Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Henderson really injured?

Comments

• Rob7Lee said:

Swisdom said:

Rob7Lee said:

Those who went to the training ground this week, was he there?

Nope

Popey and Beeney plus another youngster

Mitov was preparing for the Kent cup game

Hendo has an injured finger according to KPeacock

If he had an injured finger he'd still be at training, doesn't stop him running!

My fear is he, Jacko & solly (were they there?) have been to see 'management' and have been dropped kicked.
    WrestleMania isnt till the 3rd April
  • SDAddick said:

Rob7Lee said:

If he had an injured finger he'd still be at training, doesn't stop him running!

My fear is he, Jacko & solly (were they there?) have been to see 'management' and have been dropped kicked.

1) Doesn't look like Hendo does much running

2) None of those three have a lengthy injury history or anything...

The notion that the regime is "making players injured" is more than a bit paranoid. We know Solly was playing with an ankle problem and I can't remember what JJ's problem was but his cycle seems to be 2 months fit 1-2 months off. Hendo has had various injury and form problems. If we was dropped I doubt they'd go with an 18 year old on the bench. That said, Pope would start for me this weekend regardless of whether Hendo is fit.

We have enough reasons to dislike the regime, we don't need to make up more based on innuendo or message board rumor (see Ba).
    Ahhhh pleeeeaaasssseeee!!!!!

You know how much we enjoy it.

Though, I do actually disagree about the paranoid thing. If you have players who have a history of injury or iffy fitness, there's no real problem, provided you have a squad of sufficient depth. JJ and Solly have played too many games this season for the conditions we knew about, and Hendo is a bit brittle. But the killer this season is Kashi. When you consider that he was an unknown quantity in the Division.... And don't get me started on wingers.
  • addick05 said:

Ba? No loss there then!

played for U21's on Tuesday.

• I don't get the 'bet that hurt you' joke? Can someone explain
  • Henderson stormed out of sparrows lane on the Friday when he was told he wasn't playing against Brentford. It's Euro's coming up and he will need to be playing to get into the Irish squad. Haven't missed him yet.
  • SDAddick said:

Rob7Lee said:

The notion that the regime is "making players injured" is more than a bit paranoid. We know Solly was playing with an ankle problem and I can't remember what JJ's problem was but his cycle seems to be 2 months fit 1-2 months off. Hendo has had various injury and form problems. If we was dropped I doubt they'd go with an 18 year old on the bench. That said, Pope would start for me this weekend regardless of whether Hendo is fit.

We have enough reasons to dislike the regime, we don't need to make up more based on innuendo or message board rumor (see Ba).
    The reasons to be concerned are

- Vetokele; back room staff arguing whether hes fit when it is obvious to a 10 year old that hes a stone overweight, apart from any other issue

- Kashi; op? No. Not better? Ok .op. Out for season

- Bauer? What? How? When?

- Cousins; collapse in dressing room; rushed back, off again

- Diarra, Jackson;

- I wont include Ba and Watt as that is probably a mental issue with the players concerned.

So I agree. No need to make anything up.

I've posted this elsewhere, the Kashi thing is how I've had achilles injuries treated, it's just Achilles injuries are incredibly hard.

Cousins and the collapse, it's not good, no matter what. Some say it's Jordan's desire to play, that's great, but someone has to step in and say no.

Diarra and JJ both have had extensive injuries throughout their career.

Bauer is an enigma to me, I suspect he's doing light training and gym work, but given he's been out for a while it will be a long road back.

Igor's injuries have been groin and achilles, two things that linger for a long time (sometimes your entire life). I have no idea what went on there. Letting him play last year was a terrible idea. But I don't know where the balance of power is/was, is it with the medical staff or the coach?

I take your points, our record with some players isn't great, but incompetency versus "someone telling some hard truths to KM" are completely different.
  • ross1 said:

So we have 2 players refusing to play, Henderson and Ba

Ba?
  • Sponsored links:

It was about @CAFCOfficial wishing him happy a St Patricks day.
  • Swisdom said:

Rob7Lee said:

Those who went to the training ground this week, was he there?

Nope

Popey and Beeney plus another youngster

Mitov was preparing for the Kent cup game

Hendo has an injured finger according to KPeacock

Probably telling Katrien to poke it.

When they released a video of our Irish players it appears they forgot about Stephen Henderson so they added a joking tweet about remembering that Stephen Henderson is of course Irish himself.

Seeing that Olly and George are the two who cover the twitter comments I wouldnt read into it at all
  • iamdan said:

meldrew66 said:

The rumour is that Hendo is responsible for Roger Johnson's recent black eye.

I'd give him a black eye after that Reading defending.
    Johnson has had a black eye pretty much since he arrived
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Rob7Lee said:

The reasons to be concerned are

- Vetokele; back room staff arguing whether hes fit when it is obvious to a 10 year old that hes a stone overweight, apart from any other issue

- Kashi; op? No. Not better? Ok .op. Out for season

- Bauer? What? How? When?

