Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Henderson really injured?

Comments

• That's right, I knew I was forgetting someone, and I get Hennessey and Westwood confused. Yeah, don't think Hendo has a shot as Elliot, Randolph, and Westwood would all be ahead of him for me. I'm not a big Shay Given fan (putting aside his comments about protests), his distribution is shocking and he doesn't come for corners or crosses.

Forde was playing for the U21s the other day, can't imagine he's still in contention...
  • Hendo should maybe not have sat on various benches for most of his career and picked up a fortune in doing so.
    Elliot and Randolph ahead of him as is Westwood.
    Luckily for him Elliot is injury prone so might just break down once again
  • Henderson has been a solid performer for us this season, but hardly stand out. I can't think of many games where we've sneaked a win or draw thanks to Hendo saving several clear goal scoring opportunities. The CL stats back them up, he's one of our better (least worst?) players but hardly a stand out performer (averaging 6.24 this season)
  • What are Shay Given's views on who should be the number 2 and 3 Keeper
    out of Charlton's current and Ex Keepers for the Euro's;
    Or is he still thinking about The merits of the Tampon tax and should the UK leave the EU.
  • Not in Rep Ireland squad but David Forde (Millwall) is, and he is playing for their under 21's. Others being Elliot and Randolph. If he has been dropped for Pope, I can understand his anger although Pope is playing OK
  • According to Riga today it's now his groin, after his finger, and before that his dead leg.

“Henderson is still injured, he has a problem with his groin, it was the finger but now it’s something else."

They're not even attempting to make it believable any moe.

Thats what happens when you go into the medical room at Charlton.

MIA along with Kashi and Bauer. Igor seems to have escaped.
  • According to Riga today it's now his groin, after his finger, and before that his dead leg.

“Henderson is still injured, he has a problem with his groin, it was the finger but now it’s something else."

They're not even attempting to make it believable any more.

What next? Strained penis? Toothache? Cannot see why they cannot be honest about this if nothing else?
  • "My boy Stephen has the flu and can't come to school work today.

Yours Mrs Henderson"

PS Roland Out
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson has strained his 'give a @#£%' muscle.
    Who could blame him?
  • Swisdom said:

iamdan said:

meldrew66 said:

The rumour is that Hendo is responsible for Roger Johnson's recent black eye.

I'd give him a black eye after that Reading defending.
    Johnson has had a black eye pretty much since he arrived
    He needs to stop walking into bars...and also the ones that poke you in the eye!
  • I can't imagine the situation is easy for any of the players. When he was pushed forward to do that post game press conference he was clearly struggling to defend the regime. Didn't Henderson also have an altercation with some fans a few games back? Cliche time - between a rock and a hard place? It could be he has been mentally distracted. Can't have helped conceding all those goals either.
  • johnny73 said:

I can't imagine the situation is easy for any of the players. When he was pushed forward to do that post game press conference he was clearly struggling to defend the regime. Didn't Henderson also have an altercation with some fans a few games back? Cliche time - between a rock and a hard place? It could be he has been mentally distracted. Can't have helped conceding all those goals either.

Could have helped playing behind Johnson. Other than yesterday, the defence in front of Pope has been playing well
  • My memory, which may well be flawed, is that goalkeepers across football and not just Charlton were rarely injured. Henderson arrived injured and since then has seemed unlikely to complete a full season. I can't see why he'd be dropped unless he's got to be sold when we go down and we have to get Pope up to speed. I reckon he's a bit of a sicknote.
  • Succotash said:

My memory, which may well be flawed, is that goalkeepers across football and not just Charlton were rarely injured. Henderson arrived injured and since then has seemed unlikely to complete a full season. I can't see why he'd be dropped unless he's got to be sold when we go down and we have to get Pope up to speed. I reckon he's a bit of a sicknote.

