Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016

Dazzler21 said:

(ed. this time Roland Rant and it's a cracker)

Is this insinuating Roland wrote it because I'm certain he did not.

apparently according to Louis Mendez (someone posted his twitter feed on here. gawd knows what page) it is from Roland himself.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

(ed. this time Roland Rant and it's a cracker)

Is this insinuating Roland wrote it because I'm certain he did not.

Hey @Dazzler21 what makes you certain it was not written by him? As other posters have said, there's good evidence that it was, so it would be interesting to know why you suggest he didn't. Do you have some inside knowledge to spill?
  • Options

Everyone just stop! PLEASE.

Some of us have jobs to do and I can't get anything done whilst I keep getting drawn back into this thread.

I thank you for your cooperation.

This, I have a day from hell today as far as work is concerned and some serious deadlines to meet.
  • Options
    I would imagine that any likely punishment will be suspended pending further action – which would weaponise the fans. It would be a shock to the power mad fool, who likes exercising his power and winding people up, that the fans have more power than he thought.
  • Options
    Surely their statement will have the opposite effect to what they wanted to achieve. More discussion of their incompetence and more protests (as its clear they are rattled).
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

Surely their statement will have the opposite effect to what they wanted to achieve. More discussion of their incompetence and more protests (as its clear they are rattled).

You're making the mistake of assuming that those running the club have the first idea of what constitutes good or bad PR.
  • Options
  • Options
    Not read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been posted, but the club's 'response' has been mentioned on the BBC Sports website: bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35820739
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been mentioned on SSN, with film of the coffin walk and balls coming on to the pitch, saying fans upset by last night's statement
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Not read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been posted, but the club's 'response' has been mentioned on the BBC Sports website: bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35820739

The way that article is edited is very generous to the regime. It doesn't even hint at the sheer incompetence and bizarreness of the statement, but makes it seem like a reasonable response to the "disorder" on Sunday. Very disappointing from the BBC.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Not real, but clever work.. lol
  • Options

One thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned much is the bit where we are asked how long we think it will take to sell the club.
    I don't see the relevance of this question because, regardless of how long the sale takes, if Roland starts the process today, then tomorrow we'll be one day closer to getting rid of the deluded, self-aggrandising, blustery old prick and his aggressive, arrogant and incompetent half-wit CEO.

So, you know what to do Roly. Give Peter a call.

Also, why would a committed owner even reference selling the club? Everything about the statement is baffling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's gone half eleven and its still there. They've got their message across, why haven't they deleted it? They must now know how badly this has come across!!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Red7Oak said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Time to get serious here!!!

Pitch invasion? :-)
    Very clever! only took you 3 days to think that one up :)

an improvement on the months and MONTHS it took you to see that Rolland wasn't Right! :D
    Lol - 3 days to think up a response to a comment made less than 24 hours ago! :smiley:
  • Options

One thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned much is the bit where we are asked how long we think it will take to sell the club.
    I don't see the relevance of this question because, regardless of how long the sale takes, if Roland starts the process today, then tomorrow we'll be one day closer to getting rid of the deluded, self-aggrandising, blustery old prick and his aggressive, arrogant and incompetent half-wit CEO.

So, you know what to do Roly. Give Peter a call.

I think he's trying to say that even if he did sell it wouldn't be done in time for the end of the season. At least he's thinking about it.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I still think my favourite line is the 'confused approach' one... just the utter hypocrisy. You couldn't get a more confused approach than appointing a Belgian Third Division manager to manage a Championship club...
  • Options
    You see, I can see the great thinking of Karel Confuse-us Fraeye behind this. He has advised them that if the customers are happy, they will be better customers, so the regime have decided to give us a right good laugh by pretending that they are completely off their trolleys.
    I feel quite happy this morning:-) so well done, I am actually feeling quite keen to get back down the Valley and chuck a few more beach balls around!