o_r_g
    Ding Dong.
  • Henderson is seeing his dream of being the number 3 keeper in the Euros disappear under the barrage of goals conceded with the shambolic defending which did in the end effect the steady Eddie type of goalkeeping skills that Hendo displayed last season when ever he was fit.
    Another victim of the chaos and injuries that meant Bauer, Diarra and Khashi weren't there to form a shield to make his job easier.

A keeper needs clean sheets like a 5 star hotel.
    We turned into a 1 star flea pit.

Do many keepers dream of being 3rd choice?
  • Ben Hamer anyone?
  • That's what all the players dream about at Charlton, none of them can be arsed to play.
  • Henderson is seeing his dream of being the number 3 keeper in the Euros disappear under the barrage of goals conceded with the shambolic defending which did in the end effect the steady Eddie type of goalkeeping skills that Hendo displayed last season when ever he was fit.
    Another victim of the chaos and injuries that meant Bauer, Diarra and Khashi weren't there to form a shield to make his job easier.

A keeper needs clean sheets like a 5 star hotel.
    We turned into a 1 star flea pit.

Do many keepers dream of being 3rd choice?
    Yohann Thuram certainly didn't.
  • Missed It said:

wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Succotash said:

I thought Chris Powell's assessment of Pope on Sky Sports said a lot. 'There's a career for him in football'. Not exactly glowing praise and I think Powell is about right.
    I thought he was quite complimentary during his comments during the Boro match?
  • I notice Pope was second in Lancashire Lad's stats, with a decent score. Indeed he has a higher average for the season than Hendo...