Expecting us to be successful with Pope in league 1 is misguided
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

Succotash said:

My memory, which may well be flawed, is that goalkeepers across football and not just Charlton were rarely injured. Henderson arrived injured and since then has seemed unlikely to complete a full season. I can't see why he'd be dropped unless he's got to be sold when we go down and we have to get Pope up to speed. I reckon he's a bit of a sicknote.

Why is Pope constantly slated. Give him a chance for Christ sake!.
    To be fair, Pope isn't exactly a novice anymore. He is 23 and has played a fair few both for us and in he football league as a whole. The same existing flaws (such as the notorious inability to hold on to low shots) are showing no sign of going away so it is fair to question him.
  • wmcf123 said:

Succotash said:

To be fair, Pope isn't exactly a novice anymore. He is 23 and has played a fair few both for us and in he football league as a whole. The same existing flaws (such as the notorious inability to hold on to low shots) are showing no sign of going away so it is fair to question him.
    It seems to be improving to me, held on to a nice low shot saturday...And to be fair the constant jeering does not help..
  • wmcf123 said:

Succotash said:

I expect his confidence is still pretty low to be fair. Needs this season to end and come back fresh next time.
  • Yet the last three games now we've only been in with a shout because of Nick Pope time and time again producing saves that matter.

We beat Boro thanks to the goals but it was thanks to Pope that we were still in the game come the first goal.

Same with Blackburn / Sheff Wed away... We lost both 3-0 but would have been a lot worse had Pope been the calamity he's supposed to be (i.e. How many times was Rhodes allowed 1on1 with Pope yet had his attempts saved each time?)

Yes he made a mistake against Hull and for the first goal against Fulham this season but thats just TWO goals out of the 77 we've conceded this season... Pope as a scapegoat has got beyond boring now!!!!

Yes I'm glad you see it the same as me.I mentioned the other day, had Nick Pope made the same mistakes as Henderson, some of the posters on here would have put him on the centre circle, and shot him!...
  • Yet the last three games now we've only been in with a shout because of Nick Pope time and time again producing saves that matter.

We beat Boro thanks to the goals but it was thanks to Pope that we were still in the game come the first goal.

Same with Blackburn / Sheff Wed away... We lost both 3-0 but would have been a lot worse had Pope been the calamity he's supposed to be (i.e. How many times was Rhodes allowed 1on1 with Pope yet had his attempts saved each time?)

Yes he made a mistake against Hull and for the first goal against Fulham this season but thats just TWO goals out of the 77 we've conceded this season... Pope as a scapegoat has got beyond boring now!!!!

Yes I'm glad you see it the same as me.I mentioned the other day, had Nick Pope made the same mistakes as Henderson, some of the posters on here would have put him on the centre circle, and shot him!...
    The way this season's going, they'd have missed....
  • Also... with Pope you have to ask yourself... How many times do you ask the question:

- You should have saved that Nick
    - How the hell did you save that Nick.

Against Sheffield Wednesday I dont know how he readjusted his body to deal with the diving Italian's header in the 2nd minute whilst the save from Rod Fanni against Middlesbrough wasnt luck, he instinctively closed his legs because he knew where the ball was going.

His ultimate problem is his confidence though yet his spells in the side have always been intermittent and you'll see him dropped for Henderson for no reason other than the fact that Henderson is apparently our No.1, give Pope a proper run of games, sticking with him even when Stephen comes back from injury and he'll do even better I believe

Igor is apparently our first choice striker yet if he came back from injury and Harriott was banging them in, you wouldnt think about dropping a Striker in form yet why has it happened a few times now with Pope being dropped, how do you explain it to him?
  • I like Pope.
  • Talal said:

wmcf123 said:

Succotash said:

I expect his confidence is still pretty low to be fair. Needs this season to end and come back fresh next time.
    A bit like the rest of us!
  • shirty5 said:

According to Riga today it's now his groin, after his finger, and before that his dead leg.

They're not even attempting to make it believable any more.

Head, Shoulder, Knees and Toes...
    Toe, Knee, Hand, Cock.