Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton set to land South Korean international Yoon Suk-Young from QPR

Comments

• cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Cannot score goals for love nor money and we get another defender in

Hang on, didn't we score four goals in one game recently? We could do with more creativity for sure but if we can keep Igor fit goals aren't completely out of the equation. I know nothing about Motta or Fanni but Yun is a decent player and it'll give Fox a chance to regain some confidence out of the firing line. If we have a stable back line and solid distribution out we can hopefully start to build more chances, nick goals and then see games out.

Having said that though, it's odd the way we're doing things. That's now two RBs and a LB who we've brought in for the short-term. If we stay up maybe we'll pick one or two up permanently but if we go down then I doubt we'll attract these players again and it will be the same old song and dance over summer. 'Thanks for all your help lads, back to where you came from now! Wait, where is everybody?' Every time.
    And how many have we scored since that match? ?
    Yeah, I am aware of that, but I think writing us off as unable to score goals 'for love nor money' is a bit towards the direction of shrill panicking. Igor does make a difference, not just with the goals himself but with the way he creates space for attackers, particularly JBG by dragging defenders further back towards their goal. We have goal threats, so firming up the base isn't the worst way to make use of them. Particularly if we're going 3-5-2 to give Johann that space
    take out the Rotherham game and it's true though

But you can't take out the Rotherham game. It happened and we scored 4 goals. Why don't we take out all the games we haven't scored then, we're bloody goal machines in that case.
    well in my opinion it was a one-off, so you can't use it to back-up the fact that we have goals in us. In fact only two teams have scored less league goals than us this season, and that is only one less, so we are hardly rip-roaring goal-scoring Addicks.
  • I'm not so bothered about where the players come from or the championship experience etc etc if you're good enough you're good enough, but at this point and considering our predicament, surely being MATCH FIT would be the criteria, we really do have clowns running the show.
  • Rob Brennan ‏@RobBrennan82 1h1 hour ago
    @RichCawleySLP Suk-Young will run all day long. He's quick but they don't trust him defensively at QPR. Good luck in the mixed zone!
  • edited February 2016
    edit - wrong thread
  • Question is. How long before he is match fit (one game this year suggest he has a way to go to be able to play 90). And will Riga play him or are we going to start back down that old route again ...
  • zzzZZZzzz wake me up when all this is over.......

• But you can't take out the Rotherham game. It happened and we scored 4 goals. Why don't we take out all the games we haven't scored then, we're bloody goal machines in that case.

I went to Hull and Rotherham. The win at Utd is the only recent high point. To take that out is too depressing. Leave it alone. It was a bloody great win. As for Hull, we were laughing at the end it was so sad. If this young lad helps out it won't matter if he's permanent or a bit part player.

RD is to blame from the beginning. He knows exactly what he is doing. His plan is to spend as little as possible and for him success is about profit. We are in business to break even and possibly make a profit, nothing else matters to him. For that alone I want him out but I'm also able to be realistic. What really makes me angry and upset is that he doesn't appear to care about the fans, players, staff or reputation.

Roland out! A Fan in charge please. Even if we are still penniless.
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Hang on, didn't we score four goals in one game recently? We could do with more creativity for sure but if we can keep Igor fit goals aren't completely out of the equation. I know nothing about Motta or Fanni but Yun is a decent player and it'll give Fox a chance to regain some confidence out of the firing line. If we have a stable back line and solid distribution out we can hopefully start to build more chances, nick goals and then see games out.

