Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray Club Chairman

Comments

• Options
    Duchatelet and Murray - what a toxic pair.
  • Options
    Is it possible the reason we have not heard from Murray is the number one thing he wants is not the health of the club, but to get his own loan money back?
    I don’t think he’s bothered about the money. He just wants his seat at the top table. It’s all about his ego.
    Mmmmm....he does genuinely have a great affection for the club but has unfortunately backed himself into a corner from which he can’t easily walk away ..........it’s sad to witness his decline in popularity.
  • Options
    I don’t think he deserves all this. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    He definitely doesn’t deserve this 
    The bloke supports the club - goes to matches and put loads of money into the money pit - and tries to persuade Roland to do the right thing and he didn’t sell it to Roland - the slippery spivs did - the abuse is wrong 
    Despite all of the above he publicly stated he was the conduit between the owner and the supporters, he has epically failed in that role. 

Why, now, does he not come out and speak to us, instead he continues to attempt to provide false credibility for an owner who simply does not care. Its all just so very sad. 
  • Options
    The bloke supports the club - goes to matches and put loads of money into the money pit - and tries to persuade Roland to do the right thing and he didn’t sell it to Roland - the slippery spivs did - the abuse is wrong 
    What evidence that he’s done any of what you’ve listed 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    I don’t think he deserves all this. 
    Are you serious? 
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Are you being serious ? - apart from the persuading Roland bit which is speculation on my part - the rest is documented fact ! 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The bloke  tries to persuade Roland to do the right thing 
    And how has that gone over the last five years?  .
    Any credibility the man once had has long gone . He’s had it easy with the fans considering he’s been in contact with RD all this time.  He should be absolutely ashamed of himself .
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Are you being serious ? - apart from the persuading Roland bit which is speculation on my part - the rest is documented fact ! 
    Rubbish.

Watch the opening interview with Duchatelet and squirrel face on our website.

You might change your tune after that.
  • Options
    What Murray has done in the past deserves a lot of credit I agree in recent years not so much but I have no doubt he is a real Charlton supporter and certainly doesn’t deserve this abuse and trolling 
  • Options
    What Murray has done in the past deserves a lot of credit I agree in recent years not so much but I have no doubt he is a real Charlton supporter and certainly doesn’t deserve this abuse and trolling 
    Trolling ? Do actually know what that means ? Nobody is trolling they are venting their anger at a man who has sat back and systemically watched our club get shafted and done absolutely nothing about it . If he was a real fan he would have spoken out or walked away many years ago .
    Put yourself in his shoes for a minute - imagine someone else has just sold a business that you used to own but still owed you £3.5m - would you want to keep on the right side of the new owner to try and recoup some of that ? - try to answer that question honestly 
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Absolutely, since Roland what money has Murray put into the ‘money pit’ what has he done to persuade Roland to do the right thing. Murray has done nothing for the club during the whole of Roland’s tenure other than protecting his end and ensuring he has a seat at the trough for his own purposes.

He’s as much to blame as Roland in his inaction, where’s his love for the club when we’re drowning in friendly, quasi equity debit.

out and our abuse, wrong, yes, but let’s not hold him out as some grand saviour or champion of the fans voice since Roland because he isn’t anything gf the sort   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trolling ? Do actually know what that means ? Nobody is trolling they are venting their anger at a man who has sat back and systemically watched our club get shafted and done absolutely nothing about it . If he was a real fan he would have spoken out or walked away many years ago .
    Put yourself in his shoes for a minute - imagine someone else has just sold a business that you used to own but still owed you £3.5m - would you want to keep on the right side of the new owner to try and recoup some of that ? - try to answer that question honestly 
      Think you've just confirmed the bloke is in this for his own gain and couldn't give a shit about the future if this club anymore.

What has sucking up to Duchatelet got to do with getting his money back anyway?

He will get it one way or another. No need for a love in.

The bloke is a parasite.
  • Options
    That’s just nonsense. He’s not going to lose that money by walking away .  That money is owed to him regardless.  
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Genuinely, and I choose my words carefully, genuinely I would speak out regardless of keeping on the right side of the owner.

And that is before I even consider the fact that my loan is repayable only on reaching the Premier League, which, under Duchatalet, is an entirely hypothetical scenario.

100% I would not keep quiet due to my own personal interests when the football club I love is at stake. 

• Options
    His money is secure, he and others made the decision to roll over the loans upon new ownership its protected by first charge, he could literally take a shit on Roland’s doorstep and still be guaranteed his money 
  • Options
     would you want to keep on the right side of the new owner to try and recoup some of that ? - try to answer that question honestly 
    At the expense of betraying and alienating so many good people who helped you through your lucky years..................... no I certainly wouldn't.
    He has systematically tried to ruin many a decent Charlton man along the way in order to look after his own egotistical agendas.
  • Options
    yes lets hope so, on both counts, its nothing personal, just healthy debate. 
  • Options
    I wonder what his children think, seeing as they are both massive Charlton fans?

I still struggle with Murray's inactivity over the past couple of years. It's not just the money for him, there's something else going on in the background I'm sure.

The serious rift between him and a number of ex Directors is worrying.

Can't wait for @Airman Brown 's book.

• Options
    If Murray really cared about Charlton, he’d get Bowyer to sign a new deal ASAP, any fool can see that.
    Agreed.
    If we assume that he still has a hotline to Duchatelet, to at least gain some ground back with the fan base he should convince him to pay Bowyer a wage Commensurate with our Championship status. 
    I have no problem with Murray in future watching as a fan but his time in the boardroom has gone.
    If he can help to get the deal over the line then fine, have a free seat for life but don't expect to be thanked for all the mistakes made over the last 8 years and backing the wrong horse.