Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anything goes now on Sunday as far as I'm concerned. All boycotters please turn up and do whatever

124»

Comments

• Can I suggest that the vast majority of protesters make their way to the West Lower by either upgrading season tickets or simply buying a ticket for that area. There'll be great coverage from the Sky camera's and the chants can easily be directed at our beloved CEO ... Just a thought.
  • Haha typical stuff, ppl trying to plan a protest and fans get in to scrabble war

Haha's not a word and ppl doesn't count as it's an abbreviation.
    A ha-ha is a ditch used as a boundary, typically in landscaped gardens to stop livestock encroaching. Hence "Ha-ha Road".

No, don't thank me, please!
  • Off_it said:

Haha typical stuff, ppl trying to plan a protest and fans get in to scrabble war

A ha-ha is a ditch used as a boundary, typically in landscaped gardens to stop livestock encroaching. Hence "Ha-ha Road".

A ha-ha is also the name of an 80's band (if you stutter)
  • Just a thought but surely it's time to forget the 'support the team, not the regime' guff. An implicit part of the protests is that the team we signed is not good enough, and the players know that full well. Why beat about the bush? Let's make the Valley hot for the regime. No need to get arrested by waltzing onto the pitch, but at least 90 minutes getting at Murray and Meire. We can forget safety, Riga put us out of our misery on tuesday. Let's get nasty with the people who have left the club in such a state.

Agreed. Let's jeer the players for ninety minutes and cheer every time Boro score. Fucking christ, what have we become?
  • Jarman said:

Leuth said:

I think the most powerful protest would be if everyone was silent for 90 minutes (and Boro complied)

Ridiculous.
    Never going to happen, and it wouldn't make much difference would it?
    Much like a pitch invasion...

• WSS said:
    That tap might be a bit awkward sticking out of me trousers...
    Let the tap press against your trouser zip and I doubt you'll be searched!
    Would be better if you had the tap exposed through your zip with running water coming out the tap.
  • Off_it said:

Haha typical stuff, ppl trying to plan a protest and fans get in to scrabble war

Oh Deer!
  • Leuth said:

Just a thought but surely it's time to forget the 'support the team, not the regime' guff. An implicit part of the protests is that the team we signed is not good enough, and the players know that full well. Why beat about the bush? Let's make the Valley hot for the regime. No need to get arrested by waltzing onto the pitch, but at least 90 minutes getting at Murray and Meire. We can forget safety, Riga put us out of our misery on tuesday. Let's get nasty with the people who have left the club in such a state.

Agreed. Let's jeer the players for ninety minutes and cheer every time Boro score. Fucking christ, what have we become?
    Supporters of a club being destroyed. Next question.
  • hawksmoor said:

WSS said:
    We're doing a Palace away and smashing up the sinks in the toilets?
    Yeah, I'm going to break the hand dryers in the East Stand toilets. Oh, wait...
    Nooooooooooo !!!! The only bright spot on Tuesday was the 2 brand new (obviously second-hand) hand dryers in the East Stand toilets. Not only that .... one of them worked !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ok as a start let's all take a bag of Brussels sprouts hidden down our pants and throw them on the pitch and at KM . I like the whistle idea as if we have enough fans all round the ground the stewards will be going mental trying to stop them.
    Ref may even abandon the game. The team are rubbish and it's time they knew how we feel about them so give them verbals from start to finish.
  • Matttees said:

Ok as a start let's all take a bag of Brussels sprouts hidden down our pants and throw them on the pitch and at KM . I like the whistle idea as if we have enough fans all round the ground the stewards will be going mental trying to stop them.
    Ref may even abandon the game. The team are rubbish and it's time they knew how we feel about them so give them verbals from start to finish.

It would probably help if those without whistles were to hold their hands to their mouths as if hiding a whistle just to make the stewards job a bit harder. It would also confuse cctv operators.
  • Off_it said:

Oh Deer!
    I can fully understand your sensitivity there Coyote :wink:
  • Matttees said:

Ok as a start let's all take a bag of Brussels sprouts hidden down our pants and throw them on the pitch and at KM . I like the whistle idea as if we have enough fans all round the ground the stewards will be going mental trying to stop them.

If you really wanted to worry the stewards, cook the sprouts to the nth degree, remove from the heat allow to cool, place in a dog pooh bag, bring with you to the match and then watch the searchers' reactions....
  • What about having black and white balls of wool thrown on the pitch (unravelling as they go), a variation on the toilet paper idea, and unlikely to be viewed as offensive?
  • I will always try to support the team - I am not a fan of booing players. I think supporting the team, not the regime is a good distinction. Some may try to blame the fans for on field issues, but the booing directed at certain players would happen for any team performing as we are.
  • What about having black and white balls of wool thrown on the pitch (unravelling as they go), a variation on the toilet paper idea, and unlikely to be viewed as offensive?

According to a policeman friend, there are so many laws covering football grounds that anything thrown or anything in some way put onto the pitch is likely to be breaking some law. In which case, using the wool example, you would be relying on someone using their common sense.

And then we could throw a load of kittens on too to play with them.
  • edited March 2016

WSS said:
    That tap might be a bit awkward sticking out of me trousers...
    Let the tap press against your trouser zip and I doubt you'll be searched!
    Would be better if you had the tap exposed through your zip with running water coming out the tap.
    Ricky, stop Leaking !
  • How can I be a boycotter if I turn up on Sunday? Would I be an ex-boycotter or a lapsed boycotter or just a plonker wearing a mask with a big nose and a black and white cat scarf?
  • Sponsored links:

• milo said:

What about having black and white balls of wool thrown on the pitch (unravelling as they go), a variation on the toilet paper idea, and unlikely to be viewed as offensive?