Having said that though, it's odd the way we're doing things. That's now two RBs and a LB who we've brought in for the short-term. If we stay up maybe we'll pick one or two up permanently but if we go down then I doubt we'll attract these players again and it will be the same old song and dance over summer. 'Thanks for all your help lads, back to where you came from now! Wait, where is everybody?' Every time.
    Yeah, I am aware of that, but I think writing us off as unable to score goals 'for love nor money' is a bit towards the direction of shrill panicking. Igor does make a difference, not just with the goals himself but with the way he creates space for attackers, particularly JBG by dragging defenders further back towards their goal. We have goal threats, so firming up the base isn't the worst way to make use of them. Particularly if we're going 3-5-2 to give Johann that space

But you can't take out the Rotherham game. It happened and we scored 4 goals. Why don't we take out all the games we haven't scored then, we're bloody goal machines in that case.
    well in my opinion it was a one-off, so you can't use it to back-up the fact that we have goals in us. In fact only two teams have scored less league goals than us this season, and that is only one less, so we are hardly rip-roaring goal-scoring Addicks.
    I think what it shows is that when we get the balance right we can score goals. We had goals from excellent wing-play on both flanks, a set-piece headed goal and a tidy one-on-one from a great central through ball. That's a great variety of attacking capability. I absolutely can use Rotherham to back up that we have goals in us because that's what it proves. We're not totally toothless like we were in our Pardew/Parky relegation season, or when our front two was Abbott and Benson. The problem we have is how to bring that out. No team with Lookman, Makienok, Vetokele, Gudmundsson and Jackson should ever be labelled incapable of getting goals. At this point it's about making sure we don't concede and making sure we create at least one or two of those chances every game. We'll never be free scoring this season but there's no reason we can't be winning games 1 or 2 nil with what's available to us
  • I think that anything this administration does playing/non playing side will be seen as a poor move (quite rightly as well). I can't get excited about anyone we bring in. Why should I/we.

Johnson (alcoholic)
    Williams (absolute waste of time)
    Poyet (why isn't he starting)
    Sanogo (will take time to get fit and has been abysmal since coming to Arsenal)
    Fanni (who knows - as above will take time to get fit and are we just going to have another Vaz Te)

Then our signings dating back to the summer

Vaz Te - awful signing
    Bergdich - unsettled (apparently)
    Makienok (improved recently but hardly set the world alight)
    Kashi - looked okay
    Bauer - looked okay but was getting worse before he was injured
    Ba- shocking

The signings have been getting steadily worse since RD took over. Some initial promise somewhere, ie JBG, but even he has been poor this season.

This coupled with disaster after disaster from the chump that is KM and the incompetent leadership under RD just makes my blood boil. This weekend combined to see us cut well adrift of safety, pick up 1 pt from 6 in 2 games homes games, RD release a pathetic interview about what has happened under his time here and the club (don't care whose fault it was) fuck up a memorial to a former player.

Quite simply we are fucking joke. From the owner to the tea lady. This club is simply rotting from within. There is absolutely nothing going right at Charlton apart from the protests. I am sorry if this is writing off what some of you might see as some positive shoots but we are an absolute mess. The only way to cure or stop what is happening is to cut the head of the disease. With each week our absolute fools of owners bring down the club another notch, dragging down good people around them.

I've reached my absolute limit. I'm happy to keep going to every home game in the hope my voice adds to the feeling that we don't want them there. I will never stop going on a saturday and why should I. Happy to channel my anger toward KM & RD. They are pissing clueless. They are a disgrace to the good name of our club.

FACT OF THE DAY: In 1967, Queens Park Rangers became the first Third Division club to win the League Cup, as they beat West Bromwich Albion 3-2, coming back from 2-0 down
  • Oh my God... this could be the worst named player in our club's 111 years of history...

Shittu and Shirtliff :P
  • Sponsored links:

• Since Jose has come in we have done what I would call 'doing a curbs'. Focusing on becoming resolute defensively and then building from there.
    Considering our results before that point consisted of several 3 nil defeats, A 4-0 a 5-0 and the 6-0 before Riga turned up. (That Hull game would be unfair to blame Jose) this is a positive step and whether the goals will come or not remains to be seen. You'd look at some of the players in our ranks and like to think that we can start to produce something going forward. That can only happen if we add a bit of urgency to our passing. It's so slow at times, get the ball zipping around and put the other team under pressure with the likes of JBG and Lookman, even Igor or Harriott running with it and it may work for us.
  • cabbles said:

I think that anything this administration does playing/non playing side will be seen as a poor move (quite rightly as well).

