Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton set to land South Korean international Yoon Suk-Young from QPR

Comments

• RD is starting to panic. Has obviously started to realise the cost of relegation.
  • Just looked up his name on the internet. It is a three-character name and the characters are actually common for names in Chinese. Shame it is translated to English this way.
  • cafc999 said:

Cannot score goals for love nor money and we get another defender in

Hang on, didn't we score four goals in one game recently? We could do with more creativity for sure but if we can keep Igor fit goals aren't completely out of the equation. I know nothing about Motta or Fanni but Yun is a decent player and it'll give Fox a chance to regain some confidence out of the firing line. If we have a stable back line and solid distribution out we can hopefully start to build more chances, nick goals and then see games out.

Having said that though, it's odd the way we're doing things. That's now two RBs and a LB who we've brought in for the short-term. If we stay up maybe we'll pick one or two up permanently but if we go down then I doubt we'll attract these players again and it will be the same old song and dance over summer. 'Thanks for all your help lads, back to where you came from now! Wait, where is everybody?' Every time.
    And how many have we scored since that match? ?
  • Club retweeting lots of tweets from QPR fans, who are not happy. Saying he is way better than Konch who currently fills the berth.

So maybe not such a bad move. Fox certainly needs a break.
  • Last Friday when we signed Motta all the moans on here were "why are we signing another RB, we need a LB, Fox is useless etc)

Clearly the club is listening to us and acting quickly :smile:
  • But is he match fit?

has he played this season? if not then no he isn't
    According to QPR web-site he has played 3 times this season
  • The key is to get JBG away from right-midfield and into a free-role, especially at home. Igor and Mak formed a decent pair in their two games together, so it might be case of playing to our strengths.
  • Sorry to rain on the Suk-Young jokes, but surely the Korean naming convention is that 'Yoon' is the family name and therefore the name that should be used in commentary and any songs etc.
  • IA said:

Sorry to rain on the Suk-Young jokes, but surely the Korean naming convention is that 'Yoon' is the family name and therefore the name that should be used in commentary and any songs etc.

Yeah but that's not as funny.
  • ALLELUIA! He's a left back and played plenty of games for them in the PL.

And he's not played all season so he will fit in perfectly..
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Hang on, didn't we score four goals in one game recently? We could do with more creativity for sure but if we can keep Igor fit goals aren't completely out of the equation. I know nothing about Motta or Fanni but Yun is a decent player and it'll give Fox a chance to regain some confidence out of the firing line. If we have a stable back line and solid distribution out we can hopefully start to build more chances, nick goals and then see games out.

Having said that though, it's odd the way we're doing things. That's now two RBs and a LB who we've brought in for the short-term. If we stay up maybe we'll pick one or two up permanently but if we go down then I doubt we'll attract these players again and it will be the same old song and dance over summer. 'Thanks for all your help lads, back to where you came from now! Wait, where is everybody?' Every time.
    Yeah, I am aware of that, but I think writing us off as unable to score goals 'for love nor money' is a bit towards the direction of shrill panicking. Igor does make a difference, not just with the goals himself but with the way he creates space for attackers, particularly JBG by dragging defenders further back towards their goal. We have goal threats, so firming up the base isn't the worst way to make use of them. Particularly if we're going 3-5-2 to give Johann that space
  • If TDH is deemed not yet ready, this looks like a decent signing to me. Sorry to say, but Morgan Fox has struggled to make the step up and we need a better option at LB.

But it feels like the pendulum has swung the other way after Fraeye was playing 5 strikers in whatever positions. Riga seems to be putting his faith in a strong, experienced back line, hopefully with Diarra in front of them (sorry Jacko but you need a rest pal).

If we can get bloody Igor fit t would help a bit at the other end of the pitch, but we still badly need a creative attacking midfielder like Gnabry.
  • RD is starting to panic. Has obviously started to realise the cost of relegation.

