Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

Comments

• Options
    Not bad of The Sun, apart from saying the funeral was on Saturday.
  • Options

buckshee said:

LuckyReds said:
    Stan has been very supportive as have most of the Talksport team , same goes for sky sports. Don't seem to be getting the same support from the BBC it seems , no wonder I guess when their phone in has KM's friend working on it.
    That is massively incorrect and you obviously don't listen to Radio London Sport. 606 long ago became irrelevant for any serious discussion about football.

Radio London Sport were hopeless on Sunday.
    Well I am really surprised. Who was there, do you know? Phil Parry has almost crossed the line in some of his comments on our behalf. Just follow him on Twitter, youll see he has decided to make it his duty to stick up for fans.
    Louis, who did well - but was barely used. Presenters much more interested in protest at Aston Villa.
  • Options

Oh dear!!
    This is a classic example of the perils of 'drafting by committee' where everyone involved insists on their rant being included in the final statement. Meire's pathetic attempt to redefine the word 'weird' to try and justify her Dublin debacle is toe-curling. She thought that over there she was among like minded individuals and NEVER suspected that her comments would come to light.
    The result is a disjointed and incoherent criticism of the very people they purport to want to support the club.
    Although many (including me) will not renew their season tickets, the majority will do so. One had only to see the numbers who remained in their seats on 74 minutes, black and white scarves notwithstanding, to realise that they will renew next season regardless of the division the club is in. They would renew and turn up to watch even if Charlton's first team consisted of the under15s. As seems increasingly likely to be the case under these lunatics.

I'd renew my season ticket regardless of the division in which we found ourselves and regardless of the composition of the team, as long the people in charge had some idea of what they were doing. This obviously excludes the Rat and Pinocchio.
  • Options
    Worst thing the club could do is take the statement down. It has to stay. Nor should they attempt to clarify that Roland did not say those things but that it was an appallingly badly structured release which caused the confusion. Nobody cares, they have had their fun.

My advice would be to reach out to the few journalists that still care and explain the mistake with the quotes, off the record, and otherwise do what they are so brilliant at ... go to ground and say nothing.

My advice to Mel B would be to formulate an escape plan, quickly, before you become tarnished by this PR howler.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Worst thing the club could do is take the statement down. It has to stay. Nor should they attempt to clarify that Roland did not say those things but that it was an appallingly badly structured release which caused the confusion. Nobody cares, they have had their fun.

My advice would be to reach out to the few journalists that still care and explain the mistake with the quotes, off the record, and otherwise do what they are so brilliant at ... go to ground and say nothing.

My advice to Mel B would be to formulate an escape plan, quickly, before you become tarnished by this PR howler.

Now some Lifers will selflessly offer to help her hide out, following her escape.

It could take some time before they'd believe it would be safe for her to emerge, not long, no more than a few years....
  • Options

Can anyone confirm that Katrien is a lawyer? I think she may actually be a barista.

I heard she was a bar steward. At least, I think that's what someone said at the game on Sunday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roland Duchatelet. The gift that keeps on giving....
  • Options
    Red7Oak said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Red7Oak said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Time to get serious here!!!

Pitch invasion? :-)
    Very clever! only took you 3 days to think that one up :)

an improvement on the months and MONTHS it took you to see that Rolland wasn't Right! :D
    Lol - 3 days to think up a response to a comment made less than 24 hours ago! :smiley:
    Who's invented time travel?
  • Options

Oh dear!!
    This is a classic example of the perils of 'drafting by committee' where everyone involved insists on their rant being included in the final statement. Meire's pathetic attempt to redefine the word 'weird' to try and justify her Dublin debacle is toe-curling. She thought that over there she was among like minded individuals and NEVER suspected that her comments would come to light.
    The result is a disjointed and incoherent criticism of the very people they purport to want to support the club.
    Although many (including me) will not renew their season tickets, the majority will do so. One had only to see the numbers who remained in their seats on 74 minutes, black and white scarves notwithstanding, to realise that they will renew next season regardless of the division the club is in. They would renew and turn up to watch even if Charlton's first team consisted of the under15s. As seems increasingly likely to be the case under these lunatics.