So no matter what they do, you'll criticise it?
  • The majority of teams now rely on attacking and pacey full backs to provide their width, hardly any teams now play 4-4-2 with 2 wingers, indeed often the wide players play as inverse wingers (like JBG does for us).
    Fox just isn't athletic enough to give any width down the flanks
  • I'm not so bothered about where the players come from or the championship experience etc etc if you're good enough you're good enough, but at this point and considering our predicament, surely being MATCH FIT would be the criteria, we really do have clowns running the show.

Where do you get match fit loan players? That's the problem of signing players in February, teams don't let go of regular starters

Where do you get match fit loan players? That's the problem of signing players in February, teams don't let go of regular starters
    You could nick some players out of League One that fit the bill.

Which club will loan you a fit player from League One... the best you'd end up with is a Left-Back version of Pawel Abbott.

Burton / Gillingham etc. wont loan a play to us as they'd need them themselves
  • IA said:

cabbles said:

I think that anything this administration does playing/non playing side will be seen as a poor move (quite rightly as well).

So no matter what they do, you'll criticise it?
    I hold back on judging someone until they've played, but the last few months have completely destroyed my faith in them. Why should we trust anything they do? What have they given us to believe they can do anything right moving forward?

Which club will loan you a fit player from League One... the best you'd end up with is a Left-Back version of Pawel Abbott.

I meant one of them view to a permanent deal loans.
  • edited February 2016

I'm not so bothered about where the players come from or the championship experience etc etc if you're good enough you're good enough, but at this point and considering our predicament, surely being MATCH FIT would be the criteria, we really do have clowns running the show.

Even then they wouldnt want to sell as it would harm their League position for the end of the season as they wouldnt have backup
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

I think what it shows is that when we get the balance right we can score goals. We had goals from excellent wing-play on both flanks, a set-piece headed goal and a tidy one-on-one from a great central through ball. That's a great variety of attacking capability. I absolutely can use Rotherham to back up that we have goals in us because that's what it proves. We're not totally toothless like we were in our Pardew/Parky relegation season, or when our front two was Abbott and Benson. The problem we have is how to bring that out. No team with Lookman, Makienok, Vetokele, Gudmundsson and Jackson should ever be labelled incapable of getting goals. At this point it's about making sure we don't concede and making sure we create at least one or two of those chances every game. We'll never be free scoring this season but there's no reason we can't be winning games 1 or 2 nil with what's available to us
    in that case Hull and Huddersfield prove that we can ship goals like a sieve and at a far faster rate than we can score so either way we are fooked.
  • Sponsored links:

Even then they wouldnt want to sell as it would harm their League position for the end of the season as they wouldnt have backup
    True, but then if Roland put his hand in them deep pockets I'm sure he could tempt someone.

True, but then if Roland put his hand in them deep pockets I'm sure he could tempt someone.
    He did... We got Yun Suk-Young... He was our 15th choice Left-Back, all the others sensibly said no
  • edited February 2016

Rob Brennan ‏@RobBrennan82 1h1 hour ago
    @RichCawleySLP Suk-Young will run all day long. He's quick but they don't trust him defensively at QPR. Good luck in the mixed zone!

He'll be running back to QPR when he realises he's joined a circus.
  • Let's face it , mad Roly just likes collecting crap players with bizarre names.
  • QPR fans not happy, rather keep him and move on Konchesky
  • Seems like a decent enough signing for a club in our postion but can't get seriously excited about yet another last minute short term desperate signing.
  • Young suk Berdich?
  • Let's face it , mad Roly just likes collecting crap players with bizarre names.

He'll be tempting Quim out of retirement as reserve keeper next - you heard it here first!
  • question is: 'will he be the solution to the left back problem '? .. he was not an instant success at Doncaster, but all the same, welcome Y S-Y and all the very best of good fortune