Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray Club Chairman

Comments

• Options
    Let’s put it the other way round. What does Richard Murray have to loose by distancing himself from the rantings of a deluded man.
    i have no reason to doubt Richards sanity but can see no reason why he does not distance himself from what is becoming a national laughing stock.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Murray needs to be driven out of the club much in the same way as Duchatelet.

Their poisonous influences have been raging for far too long and these herberts can't and won't be able to fix it. Neither posses the will to put the club ahead of their own ego's and agendas.
    They will therefore ultimately leave us deep in the merd. The longer they remain, the deeper the merd.
  • Options

the sad thing is a Murray lead group may be our only way away from Roland.

its the only logical reason I can think of why he has kept quite now does not want to get on the wrong side of Roland.

I hope not I think we need a clean sweep without Murray hanging around but if he did manged to bring on some decent owners he may save some form of reputation.

Is there any chance that Richard is part of the British Group looking to purchase the club do we know?

As mentioned above it would explain why he's been quiet
    I believe the reason nothing has ever leaked about the British consortium is there isn't one.  I think it's a "buyer of last resort" type thing, and will go through when "all other options are exhausted".  It's Murray and the £1 he has still got from when he sold to the spivs. 
  • Options
    Some people realise they have picked the wrong side, but can't admit it. I'm sure in the early days there were justifications he could make for his position. We knew Duchatelet was dangerous and bonkers, but Murray may have looked at his wealth and saw the possibilities that brings for stability. of course, Duchatelet being a complete mad man will ultimately bring you the opposite of stability.

Any sane person would take what they can for the club. But Duchatelet wants to ignore all of his errors, or blame others for them, and recoup more money than anybody in their right minds would be willing to pay. Something can only be worth what people are willing to pay for it. That is just common sense and Murray will know that. I would hope he might have a frank word with Duchatelet, but I doubt he would rock the boat in any way. He seems to have a certain contempt for the fans. Fair enough, many of us have a certain contempt for him. Had he walked away from football 10 to 12 years ago, he would have been a Charlton legend. It is going some to do such damage to you reputation, and sadly, place in history, but he has managed it.
  • Options
    I bow to those with superior knowledge to me,but I think Richard had just about had enough of financially supporting the club when he sold to the spivs.Once again,same situation as RD,(see the video),who initially thought in both cases that things could go so terribly wrong.The spivs were supposed to be Charlton supporters.The video of Rd Km and RM makes all the right noises.Kindly old gentleman,former owner and to be fair,an easy on the eye young female ceo,all saying what we wanted to hear.One thing for certain,when the club is finally sold,do not believe one word of what the new owners say.On a personal note,if I was Richard Murray  I would just piss off and let everyone get on with it.
  • Options

its the only logical reason I can think of why he has kept quite now does not want to get on the wrong side of Roland.

I hope not I think we need a clean sweep without Murray hanging around but if he did manged to bring on some decent owners he may save some form of reputation.

Murray sold his bottom to the Belgians so can jog on.
    And now it's like a volcano that you could drop a tennis ball into!
  • Options
    Obviously,everyone on here slating Murray for not speaking out against Rd has access to Richards daily involvement in the club.They are aware of every conversion which takes place at board level,and can relate word for word the discussions which take place.Having lived through the Murray period,I can say that this man dedicated his life for a long period to this club,and probably still does.I do not think for one minute he patronises RD to the extent that many think he does,just because he does not make public his opinions (like Taylor for instance)does not mean he is in agreement with what is going on.Richard is a man of great dignity and if the truth is known is probably responsible for what little stability we have left.
    Do yourself a favour and have a butchers at this.
    https://youtu.be/PD3vZvopE24

30-40 seconds in should do it. 

Murray is still a part of the club and needs to start acting like the statesman you claim he is.
    Mr Murray I would like to hear more about the corporate affairs please .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019

Is there any chance that Richard is part of the British Group looking to purchase the club do we know?

As mentioned above it would explain why he's been quiet
    So who do we think Murray would want in as manager,if we're him buying us...

(for a solitary £1 of his Belgian buddy)

oh & to just add,I hope he don't...😣
  • Options
    I don’t get the extreme negative stance towards RM. For an outsider like me he chose to leave some money in to stay involved and that presumably at the time was helpful to the then owners and what he wanted too. 

He couldn’t have anticipated just how bad things would get under Slater and then RD. Did anyone have that foresight?

He apparently fell out with Varney but the details of that I assume are only known to those on the inside and seems to cloud much of this debate. That will have created obstacles to any consortium or interested parties Varney may have brought to the table but if RD is as money influenced as we assume this would have been overcome. Easy with hindsight to get too wound up on this because for a reasonable period RD did seem to be happy to fund the club albeit with poor choices and no need to entertain  Varneys interested backers. 

I personally like to think he genuinely thought he could temper and work with RD to some extent and probably believes   he did manage to positively influence him on occasions but less than he or we wanted. RD is now clearly an autocrat and seemingly impossible to know how he thinks and influence for the better and I assume RM has also resigned to that. 