And then we could throw a load of kittens on too to play with them.
    I had considered that, but was worried about the possibility of dubious innuendoes...

Naturally, only in the media, and not on this esteemed forum, I mean, I can just imagine Uncle Rupe's finest coming out with something unsavoury.
  • Leuth said:

Just a thought but surely it's time to forget the 'support the team, not the regime' guff. An implicit part of the protests is that the team we signed is not good enough, and the players know that full well. Why beat about the bush? Let's make the Valley hot for the regime. No need to get arrested by waltzing onto the pitch, but at least 90 minutes getting at Murray and Meire. We can forget safety, Riga put us out of our misery on tuesday. Let's get nasty with the people who have left the club in such a state.

@Leuth I did'nt say jeer the players, and never agree with it. Neither did I mention Boro. The point I was trying to make was we should forget the etiquette of getting behind the team for the duration of the match, and spend the time making life unpleasant for the regime. The team are down, and we need to look further ahead. Besides, every post criticising the network and the scouting system implicitly says the players recruited are crap. Even so, there is no need to spend the match digging out Mak or Fox. They're not the problem. The cancer here is the regime, and the chanting should be directed at them regardless of the score. The match lost any significance on tuesday night.
  • edited March 2016
    Hex said:

What about having black and white balls of wool thrown on the pitch (unravelling as they go), a variation on the toilet paper idea, and unlikely to be viewed as offensive?

According to a policeman friend, there are so many laws covering football grounds that anything thrown or anything in some way put onto the pitch is likely to be breaking some law. In which case, using the wool example, you would be relying on someone using their common sense.
    There're laws for everything, everywhere aren't there?

You'd most likely get prosecuted just for screwing Katrein. The charge would be having an offensive person on your weapon.
  • I was convinced there was a bit of match fixing going on tonight, it was like we were trying our best to make sure we didn't win this match.

The only way a match would be obviously fixed would be were we to win. Or perhaps Riga had a spread bet on how many sideways or backwards passes we could complete in the first half.
  • On Tuesday I was waved through - fat, middle-aged man with big jacket that had loads of crap in the pockets - and my wave was frisked - 5'6", 8 stone, couldn't have been hiding anything other than internally. These clowns don't have a clue what they are looking for.
  • Anyone able to make a His and hers pair of effigies to burn.
  • Davo55 said:

Spanish said:

A pitch invasion will not be fully supported and will lead to arrests and banning orders. That said something major needs to be done that will receive the support from the majority. Where are all those banners that were made ? They for one need to be in the view of the televisions. Come on CARD we need something special from you !!

We need something special from EVERYONE!

Too many people saying what should be done but they're not going to be there themselves.

Too many people doing f all to help on a match day

Too many people wearing the black and white who can't be arsed to come and do their bit at the 5pm protests

Time for everyone to stand up and be counted, not standing to one side and paying lip service to it.

CARD are doing their bit, and so are some others, like the Belgian 20 - but it needs everyone to get behind the protests.
    Agree with most of what you say in principle but there is one point I want to pick you up on.. The people in b&w scarfs who are seen leaving before the protest. At the reading game I met my little brother and his friend at the station and took them to the game. After the game I walked them back to the station and saw them onto a train before running back to the ground to join the protest. I had plenty of people make comments to me and swearing at me as I left the west stand and walked to the station. Yet I have been at the protest every game I have been to and I have volunteered for CARD every game I have been to.. so my point is you don't know what people have on... so no need to get arsey about it..

Not targeted at you just those who see the need to swear at me as I am walking two kids back to the station.
    Only just seen this @cantersaddick

And agree, of course. My point was in general about those who just walk on by every time, but even then i don't agree with the abuse.

If you're back on CARD duty this Sunday lets try to say hello. I'll be there from about 12.30.
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Spanish said:

A pitch invasion will not be fully supported and will lead to arrests and banning orders. That said something major needs to be done that will receive the support from the majority. Where are all those banners that were made ? They for one need to be in the view of the televisions. Come on CARD we need something special from you !!

We need something special from EVERYONE!

Too many people saying what should be done but they're not going to be there themselves.

Too many people doing f all to help on a match day

Too many people wearing the black and white who can't be arsed to come and do their bit at the 5pm protests

Time for everyone to stand up and be counted, not standing to one side and paying lip service to it.

CARD are doing their bit, and so are some others, like the Belgian 20 - but it needs everyone to get behind the protests.
    Agree with most of what you say in principle but there is one point I want to pick you up on.. The people in b&w scarfs who are seen leaving before the protest. At the reading game I met my little brother and his friend at the station and took them to the game. After the game I walked them back to the station and saw them onto a train before running back to the ground to join the protest. I had plenty of people make comments to me and swearing at me as I left the west stand and walked to the station. Yet I have been at the protest every game I have been to and I have volunteered for CARD every game I have been to.. so my point is you don't know what people have on... so no need to get arsey about it..

Not targeted at you just those who see the need to swear at me as I am walking two kids back to the station.
    Only just seen this @cantersaddick

And agree, of course. My point was in general about those who just walk on by every time, but even then i don't agree with the abuse.

If you're back on CARD duty this Sunday lets try to say hello. I'll be there from about 12.30.
    Yeah and I get that. Again not aimed at you but there have been an increasing number of comments like this and plenty out loud at the Reading which worried me about fans turning on fans..

I sure am. Will be late as trains are a disaster this Sunday. But I will try and say hi! :)