Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton set to land South Korean international Yoon Suk-Young from QPR

Comments

• Another British player, RD is living up to his promise
  • An international left back from QPR. Wether he is match fit remains to be seen and as on QPR's books, won't be cheap. I wonder what Charlton at paying him/QPR?
    Might turn out OK, I just hope that we start getting players back from injury so that we can play our strongest eleven.
  • They're thrashing around in a last minute panic, seeing too late what a mess they've made of it.
  • Yoon Suk Young... sounds like an Adam Johnson joke in waiting :-/
  • Like sticking a plaster on a gunshot wound. January was the time to strengthen with permanent signings who could become a part of the team. This is an afterthought signing.
  • Could be a back 3 of Johnson Suk Young Fanni

It doesn't roll off the tongue as comfortably as Young Fish Costa Fortune

• We are dead and buried already in my book. The lack of a playmaker in midfield has cost us dear, as has the absence of a striker who could net us 12-15 goals a season minimum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Confirmed in twitter
  • Cannot score goals for love nor money and we get another defender in
  • ahh another defender . great
  • Apparently he loves to get forward... Whats the betting he's replacing Bergdich and Harriott rather than Fox
  • Meanwhile, Montell Moore has penned a deal until the end of the season after a successful trial with the club’s development squad.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-yun-suk-young-queens-park-rangers-2955887.aspx#Wbstf9k4q3g314kw.99

At least a striker coming in, but whether ready for 1st team? but should be
  • Sponsored links:

• Interestingly Riga says that Motta can play in a back 3 as well.

Said before it seems to me we'll be changing to a 352. Yun Suk-Young left side of that 5 as an "attacking full back"

Maybe something like:
    Henderson
    Fanni Teixeria Motta
    Solly Cousins Jackson Suk-Young
    Gudmundsson
    Vetokele Makienok

Either way, good signing I think.
  • Oh my God... this could be the worst named player in our club's 111 years of history...
  • Big_Bob said:

Another British player, RD is living up to his promise

Does it matter?
  • cafc999 said:

Cannot score goals for love nor money and we get another defender in

Hang on, didn't we score four goals in one game recently? We could do with more creativity for sure but if we can keep Igor fit goals aren't completely out of the equation. I know nothing about Motta or Fanni but Yun is a decent player and it'll give Fox a chance to regain some confidence out of the firing line. If we have a stable back line and solid distribution out we can hopefully start to build more chances, nick goals and then see games out.

Having said that though, it's odd the way we're doing things. That's now two RBs and a LB who we've brought in for the short-term. If we stay up maybe we'll pick one or two up permanently but if we go down then I doubt we'll attract these players again and it will be the same old song and dance over summer. 'Thanks for all your help lads, back to where you came from now! Wait, where is everybody?' Every time.
  • But is he match fit?
  • The way Riga is talking up Yun's ability to get forward and the fact Motta can play 'at right-back and also in a back three' maybe suggests he's going to look at going 3-5-2.

Henderson
    Motta Teixeira Lennon
    Solly Yun
    Cousins Poyet
    Johann
    Makienok Vetokele

Could work. Probably won't.
  • But is he match fit?

has he played this season? if not then no he isn't
  • Can't wait for the next match updates ,..suk young, fanni
  • I can't say I'm excited ... I've never heard of him before today. However, Welcome Yoon Suk-Young. You can't be any worse than the current incumbent.