Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray Club Chairman

Comments

• Options
    Murray is an intelligent man and probably realises it was a mistake to associate himself so closely with a complete mad man. But when you side completely with the wrong side, it is difficult to admit it. I think he might be surprised if he came out against Duchatelet along with a minor apology, how many fans would be supportive of him. 
  • Options
    Murray is an intelligent man and probably realises it was a mistake to associate himself so closely with a complete mad man. But when you side completely with the wrong side, it is difficult to admit it. I think he might be surprised if he came out against Duchatelet along with a minor apology, how many fans would be supportive of him. 
    I agree, although it's a few years late, but even now it may just hasten the departure of RD.
  • Options
    He must see the same things as everybody else is seeing.
  • Options

the sad thing is a Murray lead group may be our only way away from Roland.

its the only logical reason I can think of why he has kept quite now does not want to get on the wrong side of Roland.

I hope not I think we need a clean sweep without Murray hanging around but if he did manged to bring on some decent owners he may save some form of reputation.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Our only way away from Roland is if the idiot drops his overall price. Potential buyers with the necessary funds are unlikely to be as big a mug as he is! Yes he may have found somebody who agreed on the value of the clubs overall assets, but it is clear that they have baulked at the part of the club Roland wants to seperate. This part can only make money if we get into the Premier League, and that is a much harder job than it was when Roland bought us. 

To get anybody to bite at the loss making part, the club has to show some signs that it could make the promised land. Despite heroic efforts from the manager and his team, we stand a better than average chance of being in League One again next season. Roland made that much more likely following the latest transfer window, but he is lost. His vision was always going to fail and that was the reason he bought us.

It was a real shame as a buyer who saw the ability we had in the squad and who was willing to fund the improvements that were not forthcoming when Cash pulled the plug may have made a lot of money and we might be a lot happier. But this was never Roland's plan. The sensible one, look at the club and look what is missing. We were a vehicle for his network and a moneyball like philosophy from day one that was doomed to failure! 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Does he still attend games? 
    He was in the millennium lounge for the Blackpool game 
  • Options
    Forgive Murray....not a chance.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Serious question.. have you heard anything from GM with regards to the latest situation with RD??  Has he seen his comments (but then again he is probably used to it)
    He’s seen the comments but won’t say a word about anything on the record. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Serious question.. have you heard anything from GM with regards to the latest situation with RD??  Has he seen his comments (but then again he is probably used to it)
    I understand but this really isn't helping us.

The Aussies to speak out about how negotiations have really panned out I've no doubt would be a real stick to give him another whack with.

Tell GM that instead of fans putting £2.5k in each to buy the club we'd use it as a fund to pay damages to Roland should he get shirty about NDA's being broken.

Are the NDA's even water tight?
    Knowing Roland. Probably not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Rudders22 said:
    thanks James
  • Options
    Would there be any fans supportive of him?
  • Options

the sad thing is a Murray lead group may be our only way away from Roland.

its the only logical reason I can think of why he has kept quite now does not want to get on the wrong side of Roland.

I hope not I think we need a clean sweep without Murray hanging around but if he did manged to bring on some decent owners he may save some form of reputation.

Murray sold his bottom to the Belgians so can jog on.
  • Options
    But what if formed a consortium to oust RD? 
  • Options
    But what if formed a consortium to oust RD? 
    F*** him, find somebody else.  It's easy enough.
  • Options
    I am supportive of Richard Murray - the only really decent football team we have had in the last 55 years since I started going was created by him, Varney and Curbs. Because of his £investment and the talents of the others he brought on board we watched a team full of internationals for almost 10 years - the other 45 years the team has been perennially awful with the odd momentary exception. 
    This latest nonsense with supporters siding with that tosser Simon Jordan just because he said something sensible for 10 minutes on a radio show doesn’t compare in any way with the contribution of Richard Murray. 
    Hmm I've met him on a few occasions and I'm afraid I agree with Jordan about him as much I feel my bile rising as I write this. 
  • Options
    West Country - it wasn’t just some good - it was pretty much the only good we have ever had apart from winning the Cup in 1947 and we still sing about that !!! 
  • Options
    Ran out of credit with me years ago.
     Yes he took us to some good times but my god. I don't think I can ever remember a darker time than this. And I hold him largely responsible for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why should he comment 

there have been hundreds if not thousands of posts by people like me who says I don’t believe a word he says 

so why say anything it means fuck all what he says 

why do people still want him to speak he is about as relevant as me or any one else

our thoughts and opinions mean fuck all it’s about actions 

my business has made me too busy to come to football as often as I want too so my thoughts on the RD situation are not valid really I haven’t boycotted I haven’t kept going it’s an irrelevance my support of the team 

Murray is as irrelevant as me so stop wanting him to say something or do something 

He matters not one Jot 
  • Options
    West Country - it wasn’t just some good - it was pretty much the only good we have ever had apart from winning the Cup in 1947 and we still sing about that !!! 
    I realise that, but I only credit Murray with being part of a successful team, and I do not excuse any behaviour that came later.  The successes should be applauded, but equally, he deserves criticism for the things he got wrong.
  • Options
    Why should he comment 

there have been hundreds if not thousands of posts by people like me who says I don’t believe a word he says 

why do people still want him to speak he is about as relevant as me or any one else

my business has made me too busy to come to football as often as I want too so my thoughts on the RD situation are not valid really I haven’t boycotted I haven’t kept going it’s an irrelevance my support of the team 

Murray is as irrelevant as me so stop wanting him to say something or do something 

He matters not one Jot 
    Perhaps he could comment on why he's still associated with RD and why he hasn't walked away?

Perhaps he could also comment on Simon Jordan's words to RD?

I take on board what you say about Murray being irrelevant but i'd certainly be interested in his thoughts on recent events.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Roll up Roll up, Read all about it.......

’Australian potential purchase group associate in “I won’t say a word about anything on the record” shocker!!!  :D
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Why should he comment 

He matters not one Jot 
    One thing I would say is that Roland has in the past shown some affection and respect for RM. So if RM is getting it in the neck as much as Roland then that is another play on Roland’s conscience. I might have got it wrong as I do also think that there is only really one person Duchatelet cares about, but never the less he has shown respect for Murray previously.

Regardless. Murray should definitely be feeling more heat in my opinion.
  • Options
    I am supportive of Richard Murray - the only really decent football team we have had in the last 55 years since I started going was created by him, Varney and Curbs. Because of his £investment and the talents of the others he brought on board we watched a team full of internationals for almost 10 years - the other 45 years the team has been perennially awful with the odd momentary exception. 
    This latest nonsense with supporters siding with that tosser Simon Jordan just because he said something sensible for 10 minutes on a radio show doesn’t compare in any way with the contribution of Richard Murray. 

I think most accept your point that RM resided over a TEAM of people that provided our best 10 years since our hey days.  However you seem to have forgotten who's decisions helped to undo all that progress.

The comparison with Jordan is currently topical and there are as many fans still dislike SJ regardless of him speaking out but this is smoke & mirrors to the reality.

In my view RM has become a divisive character to the fan base which will not carry the full support this club is going to need when our clown Roland finally goes. 

Richard Murray had his time and now its his time to move on for the sake of unity if not anything else.