- Cousins; collapse in dressing room; rushed back, off again

- Diarra, Jackson;

- I wont include Ba and Watt as that is probably a mental issue with the players concerned.

So I agree. No need to make anything up.

I've posted this elsewhere, the Kashi thing is how I've had achilles injuries treated, it's just Achilles injuries are incredibly hard.

Cousins and the collapse, it's not good, no matter what. Some say it's Jordan's desire to play, that's great, but someone has to step in and say no.

Diarra and JJ both have had extensive injuries throughout their career.

Bauer is an enigma to me, I suspect he's doing light training and gym work, but given he's been out for a while it will be a long road back.

Igor's injuries have been groin and achilles, two things that linger for a long time (sometimes your entire life). I have no idea what went on there. Letting him play last year was a terrible idea. But I don't know where the balance of power is/was, is it with the medical staff or the coach?

I take your points, our record with some players isn't great, but incompetency versus "someone telling some hard truths to KM" are completely different.
    Don't tell anyone, but I am at least slightly reassured to hear that my groin might linger for my entire life....
  • Henderson is seeing his dream of being the number 3 keeper in the Euros disappear under the barrage of goals conceded with the shambolic defending which did in the end effect the steady Eddie type of goalkeeping skills that Hendo displayed last season when ever he was fit.
    Another victim of the chaos and injuries that meant Bauer, Diarra and Khashi weren't there to form a shield to make his job easier.

A keeper needs clean sheets like a 5 star hotel.
    We turned into a 1 star flea pit.
  • Well Pope has 2 clean sheets in 2 games, 1 conceded in 3 now. Even if Henderson hadn't had some sort of bust up, it would be hard to drop Pope at the moment.
  • Have heard from a friend of a friend Solly is in a similar situation to Hendo but may have been bit more conservative as his knee problems may scupper any move for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if he has some clause in his contract on hitting an appearance milestone and triggering a wage increase /contract extension...
  • T said:

I wonder if he has some clause in his contract on hitting an appearance milestone and triggering a wage increase /contract extension...

Or maybe on "hitting a colleague" ?

:smiley:

• Chinning a team mate, however well deserved, never good for long term retention prospects. We all remember Andy Todd's expedited exit after registering his displeasure on Dean Kiely's features.
  • Chinning a team mate, however well deserved, never good for long term retention prospects. We all remember Andy Todd's expedited exit after registering his displeasure on Dean Kiely's features.

Was all over Deanos Mrs asking Mrs Todd how much they paid for a house IIRC. Andy Todd chucked out of three clubs for lumping a fellow employee...

I thought Deano looked like that even before Andy Todd joined us.

Probably a Scottish person/Rangers fan running the tweet, or English who doesn't like the Irish so much.

FWIW it seems there's a bit more than meets the eye in this case, Hendo wouldn't be out with a hurt finger.

Chinning a team mate, however well deserved, never good for long term retention prospects. We all remember Andy Todd's expedited exit after registering his displeasure on Dean Kiely's features.

I remember spotting Deano a few days after that shiner and asking him about it, he looked a bit thuggish to say the least walking around Blackheath, great guy though is our Dean.
  • If any player has punched Johnson in the face, I hope they put a lot into it and payed him out.

Oh dear that wouldn't end well.

For Henderson making the Euros, it'll be between him, Randolph, Elliot, and Given I take it? I always have this sneaking suspicion that with goalkeepers in particular, international managers go on what they see in training rather than in matches at club level. He's, what, 27? Given is mid-to-late thirties, hope Hendo gets in.

Also, I may be the only one on this, but it's really frustrating to me that we had Elliot and Randolph at the same time, never seemed to quite know what to do with either of them though both seemed promising, and let Randolph go for cheap (I think we got like 1m for Elliot).
  • SDAddick said:

If any player has punched Johnson in the face, I hope they put a lot into it and payed him out.

Oh dear that wouldn't end well.

For Henderson making the Euros, it'll be between him, Randolph, Elliot, and Given I take it? I always have this sneaking suspicion that with goalkeepers in particular, international managers go on what they see in training rather than in matches at club level. He's, what, 27? Given is mid-to-late thirties, hope Hendo gets in.

Also, I may be the only one on this, but it's really frustrating to me that we had Elliot and Randolph at the same time, never seemed to quite know what to do with either of them though both seemed promising, and let Randolph go for cheap (I think we got like 1m for Elliot).
    Given was preferred until he got hurt in the Germany game, then Randolph got the nod and has been good. Elliot is bound to be in contention as he ACTUALLY playing in the EPL. And Westwood was the Championship goalie of the season last year so Hendo has barely got a look in. I would even say Forde at the spanners would get in ahead of him as he has been first choice after Given retired (but then didn't).