What evidence is there that he is starting to panic. If he was panicking he would be signing a couple of creative midfielders and at least one decent striker who can actually find the back of the net - something Reza and Mak cannot do.

Signing another defender who hasn't played all season is not a sign of panicking. It's a mitigation signing that says "hopefully the fans will be happy and now they wont be able to say i've not tried".

It's a smokescreen. Nothing more.
  • edited February 2016

Last Friday when we signed Motta all the moans on here were "why are we signing another RB, we need a LB, Fox is useless etc)

In that case, why are we signing a left back when it's obvious we need to sign
    Riyad Mahrez and Dele Alli.
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Yeah, I am aware of that, but I think writing us off as unable to score goals 'for love nor money' is a bit towards the direction of shrill panicking. Igor does make a difference, not just with the goals himself but with the way he creates space for attackers, particularly JBG by dragging defenders further back towards their goal. We have goal threats, so firming up the base isn't the worst way to make use of them. Particularly if we're going 3-5-2 to give Johann that space
    take out the Rotherham game and it's true though

• Welcome Yun
  • Looks like Riga has taken the view that if we are to have any chance at all this season of avoiding the drop we need to stop conceding goals. Hence Teixeira, Fanni, Motta and now Suk-Young coming in. Certainly shows what a stupid and costly decision it was to let 8 defenders go last May (Ben Haim, Bikey, Johnson, Onyewu, Wiggins, Wilson, Nego and Gomez) and loan out another 2 (Obileye and Lennon).

In the 4 games Riga has been in 100% control of so far we've conceded 3 goals. It's a start.

My guess is that he'll try and pick up points in our horrendously difficult last 10 games by playing a highly organised, defensive team whilst catching the opposition on quick breaks. Probably have experienced defenders on the bench too - though given it's debatable how match fit a couple of the incomers are he may not have a choice about that.

Still don't rate our chances of staying up though.
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

take out the Rotherham game and it's true though

But you can't take out the Rotherham game. It happened and we scored 4 goals. Why don't we take out all the games we haven't scored then, we're bloody goal machines in that case.
  • Dansk_Red said:

But is he match fit?

has he played this season? if not then no he isn't
    According to QPR web-site he has played 3 times this season
    You mean he's not crocked???
  • Last Friday when we signed Motta all the moans on here were "why are we signing another RB, we need a LB, Fox is useless etc)

Simple reason... Neither have Championship experience!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Needed a left back because Fox needs to be given a break. This fella sounds a decent player, and maybe one who can bring some of what we've lacked since Wiggins got injured one-too-many times. Played in the Championship, fit, decent age. Nothing to really grumble about here.

Well done club, this signing actually makes sense for a change.

Welcome Yoon.

Mahrez does
  • IAIA
    edited February 2016

Looks like Riga has taken the view that if we are to have any chance at all this season of avoiding the drop we need to stop conceding goals.

In the 4 games Riga has been in 100% control of so far we've conceded 3 goals. It's a start.

It was what he did when he was here before. In his first 7 games, we scored 3 goals and picked up 11 points.

Mahrez does
    Pfft... three goals in nineteen matches... Not the sort of player we need to help us stay up
  • Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. The sort of signings that should have been made last July but again waiting till we are in the crapper before reacting.

I fear they have left it too late to avoid relegation this season and that will be all down to the rat and that Woman.
  • All we need now is Anil Koc back !!
  • Come on... RDs entered a silly name competition hasn't he?
  • If this signing means Fox not playing / taking him out of the firing line then it's got to be a good thing.
  • But is he match fit?

It's irrelevant with any incoming signings. Be good to get him fit by the times it's too late so other teams can have a look at him.
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

We have scored 26 goals in 31 matches in the league, 4 of those in 1 match as you pointed out.

So, IMHO, cannot score for love nor money is quite an accurate assessment in anyone's book. Not writing us off or in meltdown, just pure fact.