The final paragraph is a worry.

People need to go the whole hog with a boycott of season ticket renewal. Do not wait till the last minute to cause disruption to whatever disjointed plans the Belgians have.

Do not renew at all.
  • Options
    Hex said:

My biggest worry is that it's KM's work rather than RD. If it's KM then she could/should be fired but then we will get another KM and RD will get a stay of execution. Please, please let it be RD's rant.

We'll never know.
  • Options
    So we're not even "customers" anymore, we're "individuals" #relegated
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Dazzler21 said:

(ed. this time Roland Rant and it's a cracker)

Is this insinuating Roland wrote it because I'm certain he did not.

Hey @Dazzler21 what makes you certain it was not written by him? As other posters have said, there's good evidence that it was, so it would be interesting to know why you suggest he didn't. Do you have some inside knowledge to spill?
    I am certain it was written by Meire, probably with Roland's approval. It reads exactly as she speaks.

I do not think he would be going over and over the 'weird' point.

It's all a bit weird.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    rikofold said:

You have to ask, what the hell is the so called Head of Communications doing????

Writing her resignation letter I would imagine.

Edit: someone said it.

I mean, wow. Just, wow. I'm open mouthed. On Sunday there was an acknowledgement that the club needed to work with the fans and how sad they were it had come to this. Just 2 days later they're angrily ranting at us.

Well this has made up my mind. No chance I'm buying a season ticket, and all bets are off regarding the protests.

I said to Mel Baroni yesterday that the club had always had a choice whether they had this ridiculously well resourced community of supporters as a force for the club or against them. They consistently draw up battle lines.

Get ready M. Duchatelet - I would caution you ain't seen nothing yet.
    Bachman Turner Overdrive eat your hearts out!

CARD is coming!
  • Options

PeterGage said:

Sky SSN spoke with Shay Given and Gerry Francis in the studio at 1030 about general unrest within football at present. Gerry took a general neutral stance but understood the need for protesting, providing it is legal; also recognised the importance of fan/club relationship.

Shay Given thought we went too far with regard to the funeral possession but didn't offer a viable method of protest.

Weird, why would Given object to the funeral procession? It had no effect on the game or the players
    Isn't he from rural Ireland? Funerals are taken very seriously there. Could be that, a response dictated by culture.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Chizz said:

Dazzler21 said:

(ed. this time Roland Rant and it's a cracker)

Is this insinuating Roland wrote it because I'm certain he did not.

Hey @Dazzler21 what makes you certain it was not written by him? As other posters have said, there's good evidence that it was, so it would be interesting to know why you suggest he didn't. Do you have some inside knowledge to spill?
    I am certain it was written by Meire, probably with Roland's approval. It reads exactly as she speaks.

I do not think he would be going over and over the 'weird' point.

It's all a bit weird.

It certainly is unique!
  • Options
    I keep thinking 'what could be worse than the management and squad we've had this year' and they keep providing examples.
    Anyone checkec to see if RD is available to expand his views on what happened sunday. I revkon he's got more stuff to get off his chest. C'mon, someone give the guy a microphone, unlimited time and no script.
    Tell it how it is Big Man.
  • Options
    They forgot this bit off the bottom:

"My proposition would be a unique (meaning 'not unique at all') kind of football fan experience {…} to see the next stars of the Premier League, which we will have play (meaning 'lose') for Charlton’s first team and probably (meaning 'definitely') sell (meaning 'sell for not very much') on to Premier League. {…}.

• Options

They forgot this bit off the bottom:

"My proposition would be a unique (meaning 'not unique at all') kind of football fan experience {…} to see the next stars of the Premier League, which we will have play (meaning 'lose') for Charlton’s first team and probably (meaning 'definitely') sell (meaning 'sell for not very much') on to Premier League. {…}.

And..

{…} (meaning lost the plot)