He has correctly in my view said nothing in the last year as it would be fruitless. He isn’t really important in this any more.  
  • Options
    I don’t get the extreme negative stance towards RM. For an outsider like me he chose to leave some money in to stay involved and that presumably at the time was helpful to the then owners and what he wanted too. 

He couldn’t have anticipated just how bad things would get under Slater and then RD. Did anyone have that foresight?

He apparently fell out with Varney but the details of that I assume are only known to those on the inside and seems to cloud much of this debate. That will have created obstacles to any consortium or interested parties Varney may have brought to the table but if RD is as money influenced as we assume this would have been overcome. Easy with hindsight to get too wound up on this because for a reasonable period RD did seem to be happy to fund the club albeit with poor choices and no need to entertain  Varneys interested backers. 

I personally like to think he genuinely thought he could temper and work with RD to some extent and probably believes   he did manage to positively influence him on occasions but less than he or we wanted. RD is now clearly an autocrat and seemingly impossible to know how he thinks and influence for the better and I assume RM has also resigned to that. 

He has correctly in my view said nothing in the last year as it would be fruitless. He isn’t really important in this any more.  
    The bottom line is he's stood by and done nothing, he's had plenty oppotunity.
  • Options
    Ive only just caught up with another thread and now i see what your avatar picture is redmist. Balloon knot had me laughing out loud on the train!
  • Options
    RedMist said:

To do what exactly from his very limited position of influence? A hollow gesture of resigning?

As I say my guess is that he thought he was helping but has realised he has been unable. But just a guess. 
  • Options
    RedMist said:

To do what exactly from his very limited position of influence? A hollow gesture of resigning?

As I say my guess is that he thought he was helping but has realised he has been unable. But just a guess. 
    No. We all have influence. 
    We need as many voices as possible to stand up and publicly denounce this situation. It all adds to the pressure.

It's all hands to the pump ffs. We are as close as ever to breaking point as a football establishment.
    Murray is the conduit between the owner and the fans. I haven't seen any reports or statements saying that is no longer the case?
    He has far more influence than most. He could be doing so much more. Obviously doesn't fancy it
  • Options
    RedMist said:

That would be a start.
  • Options
    Ive only just caught up with another thread and now i see what your avatar picture is redmist. Balloon knot had me laughing out loud on the train!
    Yes 👌
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Resigning now would be pointless. However, if he had resigned when it first became apparent that it was all going tits up and denounced Roland he would have come out with his reputation intact and in fact would be seen as ‘hero’ to most. The fact he didn’t says it all. Personally I’ll be glad to see the back of him, the duplicitous weasel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me it's not about the money, I understand he's made an investment and he doesn't want to jeopardise that. That nonsense about 'having the relationship with the fans' really sticks in the craw though. He said it, he should abide by it. It strikes me that he's all in favour of picking up the plaudits when things are going well, but isn't man enough to make a challenge when things are so obviously out of control. Come on Richard, come out of your little hiding hole and say something constructive - and by that I don't mean echoing Two Shat's lies.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

To fulfill his role is all I ask.
    He said in the video that his role was to act as a conduit between the owner & the fans.
    Why does he remain a director, if he is not fulfilling his role ?
    If he is fulfilling a meaningful role, then he should inform the fans, what he actually does and what the hell is going on.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Obviously,everyone on here slating Murray for not speaking out against Rd has access to Richards daily involvement in the club.They are aware of every conversion which takes place at board level,and can relate word for word the discussions which take place.Having lived through the Murray period,I can say that this man dedicated his life for a long period to this club,and probably still does.I do not think for one minute he patronises RD to the extent that many think he does,just because he does not make public his opinions (like Taylor for instance)does not mean he is in agreement with what is going on.Richard is a man of great dignity and if the truth is known is probably responsible for what little stability we have left.
    Do yourself a favour and have a butchers at this.
    https://youtu.be/PD3vZvopE24

30-40 seconds in should do it. 

Murray is still a part of the club and needs to start acting like the statesman you claim he is.
    This is so cringyworthy watching this.
    I can't face this. 
    To me this is what kills Murray. He stood by this guy and as far as we know, still does.

He needs to go.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Resigning now would be pointless. However, if he had resigned when it first became apparent that it was all going tits up and denounced Roland he would have come out with his reputation intact and in fact would be seen as ‘hero’ to most. The fact he didn’t says it all. Personally I’ll be glad to see the back of him, the duplicitous weasel.
    Once upon a time he said we should all watch because he would resign if he no longer trusted / believed Duchatelet. 

• Options
    RedMist said:

So begs the question of why is he hanging around?
  • Options
    Was it Murray who said Parky would be given the job based on results?
  • Options
    Yep and that Parky was a better manager than Curbs. Deluded. 
  • Options
    Was it Murray who said Parky would be given the job based on results?
    Three points from eight games, gave him the job of taking us down based on results. What's the problem?